**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prefight not working in AW [Merged Thread]

13»

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

Lormif said:

RakeYoung said:

Lormif said:

the first person that gave them the information they requested was 2 days ago, give them more feed back and information if you want it to get fixed faster.

@Lormif thanks, yeah its partly why I'm trying to keep the thread alive for visibility in case someone else has come across this.
    there is no issue with keeping visibility, there is an issue getting mad about not having it fixed when no one is responding to their request for information which is likely needed to fix it.
    Of course player feedback would be helpful but they can also test it themselves, right ??
    this is not just player feedback, this is information on what a player is seeing.

As a developer if one of my people come and say "I see x", I test it, if I am not seeing it I go back and ask for more information. If they dont give me that information and come back demanding why it is not fixed I am going to point out, because you did not give me the information I needed.

Testing can only get you so far, especially with an intermittent problem like this. IF all the variables causing it does not line up on their test accounts they will not be able to duplicate it, so they need the people seeing the issue to report what is going on.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    JADESE7EN said:

I tried it 2 wars. when I activate prefight, first it didnt show yellow diamond so I exit the map and go back in and the yellow diamond icon shows up and prefight working as it should be @Kabam Miike

Very good! It would be great if we had more information similar to the above answer, per our previous inquiry. In case you missed it:

Normally, a yellow diamond icon indicating a pre-fight ability should be seen next to the defender buffs on the pre-fight screen. Could you please take note of whether the yellow diamond icon is there when you get to the pre-fight screen; IF NOT, please exit the map and go back in, and note if the yellow diamond icon shows up then. This information would be wildly helpful to us! Please share when you can.

We apologise for the delay but we find ourselves in need of the above information from you, our lovely players, in order to further this troubleshooting process. We appreciate your help and dedication and look forward to resolving this with your help! Cheers!
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited September 2020
    @Lormif is right. If they cannot reproduce the problem, it becomes QUITE the task to repair it. How are they going to fix something that they themselves are having trouble proving that it's broken? Sure players have shown via video evidence that it's broken. That helps, but it's by no means something that guarantees Kabam reproducing the condition. Intermittent issues are in my opinion hands down the worst kind of issue to troubleshoot. While very frustrating for the players it's equally frustrating for those chasing it down.

As it stands, it appears this is very intermittent because I've yet to experience it. I utilize HT and Stealthy quite frequently across many game modes and the Pre-Fight ability has worked as per design everytime (yes, also in AQ & AW). That's ultimately the problem here. It's working sometimes, and not working other times. Someone posted a work around on page 2 and personally I'm going to alert my Alliance mates to utilize the work around regardless if they've experienced this or not. I haven't heard anyone complain about it and MANY use both HT & Stealthy in my crew. Still, better to be proactive.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

JADESE7EN said:

I tried it 2 wars. when I activate prefight, first it didnt show yellow diamond so I exit the map and go back in and the yellow diamond icon shows up and prefight working as it should be @Kabam Miike

Very good! It would be great if we had more information similar to the above answer, per our previous inquiry. In case you missed it:

Normally, a yellow diamond icon indicating a pre-fight ability should be seen next to the defender buffs on the pre-fight screen. Could you please take note of whether the yellow diamond icon is there when you get to the pre-fight screen; IF NOT, please exit the map and go back in, and note if the yellow diamond icon shows up then. This information would be wildly helpful to us! Please share when you can.

We apologise for the delay but we find ourselves in need of the above information from you, our lovely players, in order to further this troubleshooting process. We appreciate your help and dedication and look forward to resolving this with your help! Cheers!

I can’t tag Kabam Boo but I provided that information with screenshots in this thread.

Is that sufficient or do we need 10 more examples?
  • Hey there, if you have a video, could you upload it to a site like youtube and share it with us here?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

Here you go! It looks like the charge may have come back because of my awakened ability, but you'll see my nova flames never happen. I know you hate it, but I'd at least like the potions back I had to use To go back into the fight.

https://youtu.be/plOEBfb2ERc

After you activate it you will notice there is no gold diamond next to the node options, as you should see on its activation. When you see that exit the fight and reenter. this is a known bug they are working on, but this will work around it.
  • Thanks for sharing the video @jdeck59! We really appreciate it. This issue is one that our team is currently looking into resolving, so we've gone ahead and merged your thread into the main thread that we have going for it so that the team can more easily access the detail and info that have been reported. Once we have more info for everyone, we'll provide updates here.
  • SecretAlibiSecretAlibi Posts: 1
    https://youtu.be/KYekFdfgRE8

Just happened to me in AW. Almost cost me the solo on mojo boss. This needs to be fixed, it’s been over a year since this issue has been brought to your attention. @Kabam Zibiit
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

https://youtu.be/KYekFdfgRE8

Just happened to me in AW. Almost cost me the solo on mojo boss. This needs to be fixed, it’s been over a year since this issue has been brought to your attention. @Kabam Zibiit

Yep. I had it happen on a Sasquatch boss and a Thing Mini with stealth cost us a bonus. Really fun time.