**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 24.2 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.2 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• CiqMCOCCiqMCOC Posts: 63
    Since I updated the app yesterday I have noticed my phone being substantially hotter than before. I am on an iPhone XS Max so no reason for it to be heating up otherwise. I haven’t had these issues before. I can feel the phone cooling down now in my hand as I closed MCOC to write this post. Please address this ASAP. If anyone else has had similar issues then leave it below.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    iphone7
    latest ios update
    latest game update

Phone is getting super hot. This can't be good, and I fear continuing to play will likely damage my phone permanently.
  • Ingame name: SomeRanD
    Device: IPhone 7
    Cellular and/or wifi: Both
    Current update: Latest update (24.2)
    Game mode occurred in: AQ, Quests and Arena
    Description of the issue: At the end of fights about 50% of the time my game just infinitely loads at the end and forces me to double tap swipe up meaning I lose half my health and my progress from the previous fight. This has occurred with every champion I have used today (ghost, venom the duck, Hawkeye, Blade, Quake and maybe a few more for arena)

Hopefully you guys can get this patched soon as the game is pretty unplayable for me right now and it affects me AND my alliance in AQ
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Ingame name: Nick Caine
    Device: IPhone 8+
    Game mode occurred in: AW, AQ, Event Quests, Daily Quests, Crystal Openings, all of it

The lag on this update has been unbearable. I know the game has gone down already a day or two ago but now i'm getting the same wifi logo with nothing happening. There's lag in the fights and loading after almost every fight and crystal opening. It's really frustrating guys.
  • RedTide75RedTide75 Posts: 29
    I have 2 iPhones.. iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 Plus. Both begin to overheat after about 30 minutes of playing game after new update. Also, a recommendation... game devs have darkened characters to make them harder to see from backgrounds... so I have to turn screen brightness all the way up to see half way decently... if kabam would brighten up characters only, I bet this would help reduce phone temperatures and would increase time they could play.

As it stands, I have to take my phone out of the case and cool it down because it gets way to hot and I don’t want to damage my phone. Please help!
  • Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    Ingame name: Ronny889
    Device: IPad Air2 / iPhone 6s (if it even matters)
    Game mode occurred in:
    This extreme lag in more or less any part of the game is so frustrating. Parry and evade is impossible it seams if you try to do it ninja style. Before even rise the guard up I get punched in the face and there is no way getting away.
    Specials seams to be blocked sometimes, especially when countering an attack. The more use of animation the worse this get. Fights are changing in speed during fights and AI are of course not affected.

Gameplay gets worse after the new monthly contents and new champs added have huge animations and lags more than ever.

Probably a much higher number of players than you get feedback from having these problems but have given up complaining about it and you are proving us all right when this continues month after month
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Don't play on your iphone while it's charging. 👍
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Same here. Iphone 7. Never had it get this hot before. Battery drains super fast, and have lost 4% of maximum battery capacity since the update. May have to take a break from this game until if/when they can/will fix this.
  • Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    iPad Air 2
    Most recent update, IOS etc...

So here we are again Kabam. Another update and another round of your game working like ****! Lag is horrible, connection issues are costing me and many others, lives and health that we can not get back and doubt we will be compensated for. Parry, evade and block don’t work but 30% of the time now. This is not just in AQ but everywhere in the game. Either you have the game rigged to ensure that the AI gets in several good hits to try and force us to spend money, waste items, etc.. or your calibration between the controls and the animation is way off. It really makes me want to quit playing the game and spend my free money on something that will actually work and not rip me off by cheating. Just fix the game!! This issue is nothing new so you should not be surprised when the community comes on here and complains and demands a better quality product, especially since a lot of us waste so much money on it.
    We all understand that some issues are unforseen by you but all we expect is for you to fix it and then if needed, compensate us fairly for losing items, etc.. when we are hit with bugs. I don’t think that is asking too much.
  • KCMickKCMick Posts: 7
    Just had screen replaced!on XR with latest update.... still terrible. Making AQ near impossible. Can we get a hot fix please???
  • L10RocsL10Rocs Posts: 27
    iPhone 6s Plus
    iOS 12.4.1
    Both cellular & WiFi

