**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When you complete the aw map 100% with fewer KOs...and it still doesn't matter

13»

Comments

• Dropfaith wrote: »
    Symie5 wrote: »
    @Dropfaith I couldn't disagree more. You can change the content to the point that it functionally changes a champ without changing the champ directly. I have a 5/50 Mordo and a 3/45 Mordo. Someone else in my BG has a 4/55 Mordo. That means both are now useless to me lol. Just as useless as if they had directly nerfed them. AW is a major part of the game and the new version directly affects the usefulness of champs

Exactly this ^^^. They haven't changed the champs. But they so significantly changed the content of the game itself that many champs who people poured resources into ranking are now basically useless. I have at least four champs I ranked to R5 (that's at least 12 tier 4 class catalysts, and 20 tier 4 basis catalysts, not to mention all the t1 alphas, gold and iso I used) solely for the purpose of building an effective AW defense. Now those champs are sitting on my roster, good for nothing but supplementary use in arenas.

And? Still no changes to the champ. So no rank downs needed. You made choices to rank. Kabam did nothing to change who you ranked.. why you choose is.not a valid reason

That's like saying I ranked drax for lol but then I got starlord so I no longer need drax can I get a ticket

^^^ 100% this. Love the drax/starlord comparison.

Those that wanted the competitive advantage in AW by ranking champs for that purpose reaped the benefits of them for a long time. Absolutely no one told you to do it. You did this by your own choice.

Now they've changed the content, which they can do at any time, and you're paying the price for your shortsightedness. Sucks a ton, but lesson learned. It's possible they issue rdt, which I hope they do not, to bail you out of your faulty decisions.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    @Dropfaith I couldn't disagree more. You can change the content to the point that it functionally changes a champ without changing the champ directly. I have a 5/50 Mordo and a 3/45 Mordo. Someone else in my BG has a 4/55 Mordo. That means both are now useless to me lol. Just as useless as if they had directly nerfed them. AW is a major part of the game and the new version directly affects the usefulness of champs

Exactly this ^^^. They haven't changed the champs. But they so significantly changed the content of the game itself that many champs who people poured resources into ranking are now basically useless. I have at least four champs I ranked to R5 (that's at least 12 tier 4 class catalysts, and 20 tier 4 basis catalysts, not to mention all the t1 alphas, gold and iso I used) solely for the purpose of building an effective AW defense. Now those champs are sitting on my roster, good for nothing but supplementary use in arenas.

And? Still no changes to the champ. So no rank downs needed. You made choices to rank. Kabam did nothing to change who you ranked.. why you choose is.not a valid reason

That's like saying I ranked drax for lol but then I got starlord so I no longer need drax can I get a ticket

Those that wanted the competitive advantage in AW by ranking champs for that purpose reaped the benefits of them for a long time. Absolutely no one told you to do it. You did this by your own choice.

Now they've changed the content, which they can do at any time, and you're paying the price for your shortsightedness. Sucks a ton, but lesson learned. It's possible they issue rdt, which I hope they do not, to bail you out of your faulty decisions.

Absolutely learned their lesson.

Lesson is; don't spend money or time on this game, you will eventually regret it.

You are like a broken record in this thread. We get what happened.

You are missing the point. Place a value of your defenders based on the old system.

Average defender kills for a 5/50 Mordo for example = 2.

Assuming you have the 2nd Mordo, his value in war was worth an average net gain of 200 points in war. (50 for placement plus 2 kills = 200 pts minus 50 pts for the other team killing him) Now his value is ZERO (50 to place minus their 50 for the kill)

You can't just keep saying they haven't changed champs. They have absolutely changed their value in war.

There are a few fixes they could apply... and rank down tickets are an option.
  • Fthewigg wrote: »

Lesson is; don't spend money or time on this game, you will eventually regret it.

Again I agree with your point of view on this whole fiasco if I've learned ANYTHING from all of this it's that spending on this game for immediate gain is a horrible idea because eventually they will make all of your investments absolutely pointless
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Fthewigg wrote: »

Again I agree with your point of view on this whole fiasco if I've learned ANYTHING from all of this it's that spending on this game for immediate gain is a horrible idea because eventually they will make all of your investments absolutely pointless

Don't spend money on games...period. If you want something far more meaningful then spend them on far more pleasurable debaucheries. :)
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    No champ was changed no rank down tickets should come..

Any time they make a fundamental change to a part of the game that negates playability for those wh have used resources to build it up, we should get some kind of compensation.

IA lot of us have spend resources (not talking about money) building rosters and ranking up great defensive champs
    MrMojo wrote: »
    MrMojo wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »
    While the system is indeed incredibly dumb, by this point everyone should be well aware how it works, so instead of posting your screenshots here and whining about it (it's been done enough, and kabam most likely isn't gonna revert it) how about you place those 150 unique defenders instead?
    Seeing screenshots with <100 diversity is pretty hilarious though - what did you expect going into that war, exactly?

