**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation Ideas Kabam [Merged Threads]

13»

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    I'd say 500 units, a buncha pots and energy refills, 10k battlechips, a couple k of loyalty and glory and a 4* crystal and maybe 5k 5* shards as a big mea-culpa- thanks-for-putting-up-with-this reward would be about fair on everyone.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I like the idea of your compensation but it should be broken up into tiers based on your progression so that you're not giving a game changing champion to someone that just started.
  • O TEMPO DE inatividade foi de 2 dias ! e mais 1 dia de bug, não foi apenas 6 horas. tem servidores que estavam com problema até hoje cedo.
  • chaos_bruhchaos_bruh Posts: 181
    for me a good compensation would be for all equal for uncollected and cavalier would be
    250- 300 units
    5*shards 5000 6* 2000
    level 5 health portion x 5
    team revive level 2 x 2
    100,000 gold
    and any other additional t4cc or t4bc or t5bc
  • When it's time to talk about compensation, you need to take into account a few things. 1st, what REASONABLY could have been earned in the time that things were messed up. 2nd, what kind of items that got lost during said time (boosts, unnecessarily used pots/revives). 3rd, being how upset were your customers made by this, and what kind of fallout can be expected if a little extra isn't given. These 3 details are the main ones I would take into consideration here.

Now, the bug fallout extended through 2 matchmaking cycles. So 2 wars some couldn't play at all. That's lost shards, gold, and loyalty. However, that's also items NOT being spent (such as boosts, HPs, and revives). The initial loop bug that was experienced during war #7 could easily have lead to excess items being burned unnecessarily as the fight kept resetting. Time that the game was down. For some that was upwards of 5+ hours, which could've been their primetime to play MCoC. So that's potential Units, and BCs that could've been earned lost from Arena, and in turn, ranking for shards.

There's more that needs to be taken into consideration, like all those who burned excessive items in wars that didn't count towards Season. The AQ cycle rewards that were compromised for some due to the loop bug. The items that may've been used in vain in AQ in an attempt to clean up before the system was sent into Emergency Maintenance. Solo Quest items burnt in vain during the loop bug, and rewards being tied up for extended periods of time. I'm sure I'm forgetting other details as well, but that's a LOT to consider.

Kabam isn't throwing these packages together haphazardly because there's a LOT of factors here. Just slamming together some random tiered compensation packages would undoubtedly lead to massive complaints. Then again, that's probably gonna happen either way. Some will never be happy, and others will be simply because SOMETHING was done.

I said this elsewhere, and I'm gonna say it again... this is a grand opportunity for Kabam to show the players some love. I wouldn't expect the world here. Full 6* crystals, R3-R4 gems don't fall under things that could reasonably been acquired during said time. Now, while either would indeed be welcomed by the community as a gesture on Kabam's part, but it's hardly something that should be expected.

Where they go from here is remained to be seen, and it will inevitably take time as they're still repairing things. I'm certain this conversation will continue up until the day the compensation is announced and/or received. In the meantime, be aware that they REALLY have their work cut out for them and that patience is a virtue. Hopefully, once all is said and done, the majority will be satiated by whatever Kabam sends out. Otherwise, a new thread filled with complaints will follow.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    I think until stuff gets figured out we should have a gold and battlechip boost.
  • And to the others...what does it matter to what those below you get? Are you seriously so "elite" minded that nobody that started this game after you should be have the same? What if they value their time at $200/hr because they're doctors or lawyers. Not everyone who plays this game is jobless or a student you know.

I care because if you completely mess up the progression of a million players in the game, you're increasing the chances that soon there will be no game. No amount of downtime can cause that much damage.

And if someone values their time at $200/hour that's fine, but they can't charge that to everyone that uses some of it without prior agreement. Otherwise, are you going to be paying me to read your posts? There's a really good chance my rate is higher than yours.

