**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Claire Voyant and Mighty Charge [Title edited for clarity]

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues

I was testing out Claire today against the mighty charge path in variant 4.1.2. I noticed that she wasn't gaining Clairevoyance charges and power when they purified the debuffs she places with her curse effects on their dash attacks, but she was gaining charges and power when she failed to parry their dash attack. I'm pretty sure these two effects count as purification by an immunity according to her description, but it seems to be inconsistent.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I was testing out Claire today against the mighty charge path in variant 4.1.2. I noticed that she wasn't gaining Clairevoyance charges and power when they purified the debuffs she places with her curse effects on their dash attacks, but she was gaining charges and power when she failed to parry their dash attack. I'm pretty sure these two effects count as purification by an immunity according to her description, but it seems to be inconsistent.

She also doesn't gain power or Claire charges when her buff immunity is purified on their dash.
    Also, just tested it out on a taskmaster, and it's the same irregularity as with mighty charge above. When his natural debuff immunity kicks in, her curse effect debuffs don't apply due to that, but she doesn't gain power or charges. With the stun from parry not applying, she does. What's going on?
    HI_guys said:

Also, just tested it out on a taskmaster, and it's the same irregularity as with mighty charge above. When his natural debuff immunity kicks in, her curse effect debuffs don't apply due to that, but she doesn't gain power or charges. With the stun from parry not applying, she does. What's going on?

That's weird. I used to use her against Taskmaster before and it used to work fine
    I don't know if it's specific to that variant path, or part of the new update tho...
    By the way, I'm nowhere near max Clairevoyant charges in any of these examples, so there's that.
    I also noticed something weird with champs that shrug off or "purify" debuffs as part of their base kit, like kingpin and agent venom. Their shrug off is treated as purification with respect to omega red's abilities, should it not be the same with Claire?

I'm pushing hard because I want to invest so much in my new 5*, if there are so many derogatory bugs and issues with the character, I wouldn't want to feel as if I'm wasting resources on her.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I also noticed something weird with champs that shrug off or "purify" debuffs as part of their base kit, like kingpin and agent venom. Their shrug off is treated as purification with respect to omega red's abilities, should it not be the same with Claire?

I'm pushing hard because I want to invest so much in my new 5*, if there are so many derogatory bugs and issues with the character, I wouldn't want to feel as if I'm wasting resources on her.

It has to be purified as a result of an immunity, those are purified because of tenacity, not immunities
    Lormif said:

It has to be purified as a result of an immunity, those are purified because of tenacity, not immunities
    Well, the contrasting descriptions seem a bit confusing
    HI_guys said:

Hey it's alright. For Claire to gain charges immunity is a prerequisite.
    But regarding the other part, I have her at r5. Hence the reason I pushed so hard for the other bug. But let me tell you she's absolutely worth all the resources. It's just one or two bugs in niche situations that affect her.

They don't even hinder her abilities and potential. Just a minor annoyance. Absolute beast mode if a mystic champion. She can do almost all fights.
    Oh, thanks for the advice!
    Was hunting hard for her because I needed a mystic beast, and a suicides Slayer! She fills those 2 categories extremely well, and her not relying on awakening is very nice. In fact, she gives me a reason to run suicides full time, lol.

With these bugs, she's still a top 3 mystic champ IMO (if course, it would be nice if they're fixed, lol)
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Not really. Rule of thumb : If immune (and only immune) gain a charge
    Well, when the word "purify" gets involved, confusion sets in.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

its not contrasting, clairs ability litterally states it works if an immunity purifies it, not if it is purified in general.

ABILITIES:

Clairvoyance Charge – Passive
    Claire starts with 3 charges. Each time she or her Opponent are immune to any effect, or an immunity Purifies a pre-existing effect, she gains 1 charge and 4% of her max Power. Charges stack up to 20.
    After landing or receiving a Light or Medium attack and the Opponent has 1 or more Buffs, a charge is consumed and 1 Buff is Nullified.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

its not contrasting, clairs ability litterally states it works if an immunity purifies it, not if it is purified in general.

ABILITIES:

Claire starts with 3 charges. Each time she or her Opponent are immune to any effect, or an immunity Purifies a pre-existing effect, she gains 1 charge and 4% of her max Power. Charges stack up to 20.
    After landing or receiving a Light or Medium attack and the Opponent has 1 or more Buffs, a charge is consumed and 1 Buff is Nullified.
    Oh, thanks for the insight. I figured it out by thinking about how void's and havok's purification work.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

ABILITIES:

So, this is probably the last post I can make in this discussion for a while (gotta go back to school now), does this also apply to buffet and masochism nodes? Does she gain Clairevoyance charges in those matchups? Don't have enough time to test this out, but if somebody could be kind enough to leave am answer for me to see when I come back, that'll be cool 🙂
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

ABILITIES:

So, this is probably the last post I can make in this discussion for a while (gotta go back to school now), does this also apply to buffet and masochism nodes? Does she gain Clairevoyance charges in those matchups? Don't have enough time to test this out, but if somebody could be kind enough to leave am answer for me to see when I come back, that'll be cool 🙂
    Yes buffet and masochism give her charges and prevent the healing

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

ABILITIES:

Oh, thanks for the quick reply!
  • We've passed the information along to the rest of the team. If you happen to have any video of this occurring, you can share it here and we will pass it on to the team as well.
    edited August 2020

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

ABILITIES:

Lol, it actually doesn't, just tested it. Just gains power from MD, but no charges or power from her abilities. But that might not be a problem tho... Cuz I guess it works in the same way as purification of debuffs not due to immunities do.

We've passed the information along to the rest of the team. If you happen to have any video of this occurring, you can share it here and we will pass it on to the team as well.

Cool! Through YouTube?
    In the above video, I parried at the start of the fight, the parry icon came up for a split second, and there was charge gain plus power from her abilities since the mighty charge node disabled the stun from sticking. When I placed bleeds and he dashed in, they were removed, but there was no power or charge gain. I didn't use the Ronin fight for illustration, because he has some AAR which could have attributed to the failure, Cull has no such abilities.
    https://youtu.be/WQiqiSsCxWQ

Here's another against taskmaster. It more clearly shows the parry and damaging debuff disparity, as well as some irregularities with respect to taskmaster's debuff immunity.
    All clips are from variant 4.1.2 mighty charge path.
    https://youtu.be/7Ud88qsn-As

Here's another example, in this infinity man fight, at the start he's bleed immune due to his armor. When I tried to bleed him, I gained charges and power. When the armor fell off, I could bleed him again, but when it came back and the bleeds were purified due to immunity, I don't gain charges or power. The word "immunity" is clearly stated in both of their descriptions
    https://youtu.be/NGFRbGOM4qg

Here's the last one against annihilus. It states he's immune to incoming stun debuffs when his rod is active, he was, but I didn't gain Claire charges.
    Those are the materials I could gather.
    Any updates?
  • The team has reviewed the interaction and determined that it isn't a bug. The way Mighty Charge has worked is that it actually Purifies any Buffs when it activates, and then makes the defender Immune to further Debuffs until the dash ends. Since it isn't an Immunity removing the Debuffs, but rather a separate Purify removing the Debuffs before they become Immune, this wouldn't give Claire any charges. The team is working on updating the description of Mighty Charge to more accurately reflect its functionality.