**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When do we get information on the rebalancing” intentions of Champion’s released in June?

Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 680 ★★★
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Ok so far we know what the rebalancing intentions are for the champs released in April and May (at least in terms of buffs, nerfs or no change required) It’s been almost a month since the news about Cull / Ebony Maw hit. Yes Kabam started the thread on 11th September, 4 weeks this Tuesday.

Sooooooo according to https://auntm.ai/home/ Invisible Women and Namor were released 13th June. This should be enough time for the community to have tested the Champions for Kabam. It’s been over 3 months since there release but given the previous announcement timeline, we should find out soon Kabam’s view on what, if any rebalancing is needed for June’s champions of Invincible Women and Namor. So, when will we find out? Where does the community think these Champions fall on the Goldilocks scale? Are they a wet noodle and need a Buff, too OP and need a Nerf or are they just right.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    We haven't even got information on the first 2 rebalance champs in Human Torch and Annihilus.
    Wozzy101 said:

We haven't even got information on the first 2 rebalance champs in Human Torch and Annihilus.

But we do know Kabam’s intention is to buff them. As we know the intention for Cull is a nerf and Ronin is no change. I don’t think I asked for any specifics about what a nerf or buff would look like. Just what the intentions are so we can complete the the picture below and help make decisions on how we rank our champions.

April: Annihulus (Buff) / Human Torch (Buff)
    May: Cull Obsidian (Nerf) / Ebony Maw (Buff)
    June: Invisible Women (???) / Namor (???)
    Actuay what we have been told is they are making very minor balancing tweeks to announced champs. We the community have been assigning nerf/buff tags to these. They said they aren't messing with sig abilities. We dont know what they will actually end up doing.
  • BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81

I'll see what update we can get y'all tomorrow, but I make no promises on an exact date!

Any news about this?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Wozzy101 said:

But we do know Kabam’s intention is to buff them. As we know the intention for Cull is a nerf and Ronin is no change. I don’t think I asked for any specifics about what a nerf or buff would look like. Just what the intentions are so we can complete the the picture below and help make decisions on how we rank our champions.

Actuay what we have been told is they are making very minor balancing tweeks to announced champs. We the community have been assigning nerf/buff tags to these. They said they aren't messing with sig abilities. We dont know what they will actually end up doing.
    You do realize that your last line applies to what you think won't happen as well, right?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

I was also under the impression that these announcements would be made before the champion entered the basic crystal.
    I just duped my Namor from a basic so that’s a second deadline in a row that has been missed.
    It’s not hard to at least say ‘we’re happy with Namor, no changes’ or ‘we need to change namor, details will TBA’

Agreed. Why set that deadline and then immediately break it...twice?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

I was also under the impression that these announcements would be made before the champion entered the basic crystal.
    I just duped my Namor from a basic so that’s a second deadline in a row that has been missed.
    It’s not hard to at least say ‘we’re happy with Namor, no changes’ or ‘we need to change namor, details will TBA’

They said they would only say something if there was going to be changes, therefore they did not break it unless they decide there will be changes.

Wozzy101 said:

You do realize that your last line applies to what you think won't happen as well, right?
    Yes? Not sure what you would be implying.

Wozzy101 said:

Yes? Not sure what you would be implying.
    I'm saying it's silly for you to call out people for overreacting when you admit you have no idea what the change is going to be.
    It is not. If you dont know what the change is and overreact based on a lack of knowledge that is silly. Pointing that out is not silly even if you still lack the knowledge.
    Wozzy101 said:

Lormif said:

Mauled said:

They said they would only say something if there was going to be changes, therefore they did not break it unless they decide there will be changes.
    Kabam have stated all released champions may need rebalancing. I’m not going to argue in this thread about whether kabam should be testing more prior to champions release. But for the sake of peace let’s accept the premise they can’t do adequate assessments in beta to understand whether the champion is balanced to the level they intended. Then I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation of the community to receive positive confirmation 3 months after every champions release, advising whether the champion is underperforming, over performing or performing as intended and will be “tuned” accordingly.