Compensation is about trying to make players whole in the game, to the best extent possible. It isn't about paying them to play the game based on their own inflated self worth.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    5* Thanos's for everyone....Happy Holidays :p
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★

I'd say 500 units, a buncha pots and energy refills, 10k battlechips, a couple k of loyalty and glory and a 4* crystal and maybe 5k 5* shards as a big mea-culpa- thanks-for-putting-up-with-this reward would be about fair on everyone.

This is a reasoned one. The units help replace the unknown of what's been lost (boosts/potions etc), the battle chips from arena, the shards as cherry on top.

Need to give specifics to what was lost/spent (it won't be specific to each person but at least replace what was likely either lost or missed out on) and then a little something to sweeten the pot. Nothing big like a free 6*. That's ridic. But half a 5* like suggested isn't unreasonable in this state of the game and is more saying "This was a pain so here's a little something more."

I'd say something like a free month of the sigil for everyone (so an added month to those subscribed and free month for those not) could be a fair balance, but I don't have it so I don't recall the specifics of it all to really weigh how fair one way or another that'd be
  • RJustice_209RJustice_209 Posts: 213 ★★

No one lost a full 6*....

But alot lost time and money and units. I value my time at $40/hr. Not sure about some of you. That time is the time it couldve been spent on arena. That time that was repeated in looped fights.

And to the others...what does it matter to what those below you get? Are you seriously so "elite" minded that nobody that started this game after you should be have the same? What if they value their time at $200/hr because they're doctors or lawyers. Not everyone who plays this game is jobless or a student you know.

Yep...anyways. Good to know some peeps value boosts as compensation. Kabam..u got supporters for those low compensation ideas you want to give. So that's your green light. Thanks.

And to those who cant read correctly what i wrote above, it is 6* OR a generic rank up gem 5r3 to 5r4.
    $40/HR to play a video game on your own time that's free to play and you own nothing of it? Curious to know how you determined $40/HR is appropriate? Love to hear how you came up with it.
    http://programs.clearerthinking.org/what_is_your_time_really_worth_to_you.html#.XcxYx7eIYwA

My $40/hr free time was accurate.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★

But alot lost time and money and units. I value my time at $40/hr. Not sure about some of you. That time is the time it couldve been spent on arena. That time that was repeated in looped fights.

And to the others...what does it matter to what those below you get? Are you seriously so "elite" minded that nobody that started this game after you should be have the same? What if they value their time at $200/hr because they're doctors or lawyers. Not everyone who plays this game is jobless or a student you know.

Yep...anyways. Good to know some peeps value boosts as compensation. Kabam..u got supporters for those low compensation ideas you want to give. So that's your green light. Thanks.

And to those who cant read correctly what i wrote above, it is 6* OR a generic rank up gem 5r3 to 5r4.
    $40/HR to play a video game on your own time that's free to play and you own nothing of it? Curious to know how you determined $40/HR is appropriate? Love to hear how you came up with it.
    http://programs.clearerthinking.org/what_is_your_time_really_worth_to_you.html#.XcxYx7eIYwA

Good lord. This is strictly related to working at a job. Sorry, your time isn't worth $40/hr in this game nor outside it.

Good lord. This is strictly related to working at a job. Sorry, your time isn't worth $40/hr in this game nor outside it.
    Have you even read the summary of what it involves to come up with a number? It takes into account your income, what you would pay to save time, how much time you are willing to sacrifice for $100, etc, to come to a good average of how much you actually value your time.
  • No one lost a full 6*....

That's a guide used to teach people how to value their personal time for their own purposes. Believing that this is equivalent to how others should value their time is a misconception. Maybe it is one of the Common Misconceptions in the other quiz on that self help web site.

You can't value time like that when it comes to an exchange of services. Otherwise, when I spend two hours watching a movie in a theater they'd end up owing me money, because my time value is higher than the cost of the movie. This is supposed to be a ridiculous notion to anyone with common sense.
    DNA3000 said:

That's a guide used to teach people how to value their personal time for their own purposes. Believing that this is equivalent to how others should value their time is a misconception. Maybe it is one of the Common Misconceptions in the other quiz on that self help web site.

