**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Crystals

123457»

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You’ve just mentioned gems for rift rewards, you realise that their drop rate was about the equivalent of a 6* from cavs. Most, myself included never ever got the good stuff, I still don’t ask for Kabam to take out a fun little gamble of a side event that can pay out huge. atleast this event you paid with a couple hours of gaming rather than almost £200 worth of units for those 3* and 4*.

You literally had a rift selector which guarantees you get a least 1 thing that you wanted and that was something huge like a 5* gem or featured 5*. Here it’s just RNG. Also virtually all of the rifts h.
    The most recent rift event did, all the other iterations did not.
    And your message cut off but I guarantee you were going to say all rifts had something useful.
    No, T4cc is as useful as a 3* to anyone that hasn’t rushed through the game.
    Oh Jesus Christ, are we playing the same game? T4CC and basic are crucial resources, and I’m sure anyone UC or above would prefer those over 3 stars so don’t give us this rubbish
    Apparently not... because everyone I know literally has hundreds of T4cc stuck in crystals. So Just like the 3*s they are completely useless.
    This thread literally only exists because grounded got shafted by rng, and after years of telling people to suck it up, suddenly all those arguments are wrong because they’re being turned back at him.
    T4CC weren’t the only things there, they were only one of the good things you could get. There were sigs, shards, awakening gems, a crystal etc. And yes we are talking about that because we are not going to talk about events last year as that just isn’t fair. You had a chronometer to pick at least 1 amazing reward, then a good chance at others, you had a chronometer for the second difficulty which also had fire, so basically worst case scenario you got 2 fire items (even though the odds were far greater to get more good stuff than cavs) unlike Cav crystals where you get 3 stars lol
    You’re right, T4cc weren’t the only things in there, just like there wasn’t just 3*s available in cav crystals. Glad you finally caught on.
    Wow you intentionally avoided my point about the chronometers and the fact that the rewards were all useful. Your just sounding dense now mate. Imagine a Cav where you could pick which champ you want at bare minimum 5 star rarity. Not a nexus because that’s still rng; but a 5 star crystal where you pick out of the whole roster. In fact, you could do that twice you could say, and then the rest of the cavs were 4 star or above. But no you will choose to ignore it because you got niced in this event so that must mean it went well for everyone.
    Ok sure you could use the chronometer, of course there’s still that very slim chance you don’t even get the class gem you want, so you go for the featured 5*, but of course this is back when 75% of the Crystal was poor, so again rng as to if you get something usable, or iso, next best was probably the 6* shards, 5* shards or T2a? I guess some people liked the sig stones as well, wasn’t really interested myself as my good pulls are so few and far between I’m typically overflowing in sig stones.
    Well you get a T2a in this event, and there’s a 5* and 6* shard arena coming up, and like OP always points out you’ve gotta think about all the monthly content as a whole.
    So I guess all you’re missing now is sig stones? Yeah I’ll give you that I suppose, but then didn’t we get like 80-90 from the store last month?
    There was literally a 99% chance of your sought after gem to show up, it did for pretty much everyone. With the crystal, there was a guaranteed 5 star and a chance at an amazing 5 star. That’s better odds than a 80% chance for a 3 star. Even the worst 5 star is better than the best 3 star
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Kaloco16 said:

My biggest problem is, this month is packed, we will be getting 7.1, V6, 6* and 5* arenas, anniversary gift, december 25th present, gifting, we got john mullanys challenge and all sorts of other cool things, the cavalier crystals imo are an amazing addition, whether you got good stuff or not it was pretty much free. So much complaining in this community and not enough being thankful for what you got, kabam didn't have to do this at the end of the day, but it is a great addition.

Stop Whining, Be thankful.

