**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spider verse evasion bug

While playing story quests, event quests, and arenas I am noticing that spider verse champs are now evading venoms basic attacks. I have also noticed that IMIW is starting to ignore auto evade in game and wondered if the two are related?
I am running the game at v. 24.3.1 on an iPhone 7+. My carrier is AT&T (cellular) and xfinity (WiFi), this happens on both WiFi and cell data.
Sorry I don’t have a screenshot or video at the moment. Will see if I can get one loaded in the next day or two.

Comments

• Hey there, in relation to Spider-Verse Champions being able to Evade Venom, do you happen to know if his Klyntar Buff was active at the time. He needs this Buff to be able to prevent their Evade so if it is removed for any reason, such as a Buffet node, they will be able to Evade him as normal.

For any of the cases where you believe Champions are Evading attacks they shouldn't, wold you be able to tell us what specific matchups these were, and in what modes/quests? Nodes that are active in certain places could have an impact on this, so any specifics you are able to provide are helpful for narrowing things down.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tyler1620 said:

While playing story quests, event quests, and arenas I am noticing that spider verse champs are now evading venoms basic attacks. I have also noticed that IMIW is starting to ignore auto evade in game and wondered if the two are related?
    I am running the game at v. 24.3.1 on an iPhone 7+. My carrier is AT&T (cellular) and xfinity (WiFi), this happens on both WiFi and cell data.
    Sorry I don’t have a screenshot or video at the moment. Will see if I can get one loaded in the next day or two.

1) Spiderverse champs only are presented from evading if you have a kavlar buff active, which is a buff and can be eatten by nodes.
    2) IMIW cannot be evade
    Repulsor hits don’t make contact, cannot be evaded, and deal Energy Damage instead of Physical.
    There was a bug that allowed him to be evaded previously, but they fixed that
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hellow said:

Hellow said:

You literally have To ignore reading entirely to make this thread

You typed more to open this thread, than you would have needed to read in order to avoid it lmao.

Not trying to put you down or anything, this is legitimate advice: always carefully read the ability sheets of your characters.

It goes beyond reading, it requires an awareness of game mechanics in addition to the description and until you encounter it in the rare instance where you lose your buff against a spiderverse it would be all to easy to not comprehend what happened; in fact, how often this comes up shows how easily players find it confusing.

It also requires having access to IMIW’s character sheet, absent people possessing that champion that can be a challenge.

Thanks for being so understanding...oh wait that’s not what happened at all.
    I guess you’re right
    It takes reading and common sense
    If this happens then that happens
    If the buff is not active then you get non of the benefits from READING his description
    If you hit with a repulser attack and the opponent tries to evade by reading it you should know why they can’t
    You’re describing acquired knowledge, common sense as in what the game teaches you is to the contrary.

The game starts you out by describing things as a buff and those things cannot be removed; read any local node (The most common node in game for early/novice players) “Local nodes apply a buff to the enemy on this tile.” The vast majority of those local nodes, and most common exposure to “buff” apply immutable buffs to champions. So no it is not common knowledge to read buff and inherently know that the effect can be removed. That knowledge requires deeper understanding of game mechanics than reading the word Buff imparts.

I’ll leave you with this. Can the buffet buff be removed?

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    This is a case where the OP obtained the knowledge of this ability by outside sources, and never actually read the abilities itself