Point is to highlight the horrible scoring system and how it takes away from the fun of the game. Whining not included.

Point is the system was announced two weeks ago and you've had 5 wars and still can't follow a simple winning plan you deserve to lose

I understand what you're saying, but are you capable of understanding other peoples points, issues and concerns.

No, he's not. It's not about the inequity and the fact that people have spent time and resources to rank up champions.
    He just likes to snipe at people and be contrary.

He's just a troll.
    Shutting up and not crying is an option as well.
    Changing their value does not change the champion.
    They release 5 stars it didn't change your 4s it certainly de valued them tho and no tickets.

I'm not going to shut up about it while I still play the game. War is the only part I like and they completely broke it. Me shutting up will be when I quit the game... but I want the people at Kabam to know how their community feels about the changes.

Adding someone of greater value doesn't diminish the value of anyone I have currently. A 5* SL in now way impacts the current value of my 4*. Sure I may use the 4* less, but if I brought a 5* and a 4* to war, they are both still good.

You can not duplicate champs in war. If you do, you will lose.
    Defensive champs lost significant value.

I really don't even understand how anyone can't see that.

I don't even want rank down tickets. I want Kabam to fix war so diversity doesn't count as much and they bring back defender kills.

Offering rank down tickets is another option so people can use the value that was placed in their now worthless defenders.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »

It would be closer to you convincing me to buy a boat, and then after I do, draining the lake it is in the middle of. Still not the best analogy, but it is up to Kabam to decide if they wish to change their RDT policy, not us. We can make a case as to why they should, and that is it. That is what some people are doing (others are just begging for RDT at any chance). I think they would be a nice gesture in a small number, but only if they go to Alliance-wide diversity with no Defender kill points.

Draining the lake doesn't devalue the boat it makes you decide to move it elsewhere
    Hrmm just like defenders people choose to.rank up

You kinda made my point

Hmm... So... let us move our resources elsewhere, just like the boat... which would take RDTs... ;)
    You kinda made my point.
  • I love how kabam wont even respond to all these complaints about war now. Maybe they've got the week of for inventory or something.
  • Fthewigg wrote: »

Don't spend money on games...period. If you want something far more meaningful then spend them on far more pleasurable debaucheries. :)

YOURE NOT MY MOM!

Yeah, either he's trolling or he's Drax IRL.

ozbuk.jpg
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    edited September 2017

Yeah, either he's trolling or he's Drax IRL.

ozbuk.jpg

No, I think he has a hard line on his opinion that he won't cross. While reducing the usefulness of a champ is similar to changing a champ, it is not the same. IMO rank downs are something that probably never should have been used in the first place. Though, I also don't think they should have made any changes to any of the champs. These champs weren't idle, they help everyone get stuff up to this point. Stinks that they aren't as useful anymore, but you still need all of them for AW now, so its not like you won't use them anymore. There are some solid points made, but I don't think RDT are appropriate to this situation.

Blowing up this stupid idea for war and coming up with something good would be appropriate to this situation.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★

It would be closer to you convincing me to buy a boat, and then after I do, draining the lake it is in the middle of. Still not the best analogy, but it is up to Kabam to decide if they wish to change their RDT policy, not us. We can make a case as to why they should, and that is it. That is what some people are doing (others are just begging for RDT at any chance). I think they would be a nice gesture in a small number, but only if they go to Alliance-wide diversity with no Defender kill points.

Draining the lake doesn't devalue the boat it makes you decide to move it elsewhere
    Hrmm just like defenders people choose to.rank up

You kinda made my point

Hmm... So... let us move our resources elsewhere, just like the boat... which would take RDTs... ;)
    You kinda made my point.

You don't own the champions you own the boat and would be on your own to move it elsewhere .

I (Kabam) would be under zero need to assist you (rdt)

... Not the best with analogies, huh?
    Of course we don't own the champions. We own nothing in the game. And nowhere did I say they were required to do a damn thing. If you want to bring cross-world specifics into things, I would be able to claim damages against you for draining the lake, even assuming you had the legal right to do so, if you did not give a proper warning ahead of time to allow me the option to either buy the boat to put in your lake, or otherwise get it moved before it is stuck in the middle of a muddy lake bottom.
    But while there is no Requirement for them to aid us, as has been mentioned, a case can be made as to why that would be a good idea, be it in RDT form or other changes to the system that do not meet the suggestions I lay out above.
    In short, you can get me to buy a boat, then drain the lake. I am now in a bad place, and you can stick to a strict interpretations of things and be right AND an arse, or you can apologize for not warning me, and helping me get my boat out of the mud. Or something.
  • Hey everyone -

We've asked this before in recent threads that you keep the AW discussion over here on this thread so to avoid from filling the forums with the same discussions over and over. By keeping it all in one centralized place it'll also make it easier for our teams to go through and look at all your feedback.

With that said, I'll be closing this thread so that any discussion pertaining to AW can be continued over there. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.