**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wasp update

2»

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

WATCHED said:

So are they saying PASSIVE no longer matters and does this wording now effect all champs that have a "PASSIVE" ability. Why just WASP smh, I just pulled her as a 6* and really liking her but now this. Please stop putting in champs that are broken, GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!

The fix will change nothing on her abilities.
    Due to a bug, she was being able to apply passive stun on stun immunity scenarios. Now she will not be able to do that.
    The difference between buffs/debuffs and passive abilities is still important here
    Yea it will change nothing. The passive stun will not work on Stun immune. That's all. Nothing really big. Do you play the game or just misguide people here ? I Solo Medusa Main boss in AW. The node is stun immune. Now she won't be able to do that.

But your right nothing has changed, Unicorns and Santa exist too. What's non existent atm is your ability to guide anyone correctly.
    Saying "nothing will change" is not correct, I agree. I can absolutely see that many wasp users in one way or another relied on her bypassing stun-immunity.

However, they don't change her abilities per se. They fix her, so that she functions according to her description.

So she doesn't change, just her illogical interaction with stun-immunity changes.

Before it got fixed many people also relied on using sabretooth +km against mordo to bypass his astral evade. That also was an illogical interaction all things considered. People also got pissed about that, but they still benefited from a bug, just as wasp users did till now.
    So it was there from over an year. and yet we were never notified in game. Just to people who read forums. You do know your being bias to Kabam right. Why I don't know. I never knew it, have her at R5 and a lot of Sig stones also thrown in, for soloing Main bosses. Now It's next to impossible to fight AW bosses with her. But damn I always get caught in a conversation with noobs. I need to stop arguing with yall.
    I dont think you know what the word "bias" means. I have her as a 6*, but a bug is a bug is a bug, they should fix them. It is not impossible to fight AW bosses with her, apparently you just dont know how to fight AW bosses.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    No you are taking away one of wasps main uses in HER BASIC gameplay by removing the passive stun! It's the only thing that made her useful against alot of content including alliance war especially with her paper thin block profiency and defences, I r2 my wasp as a 6 star specifically because she could do that and was useful for stun immune opponents! So am I going to be able to rank her down for this? Because you are changing a gameplay mechanic she's had for ages and was even stated before (I think) that this wouldn't get touched
  • Options
    A l p h a said:

No you are taking away one of wasps main uses in HER BASIC gameplay by removing the passive stun! It's the only thing that made her useful against alot of content including alliance war especially with her paper thin block profiency and defences, I r2 my wasp as a 6 star specifically because she could do that and was useful for stun immune opponents! So am I going to be able to rank her down for this? Because you are changing a gameplay mechanic she's had for ages and was even stated before (I think) that this wouldn't get touched

yuou can still passively stun nodes that are buff immune, just not those that are completely stun immune.
  • Options

WATCHED said:

So are they saying PASSIVE no longer matters and does this wording now effect all champs that have a "PASSIVE" ability. Why just WASP smh, I just pulled her as a 6* and really liking her but now this. Please stop putting in champs that are broken, GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!

Due to a bug, she was being able to apply passive stun on stun immunity scenarios. Now she will not be able to do that.
    The difference between buffs/debuffs and passive abilities is still important here
    Yea it will change nothing. The passive stun will not work on Stun immune. That's all. Nothing really big. Do you play the game or just misguide people here ? I Solo Medusa Main boss in AW. The node is stun immune. Now she won't be able to do that.

But your right nothing has changed, Unicorns and Santa exist too. What's non existent atm is your ability to guide anyone correctly.
    Saying "nothing will change" is not correct, I agree. I can absolutely see that many wasp users in one way or another relied on her bypassing stun-immunity.

However, they don't change her abilities per se. They fix her, so that she functions according to her description.

So she doesn't change, just her illogical interaction with stun-immunity changes.

Before it got fixed many people also relied on using sabretooth +km against mordo to bypass his astral evade. That also was an illogical interaction all things considered. People also got pissed about that, but they still benefited from a bug, just as wasp users did till now.
    So it was there from over an year. and yet we were never notified in game. Just to people who read forums. You do know your being bias to Kabam right. Why I don't know. I never knew it, have her at R5 and a lot of Sig stones also thrown in, for soloing Main bosses. Now It's next to impossible to fight AW bosses with her. But damn I always get caught in a conversation with noobs. I need to stop arguing with yall.
    Wait... How am I biased? Why they took so long to fix her is a whole different story and I would certainly agree that it is a problem.