The game has been lagging for awhile now and it seems like it’s getting worse. Here is a video I recorded of a fight in Alliance Quest yesterday. Bad lag starts around 40 seconds.

https://youtu.be/53dAO05_Fzc
  • In-Game Name: swallace8182
    Device and Model: iPhone 10 XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Cellular is T-Mobile)
    Game Version Installed: 24.2
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Lagging, starts to look like you are playing in slow motion. This issue is more prevalent when opponents and/attackers have multiple blocks. Opponents are launching specials in the middle of 5 hit combos. Opponents without evade skills are evading out of the middle of 5 hit combos. Unresponsive screen swipes, especially with evade and dex.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    In-Game Name: ljballer22
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Every mode and all the time.
    Description of the Issue: The home bar at the bottom of the screen is always active now. The slightest touch near the bottom of the screen will minimize the game or switch to a different app that is running in the background. This has become quite the nuisance to try and play around. If I place my thumbs too high up, then I can't see the AI. If I place my thumbs too low, then I hit the home bar.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    in-Game Name: Midknight007
    Device: iPhone XS Max
    DOS: iOS 12.4.1
    Game Mode: Arena, AQ, AW, EQ
    Description of issue: Game minimized when playing and often going to another app. It seems to be on the right screen input (as it happens when I attack and after a successful parry). It as if the combination of switching from a parry to attack registers as a swipe and minimizes the screen.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    So I wanted to post a comment in the other post about the game crashing due to 3rd party applications, so that I could let you guys know, I DO NOT use any 3rd party apps that would break the terms of service agreement, only other thing I use is line app for communication with alliance and we only use that because the in game chat is just horrendous for anything more than hello. But I've got an iPad, not the newest but def not the oldest either and since the most recent update the game/app with just close, mid fight, mid crystal opening, generally in the middle of any and everything, this has happened before but it usually only happens when an ios update is available but not anymore, I'm on the most current version of ios and the app is closing on its own 5 or 6 times a day and YES it also happens at the start of fights in alliance quest & alliance wars and we all know what that means, no punches thrown, no block damage but yet I still lose half my health, which is the way kabam has set it up which I would be ok with it the app was reliable enough to know that ito not gonna crash and cost me 1/2 my health. So please guys at kabam, please start testing more, get better programmers, hell I don't know anything about programming apps/computers, I get its complicated and this game is very complicated but IT IS KINDA UR JOB. If u the company needs more money to hire more/better people here's an easy quick way to cover those costs, SELL RANK DOWN TICKETS!!!! u could even limit them to 1 or 2 a year, although that would defeat the purpose, make them class based, but either way you'd make more than enough. Please remember that, I know alot of summoners can be difficult to say the least, but don't forget those summoners are your customers and it gets very difficult to stick with this game when every update comes with so many more bugs/glitches, by the time u guys clear up the ones from previous update, it's time for another update & another round of them.
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    IGN corby11
    Apple I pad
    Ver 12.1.1
    Latest update of game

App constantly closes for no reason usually at start of fight occasionally in the middle. Its happening 2 and 3 times or more every hour. In 3v3 not too bad as fight is recovered but so far this AQ it’s closed during 2nd miniboss fight Maw map 6 and during vision fight on poison line section 3. First time fight had just started second time fight was 40 seconds or so in, both times I have lost half health health. Second fight vision he gained all health I had taken off him back.
    Also closes whilst doing event quest, different champs been used in fights each time
  • Corby11Corby11 Posts: 163
    Updated iPad software to 12.4.1 seems to work fine now
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    IGN: Mathking13
    Device: 4th Generation iPad (can't update past iOS10)
    Device OS: iOS 10.3.4
    Internet Source: WiFi
    Game Version: 24.2, with the small update that came out on September 12/13
    Game Mode: mainly single-player Quest content, but some occasional lag noticed in all other areas of the game.
    Issue (s):
    - Vision Aarkus is extremely laggy. As soon as I gain control of my champion, the game just starts lagging like crazy, resulting in missed inputs and overall inability to fight normally.
    - Occasional lag throughout the game. In fights (against and with various Champions), in menus, basically everywhere.
    - Wasp's heavy attack chain from combo is no longer causing a passive Stun consistently. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. (please could you reply to the thread on this issue; it's driving people crazy!)

