**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Gated Content Improvements

Fuzzy_Fuzzy_ Posts: 58
edited May 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
Given today's announcement that up to four 5* or 6* champs will be needed for mission 5.2, I felt it was a good time to talk about what we players need to get there. Given the difficulty of 5.1 will only get more challenging in the next level, it was immediately clear to me that we need improvements to acquiring champs and ranking them up.

Wish list:
1. Let us buy specific champs. Through units or glory, maybe even gold!
2. Lower arena % of winning new champs for free
3. Add awakening to the glory store
4. 30 minute timers in AQ / AW.
5. Revamp an old champ every 2-3 months, with a roadmap to see what's upcoming.
6. Weekly gold arena or missions on the weak Sunday offerings, or rotating like t4b or t1a arena.
7. Increase bonus shard gains from maxed or duped champs. It will immediately speed up champ pulls, but only for seasoned players.
8. Make the infinity stones permanent to the Avengers. Those powers are really cool, clearly were well thought out, and honestly aren't more overpowered than any new champ. You immediately got 6 nice champ buffs already created and tested!
9. Since r4s are needed, drop t2as more. Also the amount of t1a needed to rank up to even r2 needs to be lowered or the gaining of t1a need to be increased.

Many of these ideas are ones you have already played with temporarily, but pulled back as limited time benefits. They should become permanent to help us help you keep this community alive, vibrant, and positive. Whales and free players would benefit equally.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    How in the freaking world is 30 min timers for AQ amd AW going to lead to more 5 and 6* champions?
  • Fuzzy_Fuzzy_ Posts: 58

How in the freaking world is 30 min timers for AQ amd AW going to lead to more 5 and 6* champions?

QoL is quality of life. It is referenced in MMO games that have too many mini games, game modes, or farming.

It comes down to if we spend less time farming or waiting or chatting about these team modes, we have more time and interest in other game modes, like arena, monthly missions, daily events, or story mode.
    edited May 2019

QoL is quality of life. It is referenced in MMO games that have too many mini games, game modes, or farming.

It comes down to if we spend less time farming or waiting or chatting about these team modes, we have more time and interest in other game modes, like arena, monthly missions, daily events, or story mode.
    No. Just no. You can only do arena while your champs are in AQ or AW if you plan on using those champs in other modes. At full energy, its 15 mins fighting if you have 5 nodes to walk over. What an absolute stupid reason to ask for 30 min timers.

No. Just no. You can only do arena while your champs are in AQ or AW if you plan on using those champs in other modes. At full energy, its 15 mins fighting if you have 5 nodes to walk over. What an absolute stupid reason to ask for 30 min timers.
    You must really love playing MCOC all day every day, and your team must all be on at the same time so you have no blockers in the way huh? Personally, I'm getting tired of it all, and the latest announcement is making me consider quitting. Posting a possible fix is more positive than your trolling. Go back under the bridge if you don't wanna fix things.

You must really love playing MCOC all day every day, and your team must all be on at the same time so you have no blockers in the way huh? Personally, I'm getting tired of it all, and the latest announcement is making me consider quitting. Posting a possible fix is more positive than your trolling. Go back under the bridge if you don't wanna fix things.
    Kinda hope you quit.
    30 min timers.in absolutely no way helps you earn 5 or 6* champions more.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Not to be rude, but you are asking way too much for the wrong reason.

You can already. You have Unstoppable Colossus and Vision Classic, for example. Other than that, you can buy chances at getting the champ you want.

I don't see how that will help with act 6. You can only use 5-stars an above there, and they won't add a 5-star awakening gem to the glory store that easily. Specially considering the cap on it.

Someone already talked about it. It will not help in act 6, it's not designed to be less than 1h.

They discussed that reworking champs takes time, and they will do it whenever they have a chance to. They have a list of champions that they want to change in the future.

Arena itself is already a source for gold. Gold is not a problem if you farm it properly.

T1 alphas are already easy to be obtained
    edited May 2019

Not to be rude, but you are asking way too much for the wrong reason.

You can already. You have Unstoppable Colossus and Vision Classic, for example. Other than that, you can buy chances at getting the champ you want.

I don't see how that will help with act 6. You can only use 5-stars an above there, and they won't add a 5-star awakening gem to the glory store that easily. Specially considering the cap on it.

Someone already talked about it. It will not help in act 6, it's not designed to be less than 1h.

They discussed that reworking champs takes time, and they will do it whenever they have a chance to. They have a list of champions that they want to change in the future.

Arena itself is already a source for gold. Gold is not a problem if you farm it properly.

T1 alphas are already easy to be obtained

As I mentioned to the other commenter, this is extremely negative and doesn't help get anything fixed. The overarching theme of your post is "they can't because they haven't before."

For instance, (3) if an awakening gem costs 15k glory, it'll work. It's exactly the cap, it takes forever to get to, and you have to sacrifice rankups and team event heals to get there. Awakening a champ is the most direct way to help in act 6, as some champs are trash before they get their awakened ability.

Another example is (5) reworking champs. Your comment is that they can't because they say they already do when they can. Instead take a look at the 6 revamps we temporarily get from the Infinity Stones. Those are solid abilities that I don't think are out of line with new champ abilities. We can't say "they can't" move quickly on revamps when they just did. And when the women's day revamp brought not two but THREE upgrades (surprise Gamora!) The rate they create 2 new champs a month is based on staffing, not anything finite. In business terms, it's a variable cost, not fixed cost.

And lastly, we've all seen areas where poorly tested content or champs are released to MCOC. The community is very vocal about those, and open bugs currently are very controversial. In development of software and gaming, especially MMOs, that poor quality control is subpar for the industry. I feel way below any company other than (famously) Bethesda and Motive/Bioware's recent releases. What I'm getting at is that quality output is already under the microscope, so changes in QC/Devs (aka hiring) can easily extend to new champ revamps if they so choose. And if they take my suggestion to sell champs directly (hint hint) I feel they may get direct dollars from players tied to each revision or new champ they make. So resource cost can have an income number tied to it, which helps motivate management and devs similar to salespersons.

So in conclusion, "they can't" because they haven't before isn't a defense for doing the right thing and improving.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    In other words, defeat the purpose of having the gates by making it easier to get there?

In other words, defeat the purpose of having the gates by making it easier to get there?

Yes. Same as act 5 was the beginning of 6* for many of us. Completely changed the game.
  • Let's please keep this discussion in our main thread for it! Thank you in advance, gang.
This discussion has been closed.