**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there a way to block some people on this forum?

TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
There are quite a few trolls on this forum and would really like to easily ignore them

Comments

• Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    You need to go to their profile. There's a drop down menu next to their profile image that looks like a generic person silhouette. Click on that, and then choose 'Ignore'. You can Ignore up to 5 people (but I really think that limit should at least be removed).
  • Options
    XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    On the other hand you can make "lemonade out of lemons" such as the posters you view as trolls you can use them as examples for how you "do not" want to conduct yourself or communicate on the forum … or as stated above you can just block them ;)
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

You need to go to their profile. There's a drop down menu next to their profile image that looks like a generic person silhouette. Click on that, and then choose 'Ignore'. You can Ignore up to 5 people (but I really think that limit should at least be removed).

I can’t find that on mobile, is that for pc only or something?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15
    Click this to enter the pc version of the website here you can change your profile pic and stuff and ignore people too
    To go back to mobile you just scroll down

Thanks
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Ignore is a great feature. It’s too bad we still have to see blocked users posts when someone quotes them and Replies.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

I have two already. And I think most of us have those 2 in common lol. They are like **** of this forum, really love derailing to a quarrel.

I find that people who claim others are derailing are typically the actual one making personal attacks and derailing the thread themselves, then claim the other is derailing as as way to cover for their own actions.. You can use this post to ignore me if you wish ;).
  • Options

I didn't even know blocking people was a thing let alone seen as a necessity.

Some people do not enjoy to be in a discussion and think echo chambers are the best way to go. They typically learn the hard way that it is the wrong path to go.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

I love that no name is dropped yet that person knows that he / she will be on that list ... :D:D

I am not blind to the personal attacks in other threads friend, it is only logical that when people post the vitriol there and then come here with similar there is a connection ;) it does not take a rocket scientist, people with common sense should be able to correctly reason it.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Why the heck does the ignore list only fit five people?
    There are nine I’d like to ignore just from the Cull nerf thread.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    At some point ignoring too many people means you’re responding on threads without having all the information which makes your response much less helpful, insightful, and pertinent. Just like people who read the OP and skip all the responses and launch into their own.

🐻
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Bear3 said:

At some point ignoring too many people means you’re responding on threads without having all the information which makes your response much less helpful, insightful, and pertinent. Just like people who read the OP and skip all the responses and launch into their own.

🐻

I solve that by ignoring people who do not provide any information.
    The real problem is narrowing that down to the five worst offenders.
  • Options
    ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Snizzbar said:

Why the heck does the ignore list only fit five people?
    There are nine I’d like to ignore just from the Cull nerf thread.

Because 'He who must not be named' knows no more than 5 trolls are necessary to keep in payroll.
  • Options
    As mentioned, the ignore feature can be used to hide a user's posts.
This discussion has been closed.