**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it true?

Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
Are they really nerfing morning star in 6.2 fight vs the champion?

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Not really a nerf. Gaining heath via a mechanic which requires you to deal damage to enemy, but the enemy can't take damage. See the problem here?

I completely agree. If no damage is dealt then there should be no regen based off damage dealt. It's worded pretty clearly. The first time I saw this happening I knew it would be fixed. There is a difference between a nerf and a fix. Fixing something to work as it is clearly stated is in no way a nerf.
  • Mcoc_gamer_481Mcoc_gamer_481 Posts: 62

It's always Seatin who causes these Nerfs. Ngl but they just watch his videos and think 'oh..that's abit OP lets tone it down so they use more pots and units'...

Then he releases another video and same thing again

It wasn’t him it was someone who posted it on the forums who got it noticed
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    They're not nerfing Morningstar, they're 're-balancing' her .. eeeexcept it's not a rebalance either .. like Terra said they're making her work as intended
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Nop, it's fake information.
    No nerf will happen
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam Mike confirmed that the nerf or bug fix is happening. So yes, its true and I don't agree with the person who brought it up to begin with. How does that help players to take away a viable Champion option?
  • Agentk100Agentk100 Posts: 35
    I don’t mind the fix my problem with it is another viable no retreat option gone I’ve already done it with her so I’m happy but she’s one of the only no retreat options in an already incredibly difficult fight
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

Kabam Mike confirmed that the nerf or bug fix is happening. So yes, its true and I don't agree with the person who brought it up to begin with. How does that help players to take away a viable Champion option?

This is so stupid to say. If it were reverse and affected you as a player you'd want it fixed right away. Bugs are bugs and they should be fixed regardless of who they help. There are many counters to the champion and lots of youtube videos showing how to beat him without using a broken mechanic. Plus, she hasn't been fixed yet. She will still life steal off L2. So go use her while you can.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    As much as I dont agree with how this came about...

This doesn't take away a champion counter. It prevents you healing at that point. If anything, she's still a counter, just now you have to play a more challenging fight because you can't take chip damage.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Primmer79 said:

This doesn't take away a champion counter. It prevents you healing at that point. If anything, she's still a counter, just now you have to play a more challenging fight because you can't take chip damage.

I think the main issue is no retreat
    Without the regen it makes it 10* harder
    Even with her 50% to perfect block it’s still a challenge to not trigger it since you’re stuck with either insane block damage or bs damage
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Ic ty for the information
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Okaythen said:

Primmer79 said:

I think the main issue is no retreat
    Without the regen it makes it 10* harder
    Even with her 50% to perfect block it’s still a challenge to not trigger it since you’re stuck with either insane block damage or bs damage
    I don't disagree. but what champion is supposed to heal from doing no damage? It was a bug with claire, and it was a bug with MS.

again, I dont agree with how this change came about, but it was a bug we were taking advantage of.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Better hurry up then n get that no retreat path out of the way lol.
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Honestly if a game has a bs fight then I encourage people to take advantage of it as Much as possible
  • This is not a nerf. Morningstar's abilities very clearly indicates that with 5 Souls she has a "20% chance on Hit to Life Steal 50% of the Damage done to the Opponent.".

If she is not doing damage, she should not be regenerating health. This is a bug that we are fixing.
This discussion has been closed.