**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mordo - Thor stun interraction

So i just fought Thor with my Mordo and he managed to parry me. Right after parry he went in on me and astral evasion did it's job and i immediately swiped to start my combo on him but he managed to sneak in L1 and stun me mid dash. That's not even the weirdest part, after his L1 and stun he continued to hit me no problem, avoiding astral evasion and just kicking my stunned ass with 2 full combos.

Did anyone else ever experienced something like this? I don't even know if this is just the case when fighting Thor or it happens vs other champions too.

Comments

• Ivan4150Ivan4150 Posts: 9
    Mordo's AI can definitely be tricky. From well-timed attacks to waiting for an L3...most fights will typically be just as a annoying, or it can run smoothly. The champion you use does not matter from what I've seen so far - just watch out for champions that may cause stuns instantaneously: Gwenpool, Scarlet Witch, Yellowjacket, Thor (Jane Foster)...etc.
  • Hey @ChopinAsLex

I'm sorry to see you've run into an issue with a recent fight. I definitely want to get this looked at a bit further, but can you provide a little more information?

- Was this in Arena, AW, AQ, Story, etc...
    - If out of Arena, was there a node in play? If so - what?
    - What tier was your Mordo and was he awakened?
    - What tier was Thor and was he awakened?

I appreciate you dropping by to let us know about this. After gathering that information I'll be able to have it looked into.
  • ChopinAsLexChopinAsLex Posts: 96
    Hey @ChopinAsLex

I'm sorry to see you've run into an issue with a recent fight. I definitely want to get this looked at a bit further, but can you provide a little more information?

- Was this in Arena, AW, AQ, Story, etc...
    - If out of Arena, was there a node in play? If so - what?
    - What tier was your Mordo and was he awakened?
    - What tier was Thor and was he awakened?

I appreciate you dropping by to let us know about this. After gathering that information I'll be able to have it looked into.

Hey thanks for noticing this.

This was arena fight (currently grinding for Hood as basic). My Mordo is 4* 5/50 signature level 40. Thor was 4* and had about 4700 PI so (with class disadvantage) i assume he was 5/50 too, he was awakened, armor break was applied on my Mordo while stunned.

I was full hp when he first parried me (out of possible Assassin mastery range) if that helps with anything. I didn't know opponent can recover that fast from Astral evade, i mean it never happened before, let alone manage to sneak special attack in + hitting me while i'm stunned for 2 whole combos? That's just too weird not to notice.
  • Hey again @ChopinAsLex

First off, thanks for that information. We were able to test this out on our end and found that Mordo's Astral Evade was activated correctly after being stunned by Thor. The difference with our test was the Thor we were against was not backed by another player's account. I mention this because there is the possibility that your opponent had the Mastery "Unfazed" unlocked.

This particular Mastery activates when an enemy Evades. The affected champion has a x% chance to stack x% Critical Damage as well as become Unstoppable for 1.0(s). However, this particular Unstoppable buff doesn't have a call out or an icon and this can make it a bit difficult to see that this is occurring. If your opponent had this Mastery unlocked it would have been the reason to why the Astral Evade appeared to not work as intended.

As I mentioned, this is the possibility of what happened. We wouldn't be able to know for sure unless we knew who you were up against. With that said, if you experience this again in a fight with Mordo please do not hesitate to send any information you can to our Support team. That'll be the information I requested along with what you originally provided and the name of your opponent. Screenshots will also be of help.

I'm sorry that this confusing instance happened within your fight, but we really appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
    Hey, thanks for replying again.

I did not think of Unfazed and it definitely could explain what happened here but only first part though. So my Mordo evaded first hit after parry and due to unstoppable part of Unfazed Thor was able to recover immediately and fire off special 1, but what about hitting me 10 times like he stunned any other regular champion after that?

I mean shouldn't the whole process with Unfazed just repeat? I wasn't able to evade first hit after special 1 like it happened after parry so his Unfazed couldn't even be triggered right? How come he just kept hitting me like nothing happened?

That's the part i don't really understand. That shouldn't be possible at all, Astral Evade has to happen no matter what and it just didn't proc after his L1.

By the way i definitely didn't remember the player's name but if i get a chance to fight Thor with Mordo again (regardless of Unfazed mastery) i'll definitely pay attention and try to record it or at least get screenshots.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Pacify
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Pacify

Mordo is immune to pacify mastery
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Pacify

Mordo is immune to pacify
  • how about a left field thought, limber and Ragnarok?
    Maybe ragnarok works in a similar fashion to whatever causes Drax to ignore astral evade.
    His passive is Enthrall, fury based, Stunning Thor grants him fury.
    Its a stretch i know, but hey ( :smiley:
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Vydious

https://streamable.com/iyyj2

Just happened again, check the video. At 00:37 after several parry-Astral Evade exchanges at one point Thor just continued with his combo and at 00:44 if i remember correctly he fired off his L1 through my shield and stunned me.

There is definitely something fishy going on between these two.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    @Kabam Vydious

Just happened again, check the video. At 00:37 after several parry-Astral Evade exchanges at one point Thor just continued with his combo and at 00:44 if i remember correctly he fired off his L1 through my shield and stunned me.

He could continue hitting u cuz of unfazed mastery...but not sure how he could hit u with l1 through ur block
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Vydious

He could continue hitting u cuz of unfazed mastery...but not sure how he could hit u with l1 through ur block

Yea i highly doubt 2 different Thors in Arena had Unfazed (which isn't that common to have). It also never ever happened with any other champ but Thor, a lot of ppl could have Unfazed too so why this never happened before with someone else?

L1 through the block just shows that something is broken with those 2 for sure.