**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aw issue again [Merged Thread]

2»

Comments

• FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    I think it would be better to just cut the season short here to prevent any possible issues that might come and start the next season when the game is back to normal
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Just end the season and fix whatever is needed before starting again.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey folks,

We will continue to monitor the issue. Please keep an eye out on this thread for any updates: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/211390/stability-update-july-24-enabling-events-deadpool-x-force-arena-rescheduled-sasquatch-arenas

We apologise for the inconvenience and we hope you'll have a marvelous weekend!

Any word on releasing already placed defenders?
  • FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★
    Also cutting the season short and running off season wars would give us a better chance to test the new map and nodes without the pressure of screwing up the season. I have had a few ideas for interesting interactions but i don't want to risk trying them during the season
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    They might as well cancel war this sucks because we were trying to make a run towards platinum 3 and now we may not have a chance with the limited amount of wars left, this is an unfortunate situation.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I feel like kabam hq is currently having a meltdown. Litterally nothing is going right for these guys.

Good luck....
    Seems like you need it
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited July 2020

Just end the season. What more has to happen before you end this season early and focus on fixing the issue.

Time. If we need to end the season, we'll look into that, but we can't do it right now. We'll be able to look at that in the early next week.
    Thanks I understand this is a difficult time for the game team and you guys are working around the clock I appreciate it, it will be difficult for a lot of alliance to progress now with 4 wars being out for example we were making a push to plat 3 but the way things are going I think we will be stuck at platinum 4 unfortunately
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★

At this point, it's probably more prudent to call it a Season.

Imo they will try and save the season, wars need to continue to rebalance the war ratings. Not all alliances run AW during off season...my ally doesn't.
    That's another story. I think spending time devising a solution that doesn't involve mismatches is best. In any case, that's not what I was looking at. At this point, the Season consists of 3 more Wars, which won't balance it out either way.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Just end the season. What more has to happen before you end this season early and focus on fixing the issue.

Time. If we need to end the season, we'll look into that, but we can't do it right now. We'll be able to look at that in the early next week.
    @Kabam Miike yet you done it once before on ending season for this exact same reason
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Nuclekerr said:

Are there any other games as unreliable as this one has consistently been? None seem to come close to as many problems as this one has or are there others?

Honestly up to this current sequence of problems I haven't had a lot of problems recently with the game itself running. Problems with things going on in the game perhaps, but not with the game actually being up and running. The problems recently have tended to be a lot less severe. And all games I've played have had small glitches and downtime problems here and there.

This is almost certainly not another separate problem from the recent downtime, but some additional symptom of the larger issues that were causing massive instability over multiple days. It is possible, and maybe probable that the repeated issues didn't just affect the particular system components that those issues were contained in, but have caused other kinds of subtle corruption or system wide problems in the game that won't be easy to just sweep for and find.

In fact based on the announcement and reports of alliances getting late matches, it sounds like the match system wasn't just broken which would be easier to spot, but running much slower than normal which was causing alliances to match later and later, and would have eventually led to alliances being unable to find matches before the match period ended. So that's why it was taken down. Running very slowly instead of just not working at all is often a much trickier problem to solve, and a much more difficult problem to detect until you actually put the system back into production.

Keep in mind that however much this impacts us as players, it impacts the operations people supporting the game more. Worse than not playing the game over your weekend is working on the game over your weekend. I'm pretty sure they would avoid this if they could.
    Yep, and if this ends up being an issue with say a 3rd party hosting service or something else that's not directly in their control it makes it even harder to actually address. I'm not sure if that's the case but I'd assume they do use some 3rd party hosting to an extent and they're still the ones that take the brunt of the backlash for issues with them unfortunately

You know.. hard core alliance war players in upper tiers change their mastery setups just for defence right? 80-90 units to change to defence. 100-120 to switch back to suicides.

All that when we had no arena to grind those units. While I'm thankful that you cancelled war when it could be unstable. I'm annoyed at the fact I keep having to waste units switching mastery setups.

I'm also concerned about your plans for alliance war. With the new matchmaking not roadblocking us anymore, we've progressed to Platinum 2, beating alliances who placed Platinum 1 and Master. We stood a real chance this season of progressing a lot further considering we've one every war so far, progressing from T4 to T1.

Are you able to confirm if these missed wars could potentially be added onto the end of the season?

You'll have all next season to keep pushing if the season gets cut short. A lot of alliances are getting far easier matches than they should have right now anyway so rankings this season were never actually going to be realistically indicative of where most will regularly place
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    🧐some folks will be getting screwed since they canceled the entire AW season and didn't do the require entries because they thought they could do them later
    bm3epps said:

🧐some folks will be getting screwed since they canceled the entire AW season and didn't do the require entries because they thought they could do them later

If you haven't participated in at least 2 wars by now, well I don't know what to tell you
  • There's no perfect answer now. Inevitably Kabam will take flack no matter what's decided. They end the Season, those that were on the rise will be upset that they didn't have the final 6 to push further. Those that are ambivalent or suffering from the new matchmaking will likely praise the decision as things are simply a mess right now. Although those that are still adjusting to the new matchmaking will likely benefit from the Season continuing and starting closer to where they're more competitive next Season as a result. I see the myriad of sides (as there are more ways to look at this) and understand the desire that stems from all. Frankly, I'm good with whatever happens at this point. Hopefully moving forward we can run those final 3 wars. If not, oh well there's always next Season to push forward.

