**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NPC has super powers. [NOT A BUG]

Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
How in the hell does the npc slide forward a full dash when launching a heavy. It happens all the time and it's frustrating as hell. Im not talking about champs like hyperion... im talking syms, sw, any female that uses the multi kick heavy, this is getting ridiculous.
I may as well record every fight and delete after at this point....
Please look into this.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I'm not a Kabaam employee, but I was reading your post and it's a little confusing.

What is the problem you're having? Many of the champions you mentioned have heavy attacks which propel them forward to begin with. Also, most heavies reach out farther than where the character is standing.
  • SlyCat42 wrote: »
    I'm not a Kabaam employee, but I was reading your post and it's a little confusing.

What is the problem you're having? Many of the champions you mentioned have heavy attacks which propel them forward to begin with. Also, most heavies reach out farther than where the character is standing.

The problem is that they dash and instead of the medium hit it does, it's replaced with the heavy attack making it unblockable. I did this once with Ant Man and thought nothing of it. Now since I see it's a bug I understand what it was.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Ah ok gotcha. Essentially the AI is animation cancelling their dash attack into a heavy.

Interesting. I haven't seen this, but I hope they will look into it. If Kabaam replies they will ask for examples so they can try to replicate it.
  • Hey gang!

Stopping by to give some input on the two different topics brought up.

Firstly, @Dakine86 thanks for posting the video! It actually goes into both things that I'm about to cover. We'll start with your comment towards the little dash that happens with champions during their Heavy Attacks. I'm sorry there's been a frustration with these attacks, I can totally see where you're coming from on it. However, I do have to bring up that this "dash" you're speaking of isn't just with those you mentioned. That "dash" right after the heavy charge happens with all champions. There is a distance that can be covered with them so that attacks have a higher chance of being landed. This goes for both player controlled and AI controlled. It's a built into the game and not considered a bug.

Secondly, @MatthewCSanchez the issue you were speaking about is how it'll appear that the AI is about to use a Medium Attack, but then quickly changes to a Heavy Attack making it hard to block. At 00:14 seconds the AI is performing a combo that suddenly stops for a split second then becomes a Heavy. I totally see where this could be measured as a bug, however interrupting a combo is also possible as a player controlling the champion. One moment you can be in the middle of a combo and then move right into a Special or a Heavy.
This discussion has been closed.