**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 23.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 23.1 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• ArdiArdi Posts: 18
    Mr sinister sp3 bug is still happening. Just fought KP in AQ with iceman and he just ran to KP after sp3 and died. Please please fix these bugs
  • ConanjousterConanjouster Posts: 1
    Unable to open uncollected arena crystals. Getting an error has occurred whether you spin open or open at once. Doesnot seem to affect the other crystals
  • RedTide75RedTide75 Posts: 29
    Almost 3 months of bugs, since patch 22. Kabam says we are working on it. Really means we will gladly take your money and not fix anything. No compensation, people quoting. Uncollected thanos a ridiculous fight. Basically in a nutshell - as long as people are spending on cavalier crystals, kabam will continue to ignore their player base.
  • ChreaChrea Posts: 3
    In game name: chrea
    Device: pocophone f1
    Device os: MIUI 10.2.3.0
    Cellular/wifi: both
    Game mode: all mode, but mostly in AQ
    Issue: suddenly lost control of champion in the mid of combo. It seem lost control for about 2-3 second and the champion just standing still or approach enemy just to get hit (And thats enough to K.O the champion).
    Please fix it asap.
    Fyi: i also playing another game and there's no issue like this (so it's not about phone issue)
  • RufflesFTWRufflesFTW Posts: 2
    In-game name: RufflesMalakian
    Device: Huawei Y7 2018
    Device OS: MIUI 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 23.1
    Game Mode: All of them
    Description of the issue: The game doesn't respond mid-fight and I just take combos to the face which results on losing the fight and having to use items.
    The game used to run smoothly on the previous version but now is just broken.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    daveyj196
    Galaxy tab s2
    Wi-Fi
    Aq , arena (so far)
    Loss of control of champ during fight(champ wants to run into combo oblivion), unresponsive to commands (dropped input) and an inability to dex/dash back.
  • BigDog34BigDog34 Posts: 62
    I can't buy units. Says I need to connect to a Gmail account but my account is purely through kabam login.
  • paps666paps666 Posts: 12
    Name: paps666
    Device: Honor 6x
    I can´t buy units. Ihave to log in to google.
  • Ji7Ji7 Posts: 2
    Too much lag and loading issues that disconnected in both AQ and AW. Also unexpected disclosure when it begins the fight each other. Why it is only apply to my champion to take half out HP from my champion. Even it is not my fault. Check my account, what is the problem. Thanks.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    IGN: Troy Eric
    DeviCe model: Redmi Note5, (4gb Ram variant)
    both wifi and data
    Game version : 23.1
    Game mode: every fight , everywhere
    Description:
    Non responsive controls. nothing works except the menus and payments , payments work 100% perfectly. Game is unplayable. No issues outside the game. This is embarassing, it has been going on for like 7 months, may be even 9 if you want the truth.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    In-Game Name: K A O
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Mi5
    Device Operating System: Android Pie
    Game Mode: All of them

Description of the Issue: After updating to the latest version, the game started crashing randomly. It gets stuck for second, trying to load some content, then it CRASHES WITH NO MESSAGE!

Please look into this! I also submitted a Ticket (*)
  • Gaffer_1Gaffer_1 Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    This Lag is causing a lot of Burn outs and frustrations.
    Losing to easy champs in War is really demoralizing considering your champion just freezes and with the buffed nodes in War, sometimes a simple 5 hit combo kills you, don’t know why the AI always Crits with all hits. You can’t dash back and evade specials, portions are expensive. It’s just too much.
    Gold is rare so you’re forced to grind and time isn’t just available to balance everything. I’m reaching a point of no return.
  • Gaffer_1Gaffer_1 Posts: 6
    Also the issue where the game doesn’t load fights in War and you lose half your HP is Completely Uncalled for, it’s not the player’s fault. I don’t think this device thing is the issue kabam, I ran multiple games on my I phone 6 and none has ever had lag!! Nowadays I only log in to play AW as the other areas of the game have just become stale and straineous. I can’t play a video game for 9 straight hours just to get gold 🤷🏽‍♂️,
    There’s other stuff to do. If AW also becomes stale and boring. Will just call it a day as the rest of my officers have done for the past month. We can’t even recruit as guys are burnt out.
    This is simple really, Instead of bombarding everyone with numerous content, just fix the lag first, make the game enjoyable again & all the rest will fall in place.
  • I wish i could spend money but it wont let me. I don't have a google account
  • Kpkp9879Kpkp9879 Posts: 13
    I have Moto g5s plus with Oreo os.every 20 to 25 minute crash my game...pls solve the problem.....
  • SlickStar010SlickStar010 Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: SlickStar010
    Device and Model: Moto Z Play
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Rogers cellular network in Canada
    Game Version Installed: 23.1.1
    Game Mode: Happens in every game mode. Will either freeze on the screen when loading in for AQ/aw fights, which will cost me half health and an attack bonus as it will crash after. For arena, it will freeze when going to select the opponent screen or inbetween matches and cause a crash causing it to auto select match up or give me a network error and cause a loss. Story mode crashes when entering the fight as well.
  • MfurthMfurth Posts: 18
    Can log in on public WiFi finally on my phone ( Android 9 pie) still cannot on my tablet Galaxy tab E ( Android 7.1.1). Your getting their guys!! Keep going!!
  • In-Game Name: Ball_Crusher
    Device and Model: Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: In AW, went to battle against Hela with my 4* Lady Thor. It was first battle, I chose Lady Thor and hit "Fight!" then program crashed and app closed immediately. When I returned to AW my Lady Thor was at half power penalty. Boo. Tried again and KO'd Hela hella lol
  • In-Game Name: KrTz_pH
    Device and Model: Galaxy J7 Pro
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Game Version Installed: 23.1.1
    Game Mode: 
    Description of the Issue: I can never log in to my account because it always stays on the charging screen for minutes until the reconnect button appears and reloads infinitely. I want to play, please. fix it.
  • Biggpoppa187Biggpoppa187 Posts: 7
    Bigpoppah187
    Lg G6
    Wifi
    Gm. Trying to play. Mostly arenas and lower end gameplay. Experiencing a difficult game. Seems that as enemies get stronger their hit range is timed to hit directly in-between dexterity. The new rift master mode is trash. I used 9 revives and over 55 hp just to pass it and the rewards were not worth the loss of over a month of collecting enough to take on another level in act 4. I have been playing this game for years and i have bareely made a dent in content because of this dexterity bug or unblockable specials, or bock just lets go randomly or im attacking a champ and before i reach 4 on the combo im hit with a special. Or my favorite parry vs parry on champs with no stun immunity. Being instant paried after the initial parry is bull. The game is less fun and more activating then ever. Please remove the new combat ai and or after 2 revives lower the difficulty. Btw thanks for making that invisible women glitch shes awesome. She can dummy Corvus with gliave immunity 2 charges in 8 hits. She can completely negate dexterity and that ghost mode is awesome. Slow her down some. Shes to quick. I do one swipe and she dexs away and i try to do the same and boom im dead
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    In all modes of the game nothing works right, it constantly lags. This update has destroyed the game. I cant even do a fight in AQ, I have to use my kids phone to do my AQ or any other harder fights. It doesn't matter if I use data or wifi, it does the same thing.
  • hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    In-Game Name: hmdemera
    Device and Model: Galaxy S8+; SM_G955U
    Device Operating System: 9
    Game Version Installed: 23.1.1
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: Like most others. Game lags/ freezes during battles. When it unfreezes, champ is left open to getting pounced on. Also icons are not showing up such as opponents faces, potions, etc. Please fix. Using resources to heal back up after lag and freezes. It isn't right, and should be getting compensated when all is said and done.
  • jilanibuxjilanibux Posts: 64
    Having trouble zooming in and out of maps using 2 fingers. Just awkward BS from another update.

