**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does PI or Challenge rating affect ability accuracy?

TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
Does PI or Challenge rating affect ability accuracy?
Posted twice in case the title gets cut off. I was chatting with my alliance and someone asked this question. I’ve never heard of it but if anyone could shed some light on this that would help out a lot!
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Simple answer is Nope! A more complex answer is that there are some Champions whose abilities rely on things like landing a Critical Hit, and Challenger Rating can affect that, but Ability Accuracy is not affected.

What is challenger rating tho? 🤔
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Simple answer is Nope! A more complex answer is that there are some Champions whose abilities rely on things like landing a Critical Hit, and Challenger Rating can affect that, but Ability Accuracy is not affected.

Rating based off the star and rank of a champ. @DNA3000 has a post about it.
  • Options
    TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
    @Kabam Miike thank you!
    And thank you @Crcrcrc ill go take a look
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

SO challenger rating ( champ PI) does affect some Champs and their abilities. Thanks good to know.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Rating based off the star and rank of a champ. @DNA3000 has a post about it.
    Thank you for asking the question you are a scholar and a gentleman. 🙂
  • Options
    G0311 said:

SO challenger rating ( champ PI) does affect some Champs and their abilities. Thanks good to know.
    Challenge rating and PI are separate
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

G0311 said:

Challenge rating and PI are separate
    Oh ok , misread someone's post early. Got it now.
  • Options
    Champ PI does effect arena points right? is that really the only thing that affects?
  • Options
    Challenger Rating can be seen in your champ's Profile (ie, 60/70/80/90/100/etc), based on the STAR of a champ as well as their RANK within that STAR. Goes up another 10 for each additional Rankup.
    And a 4* r5 champ has Challenger Rating of 100, so does a 5* r3 champ, which as people know are relatively close to each other as far as PI(Rating) and Attack/Health, so that have the same Challenger Rating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    CR itself doesn't affect anything. CR as it comes up against other Champs affects certain stats, based on the opposing CR. Meaning, 100 vs. 100 does more than 80 vs. 100. PI is not tied into CR.
  • Options
    Sorry one last thing, just so I'm clear. Character rating is like from going rank 1 to rank 3 ect. And PI (power index) are the numbers by the individual champ. So lets say I have a fully maxed out 6* Domino with the PI being 15,000, and the same maxed out Domino with a PI being 20,000 because of mastery set up. All things being same except masteries. Will the 20,000 one be more efficient at all the things that character rating helps or is it the same since both character ratings are maxed?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    G0311 said:

Sorry one last thing, just so I'm clear. Character rating is like from going rank 1 to rank 3 ect. And PI (power index) are the numbers by the individual champ. So lets say I have a fully maxed out 6* Domino with the PI being 15,000, and the same maxed out Domino with a PI being 20,000 because of mastery set up. All things being same except masteries. Will the 20,000 one be more efficient at all the things that character rating helps or is it the same since both character ratings are maxed?

The PI would be boosted by masteries and be better at what the masteries do, so the 20,000 one would be better. But they would have the same challenge rating
  • Options
    G0311 said:

The 20,000 one would be better from just those specific things that those higher Masteries affect (like Attack Damage or Health numbers).
    Otherwise the 20,000 vs 15,000 of exact same Rank has no bearing on other internal aspects of character, like their Ability Sig level numbers, etc (unless those are based on Attack/Health or whatever that Mastery affects)

Other example, a higher RANK of a champ (no matter what Star version they are) will have a faster Power Gain from hitting or getting hit. Goes up by an extra 5% for each higher Rank they are. (aka, useful to know when doing Ronan infinite stun)
    But a 15,000 r5 vs a 20,000 higher mastery r5 has no affect on this Power Rate.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers 👍
  • Options
    PI is a gauge, and typically, higher PI means somewhat easier Fights. Although not exclusively. It also depends on Abilities, skill, etc. So it's not an absolute gauge. There are some that are of the school of thought that PI doesn't matter at all, but without getting too much into it, certain things are represented in PI, and it's not just a random number. However, if there is a variation in PI, it's not an automatic indication that something is doable or not. In terms of the Arena, higher PI means more Points.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

G0311 said:

CR is a number that is used in calculations for any stat that is affected by Diminishing Returns, the so-called "flat stats." A common misconception is that your (your champion's) PI affects your stats. It does not. Your *opponent's* CR affects *your* stats, and vice versa. The higher your opponent's CR, the lower your own stats that are affected by Diminishing Returns become.

Think of CR as a power dampener. When you face an opponent with CR 100, your own stats drop by a small amount because of that CR. If you face an opponent with CR 120, your own stats drop by a slightly larger amount due to the higher CR. Notice that I'm not mentioning your CR. Your CR doesn't matter here. What your CR does is reduce *the opponent's* stats. So if your champ has CR 100, the thing you're fighting will have its stats drop by a small amount. If you bring a champ with CR 120 to that fight instead, the defender's stats will drop by a slightly higher amount.

Your CR weakens what you fight. Their CR weakens you. Your CR does not in any way help you, nor does your opponent's CR in any way make them stronger or weaker. And the difference between your CR and your opponent's CR means nothing. But CR does affect combat, because CR values are actually used in combat to calculate certain effects.

This is *only* for the flat stats affected by DR. This is discussed in my Combat Mechanics FAQ, see: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/176360/frequently-asked-questions-about-combat-and-combat-mechanics . From that FAQ:
    Q: Which stats are flat stats?
    A: Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration, Physical Resistance, Energy Resistance.
    As far as I'm aware, PI has no direct impact on combat. Of course a champ with a higher PI will tend to have higher stats, and when you boost certain stats with masteries your PI will go up. But the actual number value of PI does not affect anything in combat that I'm aware of. It doesn't "mean" anything when it comes to combat (its relationship to prestige means it can affect other things in the game, just not actual combat).

Thank you. Much more in-depth than I explained.