But it's not free. Kabam gave us 18 cavalier crystals (and 2 2%T5CC crystals) instead of 5K 6* shards, 25K+ 5* shards, 5 2% T5CC crystals (and 22.450 T5B, and how many T2A).
    They are free you don’t pay units for them... you get 18 for spending 2 hours exploring all the difficulties of the side event.... plus some additional little stuff... then like agent said there’s all the other additional stuff coming not including act 7 and variant 6... the anniversary events mulaneys challenge gifting etc. I’m not against having more rewards in the side event cuz who wouldn’t want more free stuff... but I’m guessing by kabams logic they thought they’d be overloading the months rewards with too much good stuff in the side event and all the other good stuff from the other events going on this month
    Do you know what free means? It seems that you don't.
    From the moment that I will dedicate 2 hours (which is 4-5 hours for me) and I will have to spent 800 energy ISN'T FREE

Kabam should had pushed back (I think this the right word) the release of Variant 6 back, if there is too much content for us
    Why should variant 6 get pushed back just to appease some people whining that their guaranteed 5* was switched with 18 crystals with a 19% chance at one?
    Want a 5* or 6* that badly you’ll do variant 6 when it drops, or 7.1, or the celebrity challenge, or the arenas, or just log in because you’ll probably get one from the holiday calendars.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

I don't agree that they have hidden drop rates, but I hear what you're saying. I appreciate the feedback everyone. To clarify, I'm not quitting over it. I was saying it took the wind out of me. There should at least be some chance at something useful, and I have absolutely no shortage of 3*s and 4*s. So they're quite useless for me. Any other month, I can use something at least, but I spent a number of Energy Refills to come up with nothing. Cavalier Crystals have too high a possibility of yielding very little to be a focus for an Event. Even if there was an exchange for a few Shards I could have used them. This was a waste of my time. Anyone else in my position would feel the same way. Shouldn't be some people having a ball and others getting the same experience I had. Not when it has nothing to do with the content done.

Honestly as far as some people having a ball and others having a bad experience thats every month. When 3 people do the challenge and one gets a 6* nick fury and the other two get SIM and YJ its the same thing. You're making this out to be far worse than it is, especially when so many people, even some who didn't get crazy lucky, really enjoyed the event. You preach so often that not every sale or every event is geared toward everyone, just take this as a case of it not being geared towards your liking. Based on the feedback I've seen its been an overwhelming success.
    Not the same. A 6* is a 6*.
    And rng is rng, if you got a couple good pulls this wouldn't be a thread.
    No. It's not the same. Anything above a 4* contributes something to the Roster of someone who is Cavalier. I wasn't pulling for God Tiers. I was pulling for something that contributed to my Roster. People complaining because they call half the Champs garbage is not the same as an Event that gives nothing that can be used.
    Everything above 4* does something? I have like 10 5* that have literally zero use to me
    Have you heard about something which is called 'Arena'?

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

You’ve just mentioned gems for rift rewards, you realise that their drop rate was about the equivalent of a 6* from cavs. Most, myself included never ever got the good stuff, I still don’t ask for Kabam to take out a fun little gamble of a side event that can pay out huge. atleast this event you paid with a couple hours of gaming rather than almost £200 worth of units for those 3* and 4*.

You literally had a rift selector which guarantees you get a least 1 thing that you wanted and that was something huge like a 5* gem or featured 5*. Here it’s just RNG. Also virtually all of the rifts h.
    And your message cut off but I guarantee you were going to say all rifts had something useful.
    Oh Jesus Christ, are we playing the same game? T4CC and basic are crucial resources, and I’m sure anyone UC or above would prefer those over 3 stars so don’t give us this rubbish
    Apparently not... because everyone I know literally has hundreds of T4cc stuck in crystals. So Just like the 3*s they are completely useless.
    This thread literally only exists because grounded got shafted by rng, and after years of telling people to suck it up, suddenly all those arguments are wrong because they’re being turned back at him.
    T4CC weren’t the only things there, they were only one of the good things you could get. There were sigs, shards, awakening gems, a crystal etc. And yes we are talking about that because we are not going to talk about events last year as that just isn’t fair. You had a chronometer to pick at least 1 amazing reward, then a good chance at others, you had a chronometer for the second difficulty which also had fire, so basically worst case scenario you got 2 fire items (even though the odds were far greater to get more good stuff than cavs) unlike Cav crystals where you get 3 stars lol
    You’re right, T4cc weren’t the only things in there, just like there wasn’t just 3*s available in cav crystals. Glad you finally caught on.
    But there is a much higher chance of you to get something useful from the rifts than the crystals.

