**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community Discussion: Let's Talk about Warlock

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Aryl said:

The major problem I have with him has nothing to do with Kabam but Marvel.

There already was a famous Warlock.

Why do that? Why? There are a billion other names.

For one thing, when the New Mutants Warlock was introduced I think Adam Warlock was dead, or lost in the soul gem, or something like that. For another thing, when the New Mutants Warlock was introduced, Adam Warlock wasn't really all that famous: more people probably knew the techno-Warlock on the day New Mutants launched than could remember who Adam Warlock was, such was the popularity of the X-titles back in the day, and also such was the relative obscurity of most other things for all but the most hard core comic book readers.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★

Will cipher come in the game? You also mentioned magus is his father. Is this magus Adam warlock amp their side to him, like sentry/void?

Different Magus.
  • ThiccDaddyGeesyThiccDaddyGeesy Posts: 36
    edited August 2019
    @Kabam_Vydious nice little intro, also, i still cant believe that nova isnt in the game yet! A character such as he must be added at some point
  • Alphalink_28Alphalink_28 Posts: 12
    I personally knew a lot about him, new mutants and marvel comics as a general topic who here loves marvel movies and the contest, click agree, the only character that I didn't know existed was probably Aegon because I've read pretty 62% of all Marvel and DC as a whole and still haven't found any information if anyone here know please quote and send me some places to look for more knoledege
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

I personally knew a lot about him, new mutants and marvel comics as a general topic who here loves marvel movies and the contest, click agree, the only character that I didn't know existed was probably Aegon because I've read pretty 62% of all Marvel and DC as a whole and still haven't found any information if anyone here know please quote and send me some places to look for more knoledege

He was a kabam created original character like morningstar and guillotine. Marvel gave them approval to create him and will use him in comics some day, however he has not yet appeared in any comics
  • Alphalink_28Alphalink_28 Posts: 12
    Aryl said:

The major problem I have with him has nothing to do with Kabam but Marvel.

There already was a famous Warlock.

Why do that? Why? There are a billion other names.

I totally agree with your statement and I too wonder whether the real Adam Warlock will be added, I have been playing Marvel Future Fight recently and truly admire the diversity of characters so do some experimenting at kabam and create something amazing read comments to a month general election for players to have some input please Kabam, anyway I hope everyone is well and active and I will catch you all later PS:(Guys if you have any feedback do quote and agree or disagree with my statement
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    I'm relatively old school and been reading x-men comics during the period New Mutants were active in the 80s and 90s ( started reading not too long after the GN), so already knew about Warlock. Here's been don't very well in game and the animations are superb.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

DrZola said:

Actually have my original copies of Warlock’s introduction to the Marvel Universe. And I have to say I’m totally satisfied with the way the game team rendered him in MCOC.

New Mutants was a title I collected from the outset. It was refreshing to see “kids” struggling with their powers as well as typical issues related to growing up. The team was diverse, the writing was crisp and as an X-Men fan, it was a perfect complement to my usual monthly mutant fare.

Dr. Zola

Whoa! :O That's totally awesome that you do! I can only imagine what it was like to read that live as you and @ESF did. I'm glad to hear that the both of you have been enjoying seeing the representation brought forth by our teams of him. Can't wait to hear more feedback from y'all as he digs himself deeper into the Contest and possibly into your rosters. :)
    It was a fun time to be a comics reader @Kabam Vydious !

Dr. Zola
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I've never read a Marvel comic, but I still love this sort of stuff. It's simple stuff like this that reminds us that Kabam isn't just a group of people who are milking the Marvel franchise for money (I mean of course they need to make money off of it; they're a business, but that's not the point), they're also massive fans of Marvel like us.

Can you please tell the art team how much we love Warlock's walk? (also is him losing his face when parry stunned intentional?)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

I've never read a Marvel comic, but I still love this sort of stuff. It's simple stuff like this that reminds us that Kabam isn't just a group of people who are milking the Marvel franchise for money (I mean of course they need to make money off of it; they're a business, but that's not the point), they're also massive fans of Marvel like us.

Can you please tell the art team how much we love Warlock's walk? (also is him losing his face when parry stunned intentional?)

100% this. Whoever put together his mannerisms did a wonderful job of capturing his personality (as it came across in the comics). The goofiness of it all is terrific.

Could you elaborate @Kabam Vydious on how much involvement the Marvel side had on Warlock? Was it driven by the game team or the folks at the comics side? Whatever it was, I am impressed.

Dr. Zola
  • Hey @Mathking13 sorry for the delay in a response here! I can definitely find out! I didn't even notice that myself, oh my gosh. I'll poke our designers and give them a round of applause from y'all.

And @DrZola it's a bit of both. We get approval from them, but a lot of the creative drive force comes from our team.