Galaxy S10+
    Android 9
    Running latest version of MCOC
  • TylerTyler Posts: 37
    This lag isn't just happening after 23.1 update lol this has been happening almost a year or better don't try to pull the wool over or deny this. This is pure garbage a unplayable game for android users. Absolutely appalling game now lag is so bad that u can't move or block half the time and abilities with heroes are not working properly either only with iPhones. I got the very best Samsung Galaxy 10+ and i have the same problems
  • ViolentEdViolentEd Posts: 11
    ViolentEd
    Samsung/ sgh-1527
    Kernel 4.4.2
    Both
    23.1.1 and previous
    All. Game modes will be listed with issue
    Aq/aw issues of loading fight being sent back to map screen or game home screen only to lose fight which results in half health being taken. (for war loss of extra points for first time fighting opponent)
    Having problems of using a special then champ does not register next few inputs resulting in being punished by combo into oblivion or easily evaded/blocked special.

All game modes
    There is a huge issue with dropped inputs. Cant dex champ stands there and does block on first hit then gets pummeled or doesn't even register the block. Also affects using specials when it could end the fight, hit special button special doesn't fire get combo'd.
    Serious issue with strange lag. There are a couple issues with this, when trying to parry or dex the screen freezes/lags for moment not reading input when unfreezes opponent is in your face like nothing happened ready to punish you.
    Another issue with lag is fights that matter (boss fights in aq/war/regular quest, random fights in aq/war/regular quest) the entire fight will lag throughout for you but not affect a.I.. the fights before wont lag, and next fight whether you were able to counter the lag and win or not, heal up or don't will not lag.
    Theses issues with lag are strange because they happen at critical times that seems like the game is trying to get you to use items when you should not have too.

Another big issue is the way the a.I. is able to fight and the way I am able to fight. This is in all games modes in any fight. The a.I. able to effortlessly combo/into heavy attack or combo/special as if it was part of the combo. When I try to combo/heavy the wait time to read the heavy results in me getting hit sometimes with a return heavy. When trying to combo/special at times the special "lags" between last hit of combo and special resulting in blocked or dex on the special with a return of a combo into oblivion. Strange it seems to happen when special could have ended the fight but you get ko'd.

Another thing I would like to address is the a.I. ability to use which ever special they want (using sp1 when 2 bars full) , why do we not have this ability? I like the idea of it, would be nice to see in use by summoners.
  • тракторист228-2
    Xiaomi redmi note 4
    Android 6.0

Cellular and Wi-Fi
    Game version 23.1
    All game mods
    After using Emma Frost sp3, the diamond shape animation remains. Even if Emma is in the form of a telepath, she looks like she is in diamond form. And this happens until the end of the battle.
  • DrGameDrGame Posts: 9
    In-Game Name :DrGame
    Device and Model: Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Verizon
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Alliance Quest is all tried so far.
    Description of the Issue: Consistent lag during fights, loading, and map navigation.
  • RotharosRotharos Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Rotharos
    Device and Model: Motorola Moto X4
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Version
    Game Mode:
    Event Quests, Atlantean Rift: Unstable Master difficulty. I finished the level when the game stopped working due to emergency maintenance so I did not get 5000 epic corals and my reward: 1800 tier 4 catalyst fragments. Can I at least get these 5000 epic corals?
This discussion has been closed.