**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loot boxed (cav crystals) Might become illegal

13»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

No it doesn't fit the criteria of Gambling. You're not playing a game of chance for anything of value to you. Nothing. You're spinning a random outcome that gives permission to use a certain aspect of Kabam's product. You're not purchasing anything for ownership. Not even in Offers which contain no Loot Boxes. Nothing.

So you’re not gambling... you’re just doing something that looks like gambling. Thanks for your input...

Ps. The champion is “of value” to the player when the player pays to spin a slot machine for it. Your definitions are so insanely stupid that you should be embarrassed to post them
    A slot machine gives money. You walk home with empty pockets no matter what you win in the game. For that matter, within the game, there's always something given.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

'Value' can be monetary, intangible, emotional or virtual. Take a pick which one is it with Cav crystals

But gambling only applies to monetary value
    you can sell it (regardless of what the ToS say)
    No you cant. You cant just accept an agreement saying that you're not the legal owner of something and then act as if you are the legal owner of it. Also its not illegal to give money to a company without receiving anything back so that's not something you can complain about either if you planned to do that next.
    Just because you're not literraly incapable of doing something doesnt mean you're allowed to do it
  • Pretty sure as long as drop rates advertised it’s ok. Immoral perhaps but legit
    Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

'Value' can be monetary, intangible, emotional or virtual. Take a pick which one is it with Cav crystals

No you cant. You cant just accept an agreement saying that you're not the legal owner of something and then act as if you are the legal owner of it. Also its not illegal to give money to a company without receiving anything back so that's not something you can complain about either if you planned to do that next.
    Just because you're not literraly incapable of doing something doesnt mean you're allowed to do it
    So if in my ToS I say 'if you play this game, you can never say anything bad about this company. You can't express your opinions' Does that change the law and make it so that I dont have freedom of speech anymore?
    Yes a company is legally allowed to refuse service to you if you say something bad about them
    Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

So if in my ToS I say 'if you play this game, you can never say anything bad about this company. You can't express your opinions' Does that change the law and make it so that I dont have freedom of speech anymore?
    Yes a company is legally allowed to refuse service to you if you say something bad about them
    But that doesnt change the law does it? So even if Kabam says you cant sell accounts, there is no law that says so meaning
    Yeah so kabam cant literally sue you for selling your account. That doesnt change that kabam owns your account
  • Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

Voltolos said:

Mike192 said:

But that doesnt change the law does it? So even if Kabam says you cant sell accounts, there is no law that says so meaning
    Yeah so kabam cant literally sue you for selling your account. That doesnt change that kabam owns your account
    A few online companies have tried to sue people for selling accounts/resources etc. and they’ve pretty much never been successful. They can ban/wipe accounts, ban IPs etc. to make it valueless or try to prevent the rotten eggs doing their thing but there’s not really a huge amount else that they can do - otherwise mercs etc. on all online games haven’t been prosecuted.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I'm from Belgium and cavalier crystals are not illegal. There is no general ban on loot boxes, only specific court orders. Unless I or specific else would sue Kabam, nothing will happen. Same thing in Canada.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    If you're dumb enough to gamble for pixels or anything else you deserve to lose. Nobody is forcing anyone to spend money. Basically you can sue because you have no self control? If you waste all your money on a game that's your own fault.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

i don’t care as long as EA gets shafted by it.

EA was already forced to completely change the loot box system in battlefront 2. Made it a much better game tbh but they stopped updating it cuz no money. Smh
    Battlefront 2 is fantastic
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

World: the sky is blue
    GW: no, the government paints it blue.

There is literally no point arguing with it.

We're discussing a Lawsuit. So I'm talking about government regulations. Besides that, it's not Gambling. Otherwise the next step is that no person under 18 should roll a die, spin a wheel, flip a coin, or do anything with a random outcome. That's all it is. Playing a game of chance with no payout.
  • Hey everybody. The forums are not the place to discuss politics or these kinds of issues. We abide by all rules, regulations, and laws that we are subject to, and as those change, we adapt the game to them.
This discussion has been closed.