There is a 81% chance to get a 3*/4* from the cavalier crystal, and there was a 40% chance to get either +5 5* sig stone or 1K 5* shards (even though I wouldn't mind getting them)

So you compare the 19% chance to get something good from the cavalier crystals to 60% chance to get something good from the rifts
    I don't do arena. Moreover then even 3* and 2* are good rewards because arena
    Dude just stop with these terrible points, most cavs have more than enough 2 and 3 stars, it’s just dupes for them. Woo hoo a small amount of 4 star or 3 star shards
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

Wow you intentionally avoided my point about the chronometers and the fact that the rewards were all useful. Your just sounding dense now mate. Imagine a Cav where you could pick which champ you want at bare minimum 5 star rarity. Not a nexus because that’s still rng; but a 5 star crystal where you pick out of the whole roster. In fact, you could do that twice you could say, and then the rest of the cavs were 4 star or above. But no you will choose to ignore it because you got niced in this event so that must mean it went well for everyone.
    Ok sure you could use the chronometer, of course there’s still that very slim chance you don’t even get the class gem you want, so you go for the featured 5*, but of course this is back when 75% of the Crystal was poor, so again rng as to if you get something usable, or iso, next best was probably the 6* shards, 5* shards or T2a? I guess some people liked the sig stones as well, wasn’t really interested myself as my good pulls are so few and far between I’m typically overflowing in sig stones.
    Well you get a T2a in this event, and there’s a 5* and 6* shard arena coming up, and like OP always points out you’ve gotta think about all the monthly content as a whole.
    So I guess all you’re missing now is sig stones? Yeah I’ll give you that I suppose, but then didn’t we get like 80-90 from the store last month?
    There was literally a 99% chance of your sought after gem to show up, it did for pretty much everyone. With the crystal, there was a guaranteed 5 star and a chance at an amazing 5 star. That’s better odds than a 80% chance for a 3 star. Even the worst 5 star is better than the best 3 star
    You can’t say it’s 99% for your gem to show up then say it’s 80% from these crystals for a 3*. It was 1 in 6 for your gem to show up every time you entered, just like it’s about 1 in 5 on every crystal to get a 5* or 6*.
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I really like these cavs. They are fun to open. I'd like events like this to continue. It's literally free cavs along with the tons of other stuff that has arrived and is yet to come this month.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

I don't agree that they have hidden drop rates, but I hear what you're saying. I appreciate the feedback everyone. To clarify, I'm not quitting over it. I was saying it took the wind out of me. There should at least be some chance at something useful, and I have absolutely no shortage of 3*s and 4*s. So they're quite useless for me. Any other month, I can use something at least, but I spent a number of Energy Refills to come up with nothing. Cavalier Crystals have too high a possibility of yielding very little to be a focus for an Event. Even if there was an exchange for a few Shards I could have used them. This was a waste of my time. Anyone else in my position would feel the same way. Shouldn't be some people having a ball and others getting the same experience I had. Not when it has nothing to do with the content done.