You know.. hard core alliance war players in upper tiers change their mastery setups just for defence right? 80-90 units to change to defence. 100-120 to switch back to suicides.

All that when we had no arena to grind those units. While I'm thankful that you cancelled war when it could be unstable. I'm annoyed at the fact I keep having to waste units switching mastery setups.

I'm also concerned about your plans for alliance war. With the new matchmaking not roadblocking us anymore, we've progressed to Platinum 2, beating alliances who placed Platinum 1 and Master. We stood a real chance this season of progressing a lot further considering we've one every war so far, progressing from T4 to T1.

Are you able to confirm if these missed wars could potentially be added onto the end of the season?

You'll have all next season to keep pushing if the season gets cut short. A lot of alliances are getting far easier matches than they should have right now anyway so rankings this season were never actually going to be realistically indicative of where most will regularly place
    I know that, but its kind of demoralising when you're pushing for a season, we're currently P2 Rank 24, another 2-3 good wins could have put us into master. Unfortunately we haven't had easy match ups, most ours have been similar sizes, and all of them have been our rank or above in the last recorded war season. Majority P1/Master.

I'd rather see the season extended. Yes this is more pain for some, but if matchmaking isnt sorted this season, we're going to have more of the same next season.
    I get that. Personally, with how bad of a joke rankings were always going to be this season I'd rather see it cut short. At least next season would start closer to realistic matches.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,621 Guardian
    With all due respect to those who's Defensive Champs are now LOCKED into a non-existent AW...

Don’t you think, knowing that last war had problems, and seeing here that ppl were already saying it was well past the time that they normally find a match and hadn’t as of that time, and that even the earliest Ally’s that did match was much later than normal...

That you might have wanted to WAIT until at least the FULL MATCHING 4-Hour Timeframe came to an end, and seeing first that there wasn’t a flood of complaints saying “No Match”, BEFORE jumping in at your earliest, and placing your Defenders...

Knowing what happened last time to Defenders being locked.

Kabam came out with their Announcement to Cancel the War (and even the update to include the next war after that), BEFORE the full 4-Hour Matching period had even ended.

Just saying... (and a suggestion for Next Week's Wars, if they are still going to run, just in case....)
  • greedo95greedo95 Posts: 6

are they going to compensate for the rewards lost in the solo alliance war event currently running as well ?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    bm3epps said:

For each war they’ve cancelled they’ve reduced the participation required by one, in effect it is as if everyone participated in the canceled wars. So far from screwing people over participation they’ve made it easier to get season credit. There’s absolutely no one who would have gotten participation that won’t because of the cancels, and actually there are players who will get participation that originally wouldn’t have.

So bottom line 3 wars total (as of now) are being cancelled and the requirement for participation is now just 2.

If you meant that canceling the season from here would cause people to get screwed out of participation, then given the pattern Kabam has been following so far if they cancelled the last three wars in the season (10, 11, 12) then I would assume they would decrease participation requirement to zero, as they would have canceled 6 wars and thus should assume players could have participated in five of the six to get credit, and give everyone participation credit to be safe.

I mean, just look at 3rd place. Come on...

Hence I'd rather those wars so it balances completely. Imagine being the poor alliances who have taken a beating all season, finally got a realistic match-up and bang, season cancelled. They may have got higher, they may have got lower.

So far, were personally on something like a 15 win streak and tied with 4Loki on war ratings.
    And you think that's a realistic rating?
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★

With all due respect to those who's Defensive Champs are now LOCKED into a non-existent AW...

Don’t you think, knowing that last war had problems, and seeing here that ppl were already saying it was well past the time that they normally find a match and hadn’t as of that time, and that even the earliest Ally’s that did match was much later than normal...

That you might have wanted to WAIT until at least the FULL MATCHING 4-Hour Timeframe came to an end, and seeing first that there wasn’t a flood of complaints saying “No Match”, BEFORE jumping in at your earliest, and placing your Defenders...

Knowing what happened last time to Defenders being locked.

Kabam came out with their Announcement to Cancel the War (and even the update to include the next war after that), BEFORE the full 4-Hour Matching period had even ended.

Just saying... (and a suggestion for Next Week's Wars, if they are still going to run, just in case....)

:o I don't know when I last read something you posted that I didn't agree with. This is probably a first lol

But really?? Like it's that easy to have 30 different ppl from different walks of life, different parts of the world, to be all readily available to log in - with the required champs free and ready to drop at the right nodes just a little before match making is supposed to start - as opposed to during the 24h it's meant to be done - as per kbm's own set up - and when ppl can do it due to their schedule...

Just saying ;)
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Just cancel season AW 19