You can't value time like that when it comes to an exchange of services. Otherwise, when I spend two hours watching a movie in a theater they'd end up owing me money, because my time value is higher than the cost of the movie. This is supposed to be a ridiculous notion to anyone with common sense.
    Wasn't this stuff taught to you all in high school or lower division college courses? I didnt need to use the quiz to come up with my personal number, but my results were pretty accurate.

And the results were a median amount. And if you want to get technical, watching a movie can relieve stress, take u on a mental vacation, etc. Stuff that can be difficult to value that you haven't even thought about.

"Time is money" , "Time is probably the most valuable asset you have." Your value is different than others.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★

I have no idea how some people would disagree with my idea. Fyi, everyone gets all the above, i just separated it so it's easier to identify.

Because you asked for a 6* and a generic rank up gem. Neither have anything to do with what happened or lost. You were fine up until that request, then you went all greedy.
    You want to do the research and math on what was lost by millions of players? If so, please do so within the timeframe most would want.

I suggested a 6* or a rank up gem so it satisfies everyone up to the cavaliers and top tier AW. Sure they can do tiered compensation, but then Cavaliers still end up with 6 star shards/crystal. Plus, those in top tier AW gain nothing from aw compensation since they're already at the top, but would probably be happy from the 6* crystal.

Havent read anything this dumb in a while.
    Ok negative Nancy, what's your suggestion?
    Alright, since you asked. Take everybody's last war standing, and give them the rewards for one tier above it. Thats my 2 cents.

The rewards wont be too game breaking, but everyone can say they definitely earned more than what they were supposed to. Whether or not they couldve moved two steps up is out of the question since we disregarded the remaining wars.

I was just typing that up...doing an average, my goodness, whoever came up with that ideal shouldn’t be asked to contribute towards decisions like this.

They just lost so many players who spend from the whole rebalancing, otherwise they’d have never backed off from it, and now this?

Man, Kabam, you guys should be finding ways to get your customers excited to log in, not finding ways to disappoint them, and punishing them for mistakes not there’s, that is the absolute worst thing a company could do to a customer

actually we should stop with the talks on what compensation we should be given... no matter what kabam gives us we have to accept and appreciate it. I mean, ultimately, it's their game.Meanwhile I understand that some players spend actual money on the game so this is what I have to say

kabam knows the extent of damage this bug/outage caused, so we should put our trust in kabam that they will find a solution to this issue and hence decide on a compensation that will satisfy most of us... it's no use speculating when in the end, if the compensation isn't up to standard, complains and unhappiness will start to arise from the typical expectation vs reality

actually they don't know the full extent that it has caused hence why they need time to still focus on the damage specifically.

Expectation vs Reality vs Dream/Hope

Dream/Hope for general comp listed at main post.

Expectation: 1-2k 6* shards for cav, 1 to 5k 5* for uncollected, 5k to full 4* for below. + those listed below.

General comp reality:
    Only combat Boosts, xp boosts, 1 t4c, 1t4b, etc.

Thank you for listening to me Kabam. :)
    Compensation was even better than I expected. Kabam you outdid yourself on this one!
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Duff12475 said:

AW: Finished tier+1

AQ: Exact rewards of LAST WEEK'S AQ

Arena: 10 stamina refills (or equivalent units), and BC/Gold/3,4,5 hero shards based on progression

General: Also based on progression. Handful of revives, potions, hero shards(3,4,5), and few hundred units.

Compensation needs to be related to what was lost, not a "I WANT IT" list. Dont't be greedy, but also don't expect much. I hate saying it but look at the recent track history when it comes to compensation packages...

Many of us lost a complete round of arena ie 100+ champs unable to use so 100+ stamina refills would be a good start
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Closing this thread out since general compensation has been sent out.
This discussion has been closed.