**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

LC's indestructible interaction with Void's sp3

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I was fighting Void in Master EQ using LC. I pushed Void to special 3 with LC having close to max. health, thinking to just escaped unscathed (zero hits to LC at that point).

When Void launched special 3, LC lost 70+% health, and then I see indestructible words pop up.

Wish I had a recording to review it.
Why is this so?

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Would Buffet eat it? That would still cause the buff wording to show, just not happen. Right?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Energy Damage? Does LC have to be hit physically to trigger it?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★

Energy Damage? Does LC have to be hit physically to trigger it?

I am unsure, but the description says all.

Signature Ability - “Tough it Out”
    When Attacked
    Bullet-proof skin allows Luke Cage to become Indestructible and ignore all incoming damage for 1~2.4 seconds.
    This ability can be activated again after a 45~26 seconds cooldown.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

Would Buffet eat it? That would still cause the buff wording to show, just not happen. Right?

This sounds possible. Is indestructible a buff?

Buffet

The next Buff you trigger is immediately Nullified by the Boss and they Regenerate 5% of their Max Health
    This Effect enters a 7 second cooldown each time it activates, during which it will not consume any Buffs.

If that is the case, will the first dexterity also fails?
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★

This is why, indestructible on Luke cage is a buff and gets taken away via buffet. It's the same effect with any special that nullifies buffs, for example any of SW's, Morningstars l2, Dr voodoo's l1. Since the buff gets taken away, luke cage will take damage.

To answer your question about dexterity, buffet does not cause it to 'fail'. However, the crit chance buff you would usually gain from dexterity gets taken away and your opponent will regen. It doesn't stop you from being able to actually evade.
  • TKS87 said:

This is why, indestructible on Luke cage is a buff and gets taken away via buffet. It's the same effect with any special that nullifies buffs, for example any of SW's, Morningstars l2, Dr voodoo's l1. Since the buff gets taken away, luke cage will take damage.

To answer your question about dexterity, buffet does not cause it to 'fail'. However, the crit chance buff you would usually gain from dexterity gets taken away and your opponent will regen. It doesn't stop you from being able to actually evade.
    Yep, this is correct; his Indestructible is a Buff and it can be Nullified by Buffet. The information about Dexterity is correct as well. You can still use Dexterity to evade attacks, but the Buff from it can be consumed by Buffet. That being said, if you had a buff, like Indestructible, that you did want to ensure activated on a Buffet node, you could use Dexterity to put Buffet on cooldown first and try to time the activation of the other Buff while Buffet was on cooldown.