**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Class Catalyst/ Awakening Gem Drop Rates

From what I've read the consensus seems to be that there is some algorithm that determines which class catalysts and awakening gems you get based on what you currently have and what you seem to need. But it also seems to keep my overflow full of ones I don't need/want to use, and keep me searching for what I do need.

My question is - why not make it completely random? make the drop rate equal? That way you at least know that you've got a decent shot at something vs. the computer guessing what it thinks you'd want (which is likely wrong)?

Comments

• Caino1023 said:

From what I've read the consensus seems to be that there is some algorithm that determines which class catalysts and awakening gems you get based on what you currently have and what you seem to need. But it also seems to keep my overflow full of ones I don't need/want to use, and keep me searching for what I do need.

My question is - why not make it completely random? make the drop rate equal? That way you at least know that you've got a decent shot at something vs. the computer guessing what it thinks you'd want (which is likely wrong)?

It is random. Every objective statistical analysis of crystals has been consistent with the drop rates being random. Every conspiracy theory about them not being random is either silly, nonsensical, or fails to fit the facts.

The people who keep wondering why it isn't random are simply never going to be satisfied, because they keep asking for something that is already there, but they don't believe is there, so it is impossible to ever improve their situation.

The problem is that it takes a million times more effort to demonstrate things are random than it takes for someone to make up a theory that it isn't random. At some point, you simply have to decide to work towards informing the players willing to accept the facts, and allow the people immune to the facts to live in their own non-evidence based world.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Caino1023 said:

The game does not take into account what you have in your inventory for drop rates.
This discussion has been closed.