**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gifting event and permanent gifting badge

2»

Comments

• Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★

Agree with earlier post, bring it back again temporarily, dangle a massive carrot and see who dares to cheat and ban them phukkers for life....m .. m... x .. .i... v....ahem cough cough

They literally just had the chance to do that, and that's what should have been done. If they didn't and bans don't start dropping, I'm actually going to be pretty disappointed. Why bring it back when you KNOW fraud is going to run rampant - when you said you wouldn't bring it back because of that very reason, and then bring it back anyway, see that fraud ran rampant (just like you expected) and NOT do anything. Your solution to that would be for them to do it again?

... They literally could/should have just done that now.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Okay....first of all, there was major Fraud going on before they disabled it. People were buying Units with stolen credit card numbers and selling Items for real money outside the game. That's 2 counts of Fraud right there.
    Secondly, there is a risk by enabling it temporarily, but it's also easier to deal with those risks in an isolated atmosphere. They were undoubtedly monitoring behavior during the Event, and one of the reasons they disabled it was there was no way to stop people from creating new Accounts and repeating the Fraud.
    People wanted and expected it to return for Christmas, as per uge. They brought it back. Now, there's a difference between committing Fraud and playing the system. Using Alts to purchase Units and contribute is not necessarily Fraud, nor is it a violation of any existing rule. Had the Units been bought fraudulently, that's a different story. However, as shady as it is, it's not against the rules to contribute within the rules.
    They mentioned that they would be very cautious to bring it back permanently because of the risk, unless there was some capacity that wasn't that risky. Several suggestions have been made on here, but for the moment, it was brought back temporarily.
  • Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

Okay....first of all, there was major Fraud going on before they disabled it. People were buying Units with stolen credit card numbers and selling Items for real money outside the game. That's 2 counts of Fraud right there.
    Secondly, there is a risk by enabling it temporarily, but it's also easier to deal with those risks in an isolated atmosphere. They were undoubtedly monitoring behavior during the Event, and one of the reasons they disabled it was there was no way to stop people from creating new Accounts and repeating the Fraud.
    People wanted and expected it to return for Christmas, as per uge. They brought it back. Now, there's a difference between committing Fraud and playing the system. Using Alts to purchase Units and contribute is not necessarily Fraud, nor is it a violation of any existing rule. Had the Units been bought fraudulently, that's a different story. However, as shady as it is, it's not against the rules to contribute within the rules.
    They mentioned that they would be very cautious to bring it back permanently because of the risk, unless there was some capacity that wasn't that risky. Several suggestions have been made on here, but for the moment, it was brought back temporarily.

Theres been numerous accusations of the very real fraud in this event and screenshots of people discussing it(can be faked)

Bringing it back knowing full well it was abused before is terrible practice and shows corperate greed over rides ethical behavior.

And anything short of a permanent ban to anyone found scamming is a joke
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

Theres been numerous accusations of the very real fraud in this event and screenshots of people discussing it(can be faked)

Bringing it back knowing full well it was abused before is terrible practice and shows corperate greed over rides ethical behavior.

Corporate greed? Pretty sure people were asking for it to come back.
    Who says they're not dealing with the accusations? Screenshots are not enough, mind you. Anyone who has reported anyone knows that. You need proof within the interactions and data. That takes time. Further to that, they won't discuss any actions, and for that matter, anyone who is committing such Fraud wouldn't be using their own Accounts. That's one of the issues that led to them disabling it. It was Whack-A-Mole.
    It was a fun Event. Is it perfect? No. The alternative is not having it, and that's a bit extreme. This really feels like more of an argument against who Ranked highest than an issue of Fraud. Are people genuinely concerned about the abuse, or just upset someone Ranked top?
  • Options

ECOMA said:

Who says they're not dealing with the accusations? Screenshots are not enough, mind you. Anyone who has reported anyone knows that. You need proof within the interactions and data. That takes time. Further to that, they won't discuss any actions, and for that matter, anyone who is committing such Fraud wouldn't be using their own Accounts. That's one of the issues that led to them disabling it. It was Whack-A-Mole.
    It was a fun Event. Is it perfect? No. The alternative is not having it, and that's a bit extreme. This really feels like more of an argument against who Ranked highest than an issue of Fraud. Are people genuinely concerned about the abuse, or just upset someone Ranked top?
    Yes bringing back an event to make profit at the cost of innocent people is a disgusting corperate greed moment.

