**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Proff Hoff’s video about Ebony Maw being a cash grab designed to counter Corv & Ghost justified?

13»

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    No
    I follow his channel to see the non-unit store offers when I was not able to play the game; to avoid missing out offers.

Got skeptical when he says things about how poor the marketing team is etc.

I believe the data-mined purchases is pointing towards a significant segment of player base taking up the unit store offers.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Yes

You may disagree but that’s going with the willingness to ignore how bad 12.0 was plus he did not become popular because of that, it might have increased his channel memebership but it did not throw Him into the spotlight like that. I remember watching him because he was one of the only ones that did thoroughly made guides that people shared a lot. You have to admit that proff doesn’t do anything other than his grading thing and videos he gets from other people via line.

I mean he DOES say that he wants to 'be a voice for the community' and 'help people make wise decisions with their money'. And as far as I see it (yes you can challenge this if you want), he keeps himself to those standards with his videos.
    Given, I'd probably recommend that Prof tone down on monetisation of his videos, but hey it's his channel. Just chuck on an adblocker if you're so worried about him making money from supposed 'clickbait'... then he won't make any money from you watching his videos.
    Monetesation? He rarely hits 10 minutes while Seatin does almost every video and RichTheMan literally spun out GREATER LAST STAND crystals to get over 10 just to slap in some extra ads. For all his sensationalism this is the one thing he doesnt do.

As for the point at hand i feel that ebony countering ghost and corvus is fine but this seemingly autoloss way of doing it is a bad precedent that shouldnt be how counters are designed. Miss because you are corvus vs a charavcter who reduces crit damage or shuts of guranteed critical hits.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    No
    Drooped2 said:

This is gonna get lost in a wall of text, but the way I see it is as a higher key version of champ interactions like massacre vs red skull, dormmamu vs ultron, or Angela/VTD/any buff reliant champ vs dr strange. It’s just one fight though, no biggie. If you scout your war path and see an ebony maw, bring proxima (can parry his projectile attacks.......) even if you run Corvus. Bring wasp if you run ghost.

If you don’t use synergies, bring omega, domino, cap iw, void, sabretooth, stark spidey, archangel, Hyperion etc.

Go for far reaching, heavy centered champs that you can heavy counter with. Just like you don’t bring massacre or havok to fight red skull, don’t bring Corvus or ghost to fight maw.

Side note:

Lol this is totally going to get shut down we’re speculating salaries and talking about political journalism now 🤦🏽‍♂️

Go drunk forums, you’re home.

Yeah it’s gonna be shut down by the time i wake up lol.
    But going back to what you said about scouting, I agree with you, if you prepare properly and don’t put all your eggs in one basket meaning not going Brian grant and using one champion for all of attack. The instances where powerhouses are reduced to below average for one fight is very small.
    Agreed I run 3 solid attackers no (synergy champs) ie my lowest attacker is an r4 ghost rider (danger sense) but rhata only if my boss gives blade a huge advantage
    Otherwise I run Capt and stark r5 and an r4 blade to clear lanes
    I think at this point in the game you need at least two attacking champs. The third can be used for synergy (wasp for ghost or killmonger for void or blade for stark {just some YouTuber teams from the past} etc)

Funny story—about a few weeks after bg stopped using Medusa for attack I pulled her, awakened her, and ran the royal trinity for a while. Three star black bolt and three star Karnak probably felt soooooo important lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    No
    I can't believe this thread is on the 3rd page. Maw isn't that good and he's mystic. And 99% of the things people call cash grabs aren't. I still think making Corvus unable to damage him (mostly) is a little over the top but whatever.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    No
    I think they should have done what they did with ultron for ebony where his 5th hit was a guaranteed crit so he couldn’t hit after 4 hits so they made it so he would miss his 5th hit and the counter would be reset I think they should do this for corvus where he can spend his charges while missing
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s not necessary a cash grab, but the fact Corvus can’t counter him really whatsoever is a bit bs, I think it should’ve been like guaranteed crits lose 80% damage
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

It’s not necessary a cash grab, but the fact Corvus can’t counter him really whatsoever is a bit bs, I think it should’ve been like guaranteed crits lose 80% damage

May I ask you why your even using corvus on maw
  • PufffPufffPufffPufff Posts: 54
    He'll get a death for sure (against ghost or corvus), but have you tried fighting against Mr Sinister in AW with Corvus? Same situation...you time out most times. So you take the loss against the nose...and go in with someone else for the second bite of the cherry.

Same with Maw...if you keep on going into the fight over and over with Ghost or Corvus, then you REALLY deserve to give Kabam all your money!! Just quite the fight, lose 50% health but at least Ghost or Corvus is still alive and go into fight again with 1 of your other 3 champs...PROBLEM SOLVED!!

So guaranteeing MAYBE 1 death per AW isn't a cash grab...and also not a reason to boycott AW, Killmonger on 29 is more than a cash crab than Maw will EVER be
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    Like he literally counter like 4 champs in the game out of like 100+ characters it's not that hard to use anyone else
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    No

He'll get a death for sure (against ghost or corvus), but have you tried fighting against Mr Sinister in AW with Corvus? Same situation...you time out most times. So you take the loss against the nose...and go in with someone else for the second bite of the cherry.

Same with Maw...if you keep on going into the fight over and over with Ghost or Corvus, then you REALLY deserve to give Kabam all your money!! Just quite the fight, lose 50% health but at least Ghost or Corvus is still alive and go into fight again with 1 of your other 3 champs...PROBLEM SOLVED!!

So guaranteeing MAYBE 1 death per AW isn't a cash grab...and also not a reason to boycott AW, Killmonger on 29 is more than a cash crab than Maw will EVER be

It's far from guaranteed. If you scout and plan properly, you won't have to use Corvus against Maw you won't die against him.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    No
    The champion is fairly balance I think. As we saw, his damage was terrible and as a Ghost player myself I do agree that she is very op and perhaps some sort of counter was needed.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    No
    That guys should never be taken seriously. He has posted the most ridiculous stuff about this game. That’s why I unsubscribed his channel. He once posted about OG Vision having OP attack, showed the stats from someone who had him but failed to realize the guy was extremely boosted at the time. He’s the Alex Jones of MCOC You Tubers.

Any science class champ can counter EM. Wasp rinses him down
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    No
    Not to mention every champ in the game should have a counter.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

We welcome feedback about Champions but a lot of this thread is off topic and not about the game. If you'd like to discuss Ebony Maw please do so in threads such as the spotlight. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.