**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About the exploit and bans

What is different from the recent MCOC exploit and this one:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/1188/updated-july-12-important-notice-known-exploit-and-abuse-of-exploits

In Mcoc some cases were handled with bans and Tftf only had rewards removal for everyone (even though it affected alliance events).

No rant, no rage post, just pure curiosity about your process defining punishments.
@Kabam Miike

Comments

• Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    This is a very strong counterpoint and sets a precedent that I don't see how Kabam can dispute which is why it will be all the more hilarious to read the backpedal/dismissal of this thread. Patiently waiting...
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    What is the counterpoint? Last I knew, kabam's plan was to remove the rewards for people who profited but weren't doing so in violation of tos and those who were violating tos, were subject to ban plus having rewards removed. Unless I'm misreading the link, it sounds the same. Caveat: I have not played transformers so not sure I really understand everything in that thread
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    First off, this is MCOC not TFTF. Secondly, it is up to the discretion of the game team. It's their product. I wouldn't expect them to discuss their process much, but I would imagine it involves the impact of the exploit and the severity that people took advantage of it. I would also imagine that the value of what was exploited has an impact as well. Bottom line is, it's in the TOS that they can act on any violation at their own discretion.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    My guess and my hope would be the firm response they used this time is to appropriately address these instances. Contest of Champions has been out far longer than Transformers has. And this is definitely not the first time something has been exploited by a player base within the game. Maybe a firm response is needed to try and deter things from happening again.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Bryman187 wrote: »
    This is a very strong counterpoint and sets a precedent that I don't see how Kabam can dispute which is why it will be all the more hilarious to read the backpedal/dismissal of this thread. Patiently waiting...

The most recent abuse in MCOC wasn't an exploit that allowed people to complete difficult content easier, it was an exploit that allowed people to accumulate a huge amount of rewards in an unlimited fashion. The thread discussing it mentioned people exploiting it 200 times or more. In every game I'm aware of, that would be considered an exploit of a far higher order than one that just allows easier completion of difficult content.

In fact, on the hierarchy of exploits, an exploit that allowed an unlimited amount of high value rewards to be generated ranks second only to an exploit that allowed a player to take control of the live servers.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    HAHAHA this goes to shows how far reaching the hammer is. Kabam is a joke at consistency. In this case this was an error on their part, one that was allowed to stay up. Exploits should not be bannable when they constantly have bugs and glitches that causes us hard earned units and cash. I think that Kabam needs a 203 hour ban, while they punish us with these 30 minute timers. In all honesty, anyone that ran every path to earn fantastic rewards is no different than Kabam. They saw away to take advantage of something and did it. Same as Kabam offering 4* rank package 2 days before announcing 6* champs, or a 4* awakening gem right before the 12.0 nerf.
  • GregorGregor Posts: 25
    Before anything else, this is not a thread to appeal or discuss a individual ban. Not even to complain about it. We just want some info from you.
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Bryman187 wrote: »

The most recent abuse in MCOC wasn't an exploit that allowed people to complete difficult content easier, it was an exploit that allowed people to accumulate a huge amount of rewards in an unlimited fashion. The thread discussing it mentioned people exploiting it 200 times or more. In every game I'm aware of, that would be considered an exploit of a far higher order than one that just allows easier completion of difficult content.

In fact, on the hierarchy of exploits, an exploit that allowed an unlimited amount of high value rewards to be generated ranks second only to an exploit that allowed a player to take control of the live servers.

Thank you for clarifying. Apparently I skimmed the Transformers instance to quickly. I was under the impression that it was a more similar instance. Regardless, I am not disagreeing with the action taken necessarily, I was just pointing out that I'm sure Kabam will have a clever way to answer the question. Thank you for clarifying the comparison for me though.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    DRAX VS MORDO

HOW MANY PEOPLE EXPLOITED THIS?!
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Not sure I understand, but I think the complaint is that Transformers didn't ban people that got caught, but MCOC did.

If so, my theory would be that MCOC has a larger playerbase so the game wouldn't be killed off by mass cheater bans. Transformers is newer and they don't want to risk losing their players by banning outright, especially if it's a first offense or not as bad as the MCOC exploit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    DRAX VS MORDO

HOW MANY PEOPLE EXPLOITED THIS?!

That's not an exploit. His Attack moves faster. That's already been explained.
  • First, we do need to point out that these are 2 completely different games, with different teams making the decisions behind the actions. They are not the exact same situation, and as is laid out in our post on cheating, "Not all violations are of the same severity, and as a result, differing punishments may apply."

Secondly, the effects of these two exploits varied wildly, and can't really be compared. One allowed for a small set of people to gain an advantage in one event, while the other allowed a set of people to claim an unprecedented set of rewards that other players will have to work very hard to receive.

The two situations should not be compared. Closing this thread down now, because there is no more to discuss on that subject.
This discussion has been closed.