**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Morningstar destroys new captain marvel

A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxveqJB3Bdc&feature=share

40 second takedown Highly recommended for anyone who is wondering who to use against her!

Alpha Scorpion

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I tried using my 5/50 MS once, my method was to get her to 5 furies then launch sp2, but i realised that you have to knock her down to remove indestructible first or no damage at all.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Same with Hood L1
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

I tried using my 5/50 MS once, my method was to get her to 5 furies then launch sp2, but i realised that you have to knock her down to remove indestructible first or no damage at all.

In the end i gave up on counters and just used my 5/50 hyperion, managed to one shot her a couple of times
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I beat her with a 3/30 Mephisto on all my runs, apart from run 1 where I used 6* Jane Foster
  • Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    edited March 2019
    @Alpha Scorpion Does MS need to be duped? I have a 6* MS but not duped...
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I dont think so. The new CM takes damage from any energy gain by mystics.
    This means mystic energy attacks or hitting into her block
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

Mephisto works just as well just use sp1. Incinerates will destroy her

I can only do Master difficulty, but my 4/40 4-star (awakened) melted the 20K CM boss.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Knorr7227 said:

Yes she needs to be duped because she duplicates the buffs (Fury) in this case and at the same time the opponents buffs are less Potent
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Voodoo and Magik have worked well for me. Only one pass left in Uncollected for 100%
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Doctor strange, sym supreme, anyone with energy damage
  • Nicely done, OP! :scream:
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Just use quake.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    If you have a high enough Energy Champ, she goes down well. My Mephisto made short work of it. If you slip up and don't take her down at first, it becomes a bit of a loop nightmare because she gets trickier.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

If you have a high enough Energy Champ, she goes down well. My Mephisto made short work of it. If you slip up and don't take her down at first, it becomes a bit of a loop nightmare because she gets trickier.

She does get trickier with subsequent fights, but nowhere nearly as bad as Aegon was a couple months ago. With CM, you can still get a few hits in to change her binary mode and persistent charges so the next fight is easier.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Oh, for sure. Aegon was a Perpetual Motion Machine. Lol.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Knorr7227 said:

The dupe helps but isn't necessary no! The fight will just be alot longer because she won't steal the furies for herself unduped

Alpha Scorpion
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I took her out with wasp then again only did master mode
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,589 Guardian
    edited April 2019
    Mephisto (Dup 5/50) makes short work of Cap Marvel in Uncollected, think he downed her by his third SP1. Probably didn’t even need to rank him to 5/50. Just use him, so she hasn’t gotten any increased stacks/counters yet from other fights beforehand.

And pairing with Ghost Rider synergy will increase Mephisto SP1 Incinerate damage.