Not sure how anyone could argue against that.

If I had a customer come to me and say hey run this promotion that's easily exploitable and has been proven before I'd tell them to get out..

Who placed first? I havent even looked nor do i really care. This is about fair play if 1 unit was scammed or 400k perm bans. And remove that persons score from allaince gifting event.

Rewards should have been held until a full investigation happened and punishments handed out
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Yes bringing back an event to make profit at the cost of innocent people is a disgusting corperate greed moment.

If I had a customer come to me and say hey run this promotion that's easily exploitable and has been proven before I'd tell them to get out..

Who placed first? I havent even looked nor do i really care. This is about fair play if 1 unit was scammed or 400k perm bans. And remove that persons score from allaince gifting event.

Rewards should have been held until a full investigation happened and punishments handed out
    Fine. Next year, we can forego it. That way no one enjoys it and no one complains about who made Top Rank. Lol. Fa, la, la, la, la....
  • Options
    MultiManagerMultiManager Posts: 30
    HooooDins lol
  • Options

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Fine. Next year, we can forego it. That way no one enjoys it and no one complains about who made Top Rank. Lol. Fa, la, la, la, la....
    Sounds good cancel an event rampant wirh fraud and stolen credit cards or make money and ignore the abuse any decent person would go with option a
  • Options
    edited January 2020

the envelopes were a good idea if gifting must be done but meh

That's chinese new year and is a way better event imo too.

Dangling end game changing rewards to commit fraud is an asinine concept to me

Unless the gifting event is an elaborate police sting to crack down on credit fruad then I support this
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Sounds good cancel an event rampant wirh fraud and stolen credit cards or make money and ignore the abuse any decent person would go with option a
    My reputation is pretty prominent. I'm the first person to say wrong behavior should be dealt with. I'm just not sure that harsh of a judgment on them for bringing it back is appropriate. We don't know what they're doing on their end to deal with it. For all we know, they could have been gaining information the whole time. You never know. What I do know is bringing it back in a small capacity for Christmas is a good thing, considering the number of people suffering because of the actions of a few. Does it justify their abuse? No. They're responsible for their own choices. I can't say that bringing it back for people to enjoy the season of giving is just an unscrupulous marketing ploy.
  • Options
    For the record, I suggested having limited Resources for use in the game towards Gifting. Ones that couldn't be bought. Stops half the problem. In any event, they brought it back in it's original form, and it was fun.
  • Options

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

My reputation is pretty prominent. I'm the first person to say wrong behavior should be dealt with. I'm just not sure that harsh of a judgment on them for bringing it back is appropriate. We don't know what they're doing on their end to deal with it. For all we know, they could have been gaining information the whole time. You never know. What I do know is bringing it back in a small capacity for Christmas is a good thing, considering the number of people suffering because of the actions of a few. Does it justify their abuse? No. They're responsible for their own choices. I can't say that bringing it back for people to enjoy the season of giving is just an unscrupulous marketing ploy.
    All xmas is just a marketing ploy. That's all the holiday is these days.
  • Options
    ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Wow. All sunshine and rainbows. Lol.
  • Options

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

ECOMA said:

Wow. All sunshine and rainbows. Lol.
    I notice you can say that but didnt dispute it :)
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Goken2345 said:

Is there any talks of the permanent gifting badge returning? Since the gifting event is annual and all long term players know when it comes how is it not ripe for the same abuse as the permanent gifting badge? Has the team come up with solutions on how to curb the abuse of the permanent gifting badge?

There aren't plans to have gifting return permanently. The event was intended only for a limited time. We appreciate everyone's feedback about the event and do take concerns about abuse seriously.
This discussion has been closed.