Honestly as far as some people having a ball and others having a bad experience thats every month. When 3 people do the challenge and one gets a 6* nick fury and the other two get SIM and YJ its the same thing. You're making this out to be far worse than it is, especially when so many people, even some who didn't get crazy lucky, really enjoyed the event. You preach so often that not every sale or every event is geared toward everyone, just take this as a case of it not being geared towards your liking. Based on the feedback I've seen its been an overwhelming success.
    Not the same. A 6* is a 6*.
    And rng is rng, if you got a couple good pulls this wouldn't be a thread.
    No. It's not the same. Anything above a 4* contributes something to the Roster of someone who is Cavalier. I wasn't pulling for God Tiers. I was pulling for something that contributed to my Roster. People complaining because they call half the Champs garbage is not the same as an Event that gives nothing that can be used.
    Everything above 4* does something? I have like 10 5* that have literally zero use to me
    Yes. A new 5* is a new 5*. A 5* Dup gives 6* Shards. ANY 6* was what I wanted because I'm trying to build more Arena Teams, but a 1% chance is easy to understand that it's just a hope. To roll 18 Crystals and come up with absolutely nothing besides a few hundred 5* shards gives next to nothing. I don't subscribe to the idea that Champs are garbage. It all gets used some way. Whether I'm Grinding with it, or getting Shards. Nothing but 3*s and 4*s does very little for someone like myself. The extremes are too large for an Event. I could have just as easily bought Cavs if I wanted them but I don't because the Drop Rates aren't worth buying one Crystal after another. To tie it in to an Event that usually gives something of substance and use is just ridiculous because you end up with people like myself that roll nothing. Even if they had a Crystal that had Frags, Shards, and a chance at Champs or Crystals, that would be more useful than 18 outcomes I can't do a thing with.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

17 Crystals, nothing higher than a 4*. Meanwhile people are pulling 5*s and 6*s all over. Cavalier Crystals should never be the sole focus of an Event. Not with the odds those Crystals give. I just wasted a month's worth of Side Quest for nothing that can help me besides the few Rewards for Completion and Exploration. Now I get a month of disappointment from seeing other people enjoy it. That's not really an ideal experience or goal from an Event.

While I understand where you are coming from I disagree on your assessment of this event. Aside from the bonus iso and gold its a nice change from the repeat events of the past. The stores are nice but this is something brand new to a side event. I went with the 2020 crystal and while I got nothing game changing im having a blast with my 3* spiderham and greatly appreciated the gold and iso from a side event with little to no challenge. Even the legendary side eq was doable with 4*s so it wasn't so niche of a challenge people could complain about the restrictions. The only complaint seems to be bad rng which if you do a quick search of YouTube you can find on both abyss and act 6 completion rewards. We are also less than a week into the event and most summoners have completed the side event. If you Want guaranteed rewards do the second part of the boss rush.
    People love to try and throw my own comments back at me but they don't like to give the context about what was being discussed.
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Well, this comment from the OP didn't age very well 🤷‍♂️
    I mean, sure - it's from 2019, but maybe all the calls of hypocrisy aren't actually that far off the mark?

Context. How does that apply to Side Events that are done all year long for needed Resources appropriate to progression?
    The game is based on RNG. Always has been. Lol.
    I'm not even going to bother with you. You're just looking for a response with that.
    ImGodMF said:

There would be a lot more credibility to the argument that Cavs aren't good side quest rewards if these complaints came before you decided to participate. The fact you committed the time and resources shows it was worth it or someone had a gun to your head.

The Chosen One isn't even worth arguing with. You seem to have this stuck in your head that the rewards were Cavs or the big list of excessive rewards as a guarantee. There is no standard, some months its month long content for good rewards, sometimes it's a days content for different rewards. Considering everything we do costs time, time is not a good measurement of whether something is free or not. The fact that a quick challenge doesn't cost any real money indicates it's free. You're the chosen idiot mate, thats all you entitled child.

All months involve getting SOMETHING that can be used from the Rewards worked for. Not the chance at nothing. I don't even mean what people call useful Champs, or what someone has full in their Inventory or not. I mean CAN be used. I can assure you I can't use anything I pulled in any reasonable capacity. I have no use whatsoever for a bunch of 3* Dups and a couple new 4*s.
  • Hey there, we appreciate those who have taken the time to provide thoughtful and constructive feedback on either side of the topic. However, since some have gone off the rails, we're going to close this thread at this time, though we will be passing along player feedback to the team.
This discussion has been closed.