**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pretty please.. with sugar on top.. fix this issue:)One root issue is causing multiple problems imo.

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
edited March 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
We've been dealing with it for months. I am aware that there are existing threads on related topics, but this isn't really the same. It's me giving my opinion as to why they are all occuring.
Such as:
"AI launching special while hitting their block.."
"Al able to dex out of my block hits and punish me.."
"AI is able to start a combo on me after completing a 4 hit combo to their block before my character has time to defend itself.."
"Can no longer successfully execute a backdraft interpret after a block hit combo.."

I wanted to start a thread here because I believe all of these issues are not separate. So it's not actually a comment on any of those particular issues. I believe that they are all caused by the same root issue. And I'm confident that many folks in player base would agree. As well as anyone on the team at Kabam who plays the game regularly. They would have noticed this at some point as well, surely.

The AI is no longer consistently subjected to the same recovery time from blocked attacks that they used to be in the past. The same recovery time we are still subjected to as players. Taking a hit to your block has always caused you to be frame locked for a small window of time in this game. The only time you were able to punish a block hit in the past, was if a combo ender was thrown (2nd medium for example). Now the AI can launch a special or dex out of the combo, *mid combo* without having thrown a combo ender.. punish a *first* medium to their block, etc. The list goes on.

The question is, why hasn't it been addressed? It seems like such a glaring issue to us as players. Totally obvious that it is happening. I can only assume that it is not intended. Difficulty should not be tuned by altering core, long standing mechanics of the game. It should be tuned with stats, nodes and character abilities. Assuming it is not intended, I would like to ask that this issue be taken seriously. Please, take the time to investigate and fix this issue. I'm pretty sure players have already submitted numerous examples of footage of these things occuring, but I am happy to provide some if desired. Thank you for reading this and providing us a place to communicate about it.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    All of those have been addressed. My guess is that it's only happening to certain players with certain devices which takes longer to test and fix.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

All of those have been addressed. My guess is that it's only happening to certain players with certain devices which takes longer to test and fix.

Have they? I personally have multiple players in my alliance including myself who this is happening to. I have a Pixel 4. I have alliance mates and officers with iOS devices who it's still happening to as well. Just today, in fact. Popular content creators have had it clearly happen in their footage. Using iOS. Serious question. What makes you believe it's been addressed? And for which devices has it been addressed? I'd like to research that further. Thanks for the feedback!
    edited March 2020
    I would like to invite anyone who is still experiencing these issues from time to time (specifically after the most recent update) to let us know what is happening and what devices/platforms you are using. Thanks!
  • FluffySenseiFluffySensei Posts: 5
    *Potential minor exploit found in game* - Kabam fixes within 24 hours

*major bug in game that costs people rewards, resources and progress, gets widely reported* - Kabam barely acknowledges and doesn’t fix for months, if ever.
  • FluffySenseiFluffySensei Posts: 5
    *Cue Kabam closing this thread as it’s “already discussed elsewhere” and apparently can’t fix these issues despite milking millions out of the player base, they can’t invest in more staff and better servers.*
  • SuperranSuperran Posts: 60
    I've had a consistent issue since last AQ cycle of being hit with a special from my opponent while hitting (4 hit combo) into their block. It costed me my Corvus, who crits through blocks as we all know. It also costed me my She Hulk which means I had to spend items from my inventory that are not free to accumulate. This has happen pre and post update MCOC app update. Please fix

I use iPhone 11 & I’m getting the same issues. It’s not device specific, they just haven’t cared to fix it.
    I use a LG v40 and have none of those issues.

