**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Regarding changes to Domino

2»

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

ZEN said:

This is a nerf and we should get a Rank down ticket. It's total BS. It's already been two years since she was released and they just decided to nerf her after using so much resources.

She's not going to work any different than before. Her abilities just won't interact with Guardians synergy. Shes the EXACT SAME CHAMP. You didn't rank her up for her block, you ranked her up for her attack abilities. You people are so ridiculous. You don't take time to understand the changes or read the threads, just go off comments and then start asking for RDT's. This community gets worse and worse every single day.
    I agree there is no nerf here. She still works exactly as intended.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited August 2020
    @Rodomontade_Boi , If you followed the original thread regarding this synergy and resulting changes, you can see all the calculations, reasoning, back-n-forth discussion between players and Kabam, and final solution, etc...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/215561/changes-to-guardian
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Some of my replies never made it here, but I would just appreciate some clarity as to why it was stated that lucky is a pre requisite when it isn't. That's all I ask for, transparency.

Lucky is a prerequisite for the power gain. Domino can still trigger a perfect block in all the same ways as all other champs.
    Its not rocket science. In fact its not even science its common sense
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Some of my replies never made it here, but I would just appreciate some clarity as to why it was stated that lucky is a pre requisite when it isn't. That's all I ask for, transparency.

I would like this to be replied too.
    Will Domino still be able to perform perfect blocks without being lucky after the change or not?
    @Kabam Miike
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    1) If someone is going to claim they got power gain outside of lucky without external block proficiency, prove it; You’re talking BS without it, i.e. being a raving lunatic.

2) It’s simple math. Domino requires a set value in block proficiency to trigger the power gain and this varies between rank and rarity; because it was balanced around being both lucky and a high roll in bonus BP.

As an example a 6* r1 required 5542.59 in BP to trigger the power gain.

She received (before masteries)
    Base 3075
    Randomly Up to 1366.67
    While Lucky 361.76
    For a total of 4803.43 (which is short the required 5542.59)

With the BP mastery it became possible to hit 5603.43 meeting the requirement for the power gain but only when Lucky and a max roll in The +BP.

Before (without external sources) it was impossible to roll the power gain without being lucky. Now it is possible to roll the power gain without external sources while lucky.

1) If someone is going to claim they got power gain outside of lucky without external block proficiency, prove it; You’re talking BS without it, i.e. being a raving lunatic.

2) It’s simple math. Domino requires a set value in block proficiency to trigger the power gain and this varies between rank and rarity; because it was balanced around being both lucky and a high roll in bonus BP.

Base 3075
    Randomly Up to 1366.67
    While Lucky 361.76

With the BP mastery it became possible to hit 5603.43 meeting the requirement for the power gain but only when Lucky and a max roll in The +BP.

Before (without external sources) it was impossible to roll the power gain without being lucky. Now it is possible to roll the power gain without external sources while lucky.

My Domino is rolling perfect blocks without requiring being lucky now.
    Will she be able to roll the power gain without being lucky after the change?
    That’s what people ask. Still no clear answer on that.
  • Guess the last couple ppl are asking whether the super-super-super-super RARE case of a Mastery Perfect Block (the one that starts out at 1%), or maybe if you had built a team synergy with PerfectBlock (but that is low percent too) would, if triggered, qualify under the Ability for that type of Perfect Block to count towards her Power Gain,
    ???

But that is no basis to have invested in Domino, or even invest in the PerfectBlock mastery.
    And doesn’t sound like the change in wording would have affected the operation of that particular rare occurrence anyways.

So, yes (or maybe) a P.B. Mastery or Synergy based actual PerfectBlock (not one based on achieving a level of BlockProf), may indeed still result in a PowerGain.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Base 3075
    Randomly Up to 1366.67
    While Lucky 361.76

My Domino is rolling perfect blocks without requiring being lucky now.
    Will she be able to roll the power gain without being lucky after the change?
    That’s what people ask. Still no clear answer on that.
    The change doesn’t affect perfect blocks. The change affects domino’s ability to trigger perfect blocks via her block proficiency. She was never able to get power gain without an external block proficiency source prior.

Block Proficiency zero damage blocks are not equal to Perfect Block zero damage blocks.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★

ZEN said:

This is a nerf and we should get a Rank down ticket. It's total BS. It's already been two years since she was released and they just decided to nerf her after using so much resources.

She's not going to work any different than before. Her abilities just won't interact with Guardians synergy. Shes the EXACT SAME CHAMP. You didn't rank her up for her block, you ranked her up for her attack abilities. You people are so ridiculous. You don't take time to understand the changes or read the threads, just go off comments and then start asking for RDT's. This community gets worse and worse every single day.
    your comments on this thread are so incredibly negative, nasty and toxic. I've seen others banned from the forums for far less conduct, yet you remain immune it seems. You have contributed nothing on this thread beyond attacking other people's comments directly and saying the community here is terrible. Maybe you're part of the problem dude. I've never seen a positive, amicable comment from you. Ever.