Also I just want to say this again. Could we please have a Low Performance mode? I have a feeling that it could really help with some of these issues that are going on here. Just make less flashy versions of some animations that are complained about for being too intensive and remove some of the other purely cosmetic animations.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    edited September 2019
    Corby11 said:

Updated iPad software to 12.4.1 seems to work fine now

Errr don’t think it has

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 12.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 24.2.1
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: After playing for about 15 minutes game frame rate drops and starts to stutter at random moments, specially in jungle, ultron and avengers rooftop stages. Besides that game stutters when playing with or against She-Hulk, Void, Sabertooth in all stages.

When fighting against Deadpool, Deadpool x force, Venompool just as AI uses Sp2 game freezes for about 1second.
  • In game name: Billyclub409
    Device: iPhone XS Max
    IOS: 12.4.1
    Cellular or WI-FI: Both
    Game Version: 24.2.1
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Alliance Quest
    Description: occasionally when hitting or holding block, it will convert to a medium attack, dash attack. Only one finger touching on the left side of the screen. Action is very deliberate and can be reactivated consistently. Causes many unblocked hits to connect. Can be done both close in or immediately after dexterity backwards.
  • Sjr38Sjr38 Posts: 16
    Infinite loading and major lag back after 24.2.1 update installed. Do you guys happen to test these updates before implementing or do you just fix one issue and push it regardless the fact that you more often then not cause other issues?!
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    In Game ID > RO53TT1
    Device > Ipad mini 2
    Game Version > 24.2.1
    Operating System > IOS 12.4.1
    WIFI Only from comcast/xfinity
    Game Mode > All
    No Specific Champions
    No Active Boost
    Description or issue > in any mode or action, like ranking champs, opening crystals, ranking up champs, starting a fight in arena or quest, etc, in all modes and actions, including AQ/AW the game/App will just shut down on close, which costs me half my health in AQ AW, And it doesn't matter what I'm doing or the game mode, it's seems very random and happens 4 or 5 times a day, Please address this soon.
  • In-Game Name: Obojac
    Device and Model: iPhone8
    Device Operating System: 12.4
    Game Version Installed: 24.2.1
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: When playing the game it randomly crashes, in Arena or EQ it’s usually ok but in AQ and AW when I am about to enter a fight and it crashes, it counts as I fought reducing my champ health to half. And in the current state of the game I am in no place of throwing away resources for reasons completely out of my control. It has happened since last week. Please fix it soon!
  • Pudge008Pudge008 Posts: 39
    Ever since I got access to beta I’m now having FPS lag in the main game. Its causing me to mistime parries and misjudge interceptions. Currently using iPhone 8+ Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

IGN: Mathking13
    Device: 4th Generation iPad (can't update past iOS10)
    Device OS: iOS 10.3.4
    Internet Source: WiFi
    Game Version: 24.2, with the small update that came out on September 12/13
    Game Mode: mainly single-player Quest content, but some occasional lag noticed in all other areas of the game.
    Issue (s):
    - Vision Aarkus is extremely laggy. As soon as I gain control of my champion, the game just starts lagging like crazy, resulting in missed inputs and overall inability to fight normally.
    - Occasional lag throughout the game. In fights (against and with various Champions), in menus, basically everywhere.
    - Wasp's heavy attack chain from combo is no longer causing a passive Stun consistently. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. (please could you reply to the thread on this issue; it's driving people crazy!)

Also I just want to say this again. Could we please have a Low Performance mode? I have a feeling that it could really help with some of these issues that are going on here. Just make less flashy versions of some animations that are complained about for being too intensive and remove some of the other purely cosmetic animations.

Update: I believe that it's the smoke that comes from Aarkus that is causing the lag. just saying.
This discussion has been closed.