We shouldn’t be playing the game under the assumption or “well it’s been 3 months and they’ve not said anything as of yet, so guess the champions working as intended”.
    I am not arguing if they should or should not advise the community as you stated. I am argueing the premise stated that they somehow missed deadlines they stated they would deliver was false, because they never made such a statement, they in fact stated the opposite.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    Here we go again.
    iRetr0 said:

Why would you even ask this? Namor is already in the basic pool, he should NOT be touched whatsoever.

because that is not how it works. If they need to balance the champs they will. This is part of the minor changes.
    Wozzy101 said:

Lormif said:

Wozzy101 said:

Lormif said:

Mauled said:

Kabam have stated all released champions may need rebalancing. I’m not going to argue in this thread about whether kabam should be testing more prior to champions release. But for the sake of peace let’s accept the premise they can’t do adequate assessments in beta to understand whether the champion is balanced to the level they intended. Then I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation of the community to receive positive confirmation 3 months after every champions release, advising whether the champion is underperforming, over performing or performing as intended and will be “tuned” accordingly.

We shouldn’t be playing the game under the assumption or “well it’s been 3 months and they’ve not said anything as of yet, so guess the champions working as intended”.
    I am not arguing if they should or should not advise the community as you stated. I am argueing the premise stated that they somehow missed deadlines they stated they would deliver was false, because they never made such a statement, they in fact stated the opposite.
    Well the quote below is from Kabam’s first thread on rebalancing. So I would argue that they did indeed miss there own stated timeline when advising about Cull and Maw. And if there are going to be changes to Invisible Women / Namor either tuning them up or down, at this point again will have missed the below timeline they’ve set.

But all I’m asking in this thread is to know what the intentions are with these champions. If we use the below as a guideline there definitely shouldn’t be any amendments to either champion as they are now in the basic pool, but I think positive confirmation from Kabam confirming that would be great. As we haven’t had that yet I’m inclined to think there maybe some changes/tweaks/rebalancing but it would good to know sooner rather than later.

“- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
    - If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions.
    - Approximately 3 months later any changes made will have been tested and then released to the Community.”

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153017/more-consistent-balance-changes-coming-your-way#latest
    And I did state that if they did decide to change the champs then they would be missing their deadline.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    This whole thing is generated out of Cull. They're not changing Cull because everyone likes him, or thinks he's good. They're adjusting him because he shows he's overreaching any other Champ in some aspect of Damage.
    They're not nerfing every popular Champ. From what I see, there's nothing overtly noticeable about Namor. He's good, he's popular, but not really indicating anything needs to be changed on the surface. I could be wrong, and the data could show something else, but I don't see it. They're not automatically adjusting every Champ we like. It all depends on what they see.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

This whole thing is generated out of Cull. They're not changing Cull because everyone likes him, or thinks he's good. They're adjusting him because he shows he's overreaching any other Champ in some aspect of Damage.
    They're not nerfing every popular Champ. From what I see, there's nothing overtly noticeable about Namor. He's good, he's popular, but not really indicating anything needs to be changed on the surface. I could be wrong, and the data could show something else, but I don't see it. They're not automatically adjusting every Champ we like. It all depends on what they see.

Namor can hit as hard as Cull can, maybe harder. I have seen some 150k+ SP2's on youtube. And ublike Cull, he can perform this good without having to ramp up and perform heavies constantly. Based on this I'd say he is comparably better than Cull Also his ability to ignore DoT and reflect it while he is attacking is quite OP, so I find it quite reasonable to expect some tune down change.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Namor can hit as hard as Cull can, maybe harder. I have seen some 150k+ SP2's on youtube. And ublike Cull, he can perform this good without having to ramp up and perform heavies constantly. Based on this I'd say he is comparably better than Cull Also his ability to ignore DoT and reflect it while he is attacking is quite OP, so I find it quite reasonable to expect some tune down change.
    I don't think Cull is being adjusted because he hits hard. Champs hit hard in the game. We don't have specifics on what they're looking at, but I don't think it's total Damage overall. I think it's how fast he ramps up. He goes from 0 to 100 in a small amount of time. Not counting getting him there. Within a Fight, while optimal, he ramps up quickly.
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    Kerneas said:

I’ve seen 300k plus sp2s