**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Phone is getting exceptionally hot again...

NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
Since the latest update my iPhone X is getting super hot playing this game again almost at the very start of opening the app and entering the first fights.

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    blame the phone. Try contacting apple support
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★

This happened in the past as well. It was the game.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    NikoBravo said:

It was only happening on iPhones. Tough to pin that on the game. Maybe androids have a protective ice layer? 🤔
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    There was an iOS update that caused the battery to overheat as it was an bug at apple’s side. The thread was filled with post blaming kabam because it only overheated when playing their game. Me played their game of course the phone overheated, but it also did overheat when watching YouTube, Facebook and so on. So it wasn’t kabam’s side.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    DarthPhal said:

NikoBravo said:

It was only happening on iPhones. Tough to pin that on the game. Maybe androids have a protective ice layer? 🤔
    Well I’m playing on an iPhone, and yes it is happening again. Others in my alliance have noticed the same.

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s the developer that does the coding for the game and not the phone maker. Especially since it was fine prior to the update.
    I’m off the subject, but what does OP means?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    This is from 2 years ago, but I recently got a new iPhone and had my phone heating up. They helped me.

Check out ilacskills videos on the subject.

https://youtu.be/w3y0C1etMqU

https://youtu.be/Y5YgdZ09sbg

I don’t much care for the guy, person opinion, but these videos helped me.

@NikoBravo
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    NikoBravo said:

DarthPhal said:

NikoBravo said:

Well I’m playing on an iPhone, and yes it is happening again. Others in my alliance have noticed the same.

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s the developer that does the coding for the game and not the phone maker. Especially since it was fine prior to the update.
    you are wrong, it takes coding from all sorts of people to make a game work, the developer, apple engineers, and typically device engineers. The developers use a SDK, which is coding from other people. Last time it was an apple update as has been stated.

That being said I am using an Ipad pro with no issues.
  • ultramaskultramask Posts: 4
    Definitely the game. I am having the same issue since update. It’s not just hot, it’s exceptionally hot in matter of minutes
    Try putting your phone at airplane mode while enabling WiFi and enable your phone to be at silent mode. This mode ensure that mcoc works at best with its performance. This also prevent the phone from retrieving texts and phone calls. Of course close all the apps, but leave the game on and maybe it’s 50/50 that your phone won’t overheat in minutes?
  • This is definitely happening to me too.. It starts getting really hot very quickly and then starts lagging. I can't play for too long at a time. I'm on an iPhone X.
  • FireflyFirefly Posts: 4
    Is there any update on this issue? I cannot log in for more than 5-10 minutes at a time now...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Firefly said:

Is there any update on this issue? I cannot log in for more than 5-10 minutes at a time now...

last time it was an iphone issue, and IOS was just recently updated.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    NikoBravo said:

Since the latest update my iPhone X is getting super hot playing this game again almost at the very start of opening the app and entering the first fights.

Dont worry, it’s just your phone’s warm up before the battle. It’s getting ready to fight.
  • We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the game and the performance of it on your device. The best way we can look into this is having you head over to our iOS specific thread and fill out our provided template.
This discussion has been closed.