**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community Discussion: Let's Talk about Warlock

With a wacky design and a strange walk, Warlock certainly made an odd landing into the Contest. But before that, he made a stranger one onto Earth. Originating from Kvch, Warlock is a Technarch with a father to rule it all, which seems cool from an outside perspective until you look closer. See the children of these ‘techno-organic’ lives would have to slay their parents to prove their worth and seeing as Warlock’s father was the head honcho...well, he was very strong and it was a big deal come the day it was meant to happen. However, Warlock didn’t want to do it. This caused him to be different and he noticed that only to have it mark him as a Mutant to his race. This struck fear within him so he fled the planet.

Warlock crashed through Magento’s base and landed near Xavier’s mansion only to sense the artificial intelligence that laid within it. However, rather than making friends with these other mutants--the tall techno-organic immediately clashed with these New Mutants. Unfortunately for Warlock he was near death after all of this and it took another young New Mutant (Cypher) to communicate with him to determine that he wasn’t a threat. It was after this that Warlock became part of the team, proving to be a useful ally to the New Mutants and remained by their side throughout his time on Earth.

However, his father Magus was never far behind him.

I’m going to be honest, y’all. I really had no idea who Warlock was prior to us introducing him into our game but I went back and did some digging to find out. His design is actually pretty cool and his story is very intriguing. I wanna hear y’all’s thoughts on him!

Did you guys know about Warlock prior to the game adding him? What are your thoughts on him being part of New Mutants? What about New Mutants as a whole? Their concept as a team is so jarring and cool, isn’t it?

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I knew about, knew his history, his abilities, etc ... long before you guys announced him ..

Sunspot was new to me .. :) (although from his name, it's not hard to guess the nature of HIS abilities) LOL
  • DrZola said:

Actually have my original copies of Warlock’s introduction to the Marvel Universe. And I have to say I’m totally satisfied with the way the game team rendered him in MCOC.

New Mutants was a title I collected from the outset. It was refreshing to see “kids” struggling with their powers as well as typical issues related to growing up. The team was diverse, the writing was crisp and as an X-Men fan, it was a perfect complement to my usual monthly mutant fare.

Dr. Zola

Whoa! :O That's totally awesome that you do! I can only imagine what it was like to read that live as you and @ESF did. I'm glad to hear that the both of you have been enjoying seeing the representation brought forth by our teams of him. Can't wait to hear more feedback from y'all as he digs himself deeper into the Contest and possibly into your rosters. :)
  • dot_ditto said:

I knew about, knew his history, his abilities, etc ... long before you guys announced him ..

Sunspot was new to me .. :) (although from his name, it's not hard to guess the nature of HIS abilities) LOL

Sunspot is also new to me! I had to choose between one or the other for a discussion and I decided to go with our techno-organic mutant, but don't let that stop you from looking into Sunspot! He too is interesting!
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    His animations are top notch for sure, the team did an amazing job!
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I personally enjoy his design. Took me back to the 90s X-Men Animated Series days! :)
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I was vaguely aware of Warlock from stuff in the X-Men comics in the 1990s before they ran the Phalanx Covenant event which had the mash-up of Warlock and Doug Ramsey as Douglock. That was when I ended up stopping reading X-Men from the US as my newsagent swapped my order to the Panini X-Men reprint title that ran issues of X-Men vol 2 and X-Men Adventures and I also dropped X-Force in favour of something else. (limited budget)

I loved Sunspot in X-Force and much later in Avengers World and US Avengers. Kinda disappointed you went with his suited'n'booted look from US Avengers rather than one of his superhero costumes.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    ESF said:

I am an Old Schooler; I read that New Mutants run "live."

Same here. I was pleasantly surprised to see him added to the game. The extended Marvel Universe is a strange and wonderous place: we need the powerful, the infamous, and the awesome, but we should try to save a place for the weird and ridiculous. Deadpool can't be the only one.

Hey, speaking of Deadpool, how about Deadlock? Warpool? Mr. Deadlock Warpool?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★
    I knew about Warlock, but I always hated the Sienkiewicz look he was introduced with. He looked like Circuitry Pigpen™ - Now with more robo gnats and asymmetric weirdness!
    The Kabam version is far superior.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I had no idea he even existed till he was introduced to the content. I’m hoping I get him in tho crystals tho.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Will cipher come in the game? You also mentioned magus is his father. Is this magus Adam warlock amp their side to him, like sentry/void?
  • Will cipher come in the game? You also mentioned magus is his father. Is this magus Adam warlock amp their side to him, like sentry/void?

My mention of them was only to discuss the backstory of Warlock, not to hint or suggest their arrival within game.
  • I had no idea he even existed till he was introduced to the content. I’m hoping I get him in tho crystals tho.

