**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doc Octopus nerf

ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
edited April 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues

Did I miss an update where the chemistry breakthrough of Doctor Octopus' awakened ability was supposed to be removed?
That was responsible for health steal while heal block was active. Is this a silent nerf or a bug?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Ask yourself if Kabam has ever silently nerfed any champion ever in this game and you'll have your answer.

They haven't.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Apparently removing text from abilties set removes the actual ability as well. Or vice versa

Which is probably a bug with Doc Oc.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Hi folks, please have a look through the Bug Fixes and Improvements section and let us know if you have any other questions: https://playcontestofchampions.com/v30-2-release-notes/

Note:
    Doctor Octopus: Updated the Chemistry Research Heal Block to allow this Heal Block to interact with more areas of the game such as the Infectious Wrath Buff.
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

Kabam Boo said:

We will look into this further.

Yeah, I guess the update removed his awakened ability to health steal. Based on the update, it doesn't seem it was intended and I would request you to have it corrected.
    I meant to say unintended*.
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

Kabam Boo said:

We will look into this further.

Yeah, I guess the update removed his awakened ability to health steal. Based on the update, it doesn't seem it was intended and I would request you to have it corrected.
    I meant to say unintended*.
    No I didnt, what I wrote was right.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    The team confirms that while the description may be missing some text, but his abilities should all be functioning exactly the same as before. We are working on getting the appropriate text added to his description, but again, for now his abilities should all be functioning exactly the same as before. Should you continue to run into issues, please feel free to upload a video of the error so our team can better understand your issue. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    Half the champs in this game are already unplayable because of how useless they are for your roster, and the ones that manage to be useful kabam keep on finding ways to make they useless. It's things like this that make me wanna quit this game.

Kabam Boo said:

The team confirms that while the description may be missing some text, but his abilities should all be functioning exactly the same as before. We are working on getting the appropriate text added to his description, but again, for now his abilities should all be functioning exactly the same as before. Should you continue to run into issues, please feel free to upload a video of the error so our team can better understand your issue. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

It does not work as before. He no longer has his life steal because he no longer deals damage according to amount healed. Just change it back
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

He doesn't life steal. I swear if this was a 3 year old bug I'm gonna lose it
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    He was working fine prior to the update.
    The update tried to "change" something that wasn't there in the beginning, and ended up replacing his ability instead. He can not have both, as per how his abilities are described, and this is the problem.

So a fix for this would be to revert him back to how he was, and forget how you wanted him to work after this update