They should be competent enough to not have bugs like that in the game for such a long time. But that does not change that it is an interaction that logically should not work.

Just think about other passive effects with debuff counterparts like nightcrawlers bleed.

Applying your logic to him, nightcrawler should be able to bleed out opponents that do not have blood, like dormammu.
    Starting to try and derail me by NC, and Dormammu and don't know what. You a Kid ? Next thing wou'll talk about Popeye and Superman too. SMH.

Talk point to point ! Was there a notification ? Yes or NO ? No then scram. Noobster.
    Popeye would definitely curbstomp any version of superman in a fight.
    There we go. Evident enough for me to understand the fact that I was trying to explain my point to a kid. Don't spoil the thread. Don't go off topic. Go kick rocks instead.
    that you resort to childish insults probably means you are younger than he is.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

A l p h a said:

yuou can still passively stun nodes that are buff immune, just not those that are completely stun immune.
    She's been able to do this for 18 months and no one's batted an eye until now... Why? She isn't exactly overpowered as is and it gave her some unique utility, this will destroy alot of her main uses
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

WATCHED said:

Read again, carefully.
    I'll quote it: "The fix will change nothing on her abilities".

Gameplay is a different case, since she was performing wrongly, against her abilities.
    So yeh, nothing will change on her abilities. Just a gameplay interaction between abilities that was being wrongly performed till today. You got a chance to play with a bug ability while you could, and now it will be fixed in order to match the description
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    Reminds me of AA. He was stunning stun immune champs too. People called that nerf as well. Pretty much the same thing. Not a nerf, but a fix regardless of how long it took.
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    This is really simple guys

Stun immune=no passive stun allowed
    Debuff immune=passive stun allowed

I am fine with this fix, and I’m a frequent wasp user. This is an interaction fix, not a silent nerf
  • Options

I am fine with this fix, and I’m a frequent wasp user. This is an interaction fix, not a silent nerf

Her ability to fight war bosses and other opponents is now gone... It might be a fix, but it's still a nerf and the reason I r2 my 6 star... Changing a product after it was deemed working fine... Its not on
  • Options
    A l p h a said:

Lormif said:

A l p h a said:

She's been able to do this for 18 months and no one's batted an eye until now... Why? She isn't exactly overpowered as is and it gave her some unique utility, this will destroy alot of her main uses
    decicions to fix bugs do not have a lot of weight for how long the bug is in. Should they not fix the mastery bugs that have been in the game longer? no, they should fix the bug. She will still have the unique ability as she can still get around debuff immune champs jsut not stun immune.
  • Options
    A l p h a said:

Her ability to fight war bosses and other opponents is now gone... It might be a fix, but it's still a nerf and the reason I r2 my 6 star... Changing a product after it was deemed working fine... Its not on
    they dont typically tell you "working fine", because bugs can happen at any time, and I would challenge you to find them saying this was working fine.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    A l p h a said:

They stated it was NOT working fine
  • Options

A l p h a said:

Nothing in either the game nor in her ability sheet suggested that she should be able to stun stun-immune champs.

To the contrary every other full on immunity against any detrimental effect that exists as both a debuff and a passive effect suggested that she shouldn't be able to do that.

I get your frustration, but sorry you ranked her because of an ability she logically shouldn't possess?
    Yet the let her possess for 18 months without an issue... So why wouldn't I? Surely if it was not meant to be the case it would have been "fixed" much sooner
  • Options
    A l p h a said:

A l p h a said:

Nothing in either the game nor in her ability sheet suggested that she should be able to stun stun-immune champs.

To the contrary every other full on immunity against any detrimental effect that exists as both a debuff and a passive effect suggested that she shouldn't be able to do that.

I get your frustration, but sorry you ranked her because of an ability she logically shouldn't possess?
    Yet the let her possess for 18 months without an issue... So why wouldn't I? Surely if it was not meant to be the case it would have been "fixed" much sooner
    where is the evidence for your "surely". Your argument is not logical, it depends on logical leaps such as them knowing it is broken.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Please refer to the discussion here about the fix to Wasp.
This discussion has been closed.