I'm hoping to get him too at some point!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

Same here. I was pleasantly surprised to see him added to the game. The extended Marvel Universe is a strange and wonderous place: we need the powerful, the infamous, and the awesome, but we should try to save a place for the weird and ridiculous. Deadpool can't be the only one.

I don't disagree with you often, DNA; but no.

No!

Noooooooooo!

😉
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Warpath, though.

Him, I could get behind...
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

Totally agree. I never, ever thought I would see Sentry or Sunspot or Night Thrasher in a game, and I think it really helps when people see the depth of characters in comics.

I am glad that Kabam realizes that ultimately, this is a game. The mashups and Howard the Duck, Warlock...it's still supposed to be fun. There is absolutely room for quirky characters, IMO
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I had no idea who was before, but all it took was one look at him and I absolutely fell in love. I read a lot about his backstory and he’s totally one of my favourite Marvel characters now.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I had no idea he even existed till he was introduced to the content. I’m hoping I get him in tho crystals tho.

I'm hoping to get him too at some point!
    Well I’m hoping for a 5* so I can get through 6.1 since I can’t use my 4* Iceman
  • TurdslapperTurdslapper Posts: 6
    Warlock's initial backward-leaning run into every battle still cracks me up every time I see it. Somehow manages to be simultaneously hilarious and terrifying. Vaguely reminiscent of the Nickelodeon cartoon Ed, Edd & Eddie (whichever one of the three eddies than ran that way). Good times.

I also wholeheartedly agree with all preceding comments complimenting this form of character introduction. Great work, Darth Vydious.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Actually have my original copies of Warlock’s introduction to the Marvel Universe. And I have to say I’m totally satisfied with the way the game team rendered him in MCOC.

New Mutants was a title I collected from the outset. It was refreshing to see “kids” struggling with their powers as well as typical issues related to growing up. The team was diverse, the writing was crisp and as an X-Men fan, it was a perfect complement to my usual monthly mutant fare.

Dr. Zola

Not to go all nostalgic on people because plenty of good characters have been introduced since then, but that was such a different time.

I always laugh because Marvel could literally call the book "New Mutants" because there were such a relative few, still, back then.

It's a fun reminder to the era where the X-Men were clearly the biggest property in comics.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    ESF said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Not to go all nostalgic on people because plenty of good characters have been introduced since then, but that was such a different time.

I always laugh because Marvel could literally call the book "New Mutants" because there were such a relative few, still, back then.

It's a fun reminder to the era where the X-Men were clearly the biggest property in comics.
    My recollection is that New Mutants launched just before Alpha Flight, and both were basically X-Men spin offs trying to capitalize on the popularity of the X-Men. I think I still have the original New Mutants graphic novel somewhere.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★

With a wacky design and a strange walk, Warlock certainly made an odd landing into the Contest. But before that, he made a stranger one onto Earth. Originating from Kvch, Warlock is a Technarch with a father to rule it all, which seems cool from an outside perspective until you look closer. See the children of these ‘techno-organic’ lives would have to slay their parents to prove their worth and seeing as Warlock’s father was the head honcho...well, he was very strong and it was a big deal come the day it was meant to happen. However, Warlock didn’t want to do it. This caused him to be different and he noticed that only to have it mark him as a Mutant to his race. This struck fear within him so he fled the planet.

Warlock crashed through Magento’s base and landed near Xavier’s mansion only to sense the artificial intelligence that laid within it. However, rather than making friends with these other mutants--the tall techno-organic immediately clashed with these New Mutants. Unfortunately for Warlock he was near death after all of this and it took another young New Mutant (Cypher) to communicate with him to determine that he wasn’t a threat. It was after this that Warlock became part of the team, proving to be a useful ally to the New Mutants and remained by their side throughout his time on Earth.

However, his father Magus was never far behind him.

I’m going to be honest, y’all. I really had no idea who Warlock was prior to us introducing him into our game but I went back and did some digging to find out. His design is actually pretty cool and his story is very intriguing. I wanna hear y’all’s thoughts on him!

Did you guys know about Warlock prior to the game adding him? What are your thoughts on him being part of New Mutants? What about New Mutants as a whole? Their concept as a team is so jarring and cool, isn’t it?

I recall a comic in which Warlock came into a fight transformed into the shape of the Starship Enterprise and shouting a slogan from Mighty Mouse or somesuch. It was after he joined the New Mutants.

Question: When will Warlock be available in crystals?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I didn't know these two champions, but I am really glad I got to know them. Warlock looks really good both in-game and in the comics. I always wondered what Cable's "Techno-organic virus" is, so I am glad I know its origin now.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    The major problem I have with him has nothing to do with Kabam but Marvel.

There already was a famous Warlock.

Why do that? Why? There are a billion other names.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Aryl said:

The major problem I have with him has nothing to do with Kabam but Marvel.

There already was a famous Warlock.

Why do that? Why? There are a billion other names.

Beacuse his name was originally Him and then Adam lol.