Have they? I personally have multiple players in my alliance including myself who this is happening to. I have a Pixel 4. I have alliance mates and officers with iOS devices who it's still happening to as well. Just today, in fact. Popular content creators have had it clearly happen in their footage. Using iOS. Serious question. What makes you believe it's been addressed? And for which devices has it been addressed? I'd like to research that further. Thanks for the feedback!
    Addressed as in they have acknowledged the issues. The first one you listed was in the change log as fixed but it didnt work for everyone.
    edited March 2020

I use iPhone 11 & I’m getting the same issues. It’s not device specific, they just haven’t cared to fix it.
    I use a LG v40 and have none of those issues.
    Glad to hear it. That's awesome. Unfortunately, a lot of players have had it happen. Including Seatin, Brian Grant and Lagacy. I've personally seen the footage in their videos/streams. I watch a lot of mcoc content and I'm a fan of those guys among others and I'm really into this game. Been playing for years, but always trying to learn new things or keep up to date on what's happening in the game. Just hoping for a real fix (for all players) to the root issue that keeps surfacing over and over. Which I believe is the AI not being subjected to a proper block "hit stun" as they used to. Consistently, anyway.

Addressed as in they have acknowledged the issues. The first one you listed was in the change log as fixed but it didnt work for everyone.
    Ok, gotcha, I do recall the statement in the change log. Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't actually fixed with that update. At least not permanently as is it happening as recently as today. To many players I've spoken to.

Ok, gotcha, I do recall the statement in the change log. Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't actually fixed with that update. At least not permanently as is it happening as recently as today. To many players I've spoken to.
    But they know about the issues. There isn't a magic switch that can just fix stuff. These aren't server side issues, they are experienced by some but not all. Those fixes are harder.

But they know about the issues. There isn't a magic switch that can just fix stuff. These aren't server side issues, they are experienced by some but not all. Those fixes are harder.
    Ok, I have nothing to offer on how to fix it, as in this case I am the customer/consumer of the goods/service and not the provider. I can only report it and ask for a remedy. Just as my clients would ask me for a remedy if my services had an issue. Whether a magic switch exists isn't the question here. I'm going to hazard a guess of somewhere between 4 and 6 months that this has been happening. I'm sure we could pull up the original threads if we wanted to. As you said, it may be truly be a case of complexity that is making it take so long to be resolved. I have no intelligent way of disputing that. It may also simply be a case of priority. I don't think you'd have an intelligent way of disputing that without inside knowledge as to the priority the company has assigned to each issue in the game. All I can tell you is that it is still happening, for whatever reason after 4-6 months of being reported.

Ok, I have nothing to offer on how to fix it, as in this case I am the customer/consumer of these goods/services and not the provider. All I can do is report the issue and ask for a remedy. Just as my clients would ask for a remedy if there was an issue with my services.

Whether or not a magic switch exists is not really the question here. I'm going to hazard a guess of between 4 and 6 months that this has been going on. I'm sure we could look up the original threads if we wanted to. As you said, it may truly be the complexity of the issue that has caused this to be around for so long. I have no intelligent way to dispute that. It could also be a matter of priority, as others have suggested. Likewise, I don't think there's any intelligent way for you to dispute that either without inside knowledge. The fact is, as players we don't really know the why. Without being told specifically by someone from the company what it as actually being done to correct it currently. As I said, I'm just here to report it, offer my opinion as a player as to what I'm seeing happen and politely request a remedy.
    Whoops, tried to edit last and it posted twice somehow:) Sorry about that, wasn't intentional.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    I believe this is an issue that has been bothering me a lot lately. The fact that nothing has been done about it leads me to believe it is something that was done intentionally by the programmers in an attempt to get people to spend more. If it isn’t effecting everyone equally than it is a pretty big problem.
    Any acknowledgement, update or information on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

I was a little off in my estimated time of 4-6 months earlier. This is the last known update for these issues I think.
  • kasleskasles Posts: 4
    I've been facing this issue from past two wars...
    I got k.o due to this.
    I was doing a combo and suddenly the opponent throws special and takes me down
    My device is Android
    Oppo f5 2020(latest version)
  • taonesstaoness Posts: 16
    iPhone 11, I encounter this problems all the time—largely with Corvus and Venom the Duck, as both are characters I tend to feed attacks into the defenders' blocks. Seems like it's been an issue for some time now. I'm almost no longer surprised when it happens.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Please post in the existing discussions for the issues mentioned and only do so in order to add any new information. Continuously bumping or creating new threads about the same topics are against the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.