Mods, how is this allowed on a daily basis?
    You aren't looking hard enough then.
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks,

Great observations and great questions! Note that the changes we have made to Domino’s interaction with Guardian synergy does not change Domino’s gameplay (use her as you would). However, we do apologise that we have missed an important note in her description, which we will rectify very soon!

Please see below for a TLDR:

Going forward, Domino’s “Perfect Block” ability will not be affected by Guardian’s synergy.

Instead, Domino’s “Perfect Block” ability can be triggered by

i) Lucky + max roll Block Proficiency = Perfect Block + BONUS Power

or

ii) Well-Timed Block + high roll Block Proficiency = Perfect Block + BONUS Power

We hope this clears things up!

Really thanks for clarifying it officially.
    Also, thanks to these that took the time to add information on the issue @SummonerNR @CoatHang3r 🙂
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    I wonder what are mods still doing and not banning the most negative headed person in this entire forum..I have never seen any decent reply. Shame
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★

ZEN said:

your comments on this thread are so incredibly negative, nasty and toxic. I've seen others banned from the forums for far less conduct, yet you remain immune it seems. You have contributed nothing on this thread beyond attacking other people's comments directly and saying the community here is terrible. Maybe you're part of the problem dude. I've never seen a positive, amicable comment from you. Ever.

Mods, how is this allowed on a daily basis?
    He might be a part of the mod team I guess, yesterday a new guy into this game & forum got bashed by his negative replies, he felt insulted, glad there were lots of People who supported the guy and cleared his doubts. @Nick_Caine_32
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited August 2020
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks,

Great observations and great questions! Note that the changes we have made to Domino’s interaction with Guardian synergy does not change Domino’s gameplay (use her as you would). However, we do apologise that we have missed an important note in her description, which we will rectify very soon!

Going forward, Domino’s “Perfect Block” ability will not be affected by Guardian’s synergy.

or

ii) Well-Timed Block + high roll Block Proficiency = Perfect Block + BONUS Power

Thanks BOO, but I think one aspect was missed (at least as far as some of what people were asking). That is whether achieving a rare Perfect Block from their own Mastery, or other champ synergies (not Guardian) that increase Perfect Block (just P.B. itself, not related to BlockProf or Parry Block) will result in the PowerGain aspect of her ability ??
    Or if PowerGain from Perfect Block is ONLY from the Block Prof threshold related version of her Perfect Block ??

Also, (and admittedly, don’t know, maybe @DNA3000 would know more precise), I wasn’t aware that doing a Parry actually resulted in a higher Block Proficiency statistic (and thus could actually contribute to Domino Block Prof calculations). Thought the Parry just reduced damage in some other calculation, without actually bumping up the Block Prof number. ??
    (** because if Parry can contribute, that could be why there are people saying they do a lot of Power Gains without ever being Lucky before)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks,

or

Thanks BOO, but I think one aspect was missed (at least as far as some of what people were asking). That is whether achieving a rare Perfect Block from their own Mastery, or other champ synergies (not Guardian) that increase Perfect Block (just P.B. itself, not related to BlockProf or Parry Block) will result in the PowerGain aspect of her ability ??
    Or if PowerGain from Perfect Block is ONLY from the Block Prof threshold related version of her Perfect Block ??

Also, (and admittedly, don’t know, maybe @DNA3000 would know more precise), I wasn’t aware that doing a Parry actually resulted in a higher Block Proficiency statistic (and thus could actually contribute to Domino Block Prof calculations). Thought the Parry just reduced damage in some other calculation, without actually bumping up the Block Prof number. ??
    (** because if Parry can contribute, that could be why there are people saying they do a lot of Power Gains without ever being Lucky before)
    Parry works its magic in a special way, adding directly to block proficiency after DR calculates it from your block stat. This was discussed in the way back time of 12.0. Parry used to just be a bonus to your block stat. But when 12.0 converted your block proficiency into a block stat it originally just turned Parry into a block stat bonus. But because of the way diminishing returns works, that extra block stat bonus didn't really do anything, especially for champs with high block already (that's what diminishing returns does: it takes bonuses you stack on top of already high stats and makes them give ever decreasing benefit). This basically made Parry (at least the block damage mitigation part of it) almost worthless. So in 12.0.1 (or 12.1, I forget which) Kabam changed Parry to make it apply as a flat bonus after DR calculations, so its +25% damage mitigation would always have the same 25 percentage point damage mitigation value no matter how high or low your block stat was.

So - and I'm trying to use the terminology correctly here - Parry doesn't increase your block stat, but it does increase your block proficiency (which is the strength of your block after DR calculates it) and that's how it decreases the damage you take when you land a well-timed block.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    For further clarification, the bonus power is only activated by "Lucky + max roll Block Proficiency" or "Well-Timed Block + high roll Block Proficiency". Not any Perfect Block can trigger this effect. Before our change this effect worked like this too, it only triggered if Domino had enough Block Proficiency.

I hope this answers your question! Have a magical day!
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks,

or

Thank you for the clarification on her ability description!
    And that the power gain can trigger without lucky too. (I guess I have common sense after all Mr. V :))
    Also,my apologies for the mess this thread created. The intention was to seek some clarity but it derailed a bit unfortunately. Thank you nonetheless!