**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam please consider how you approach players

mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
First, sorry for the english spelling.
I have played this game for 4 years, and I have used a lot of money on this game, considering I am a regular family man.
When I open the game and find a warning from Kabam regarding the power gain, it makes me a little sad.
The last days I have again and again encountered the bug, but it was the attacker (me) who didn't get any power.. In your message you only see it from your side and thinking of not loosing money, but I have actually lost money due to this bug...it just doesn't seem right to me when you only think of yourself. Maybe I misunderstood the whole thing, if that's the case I apologize, but I am pretty sure I didn't.

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

How have you been encountering the bug for several days when it just happened yesterday and for like 30 mins

This
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Lvernon15 said:

Zan0 said:

How have you been encountering the bug for several days when it just happened yesterday and for like 30 mins

This</blockquot
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Not true.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Several days is 2 days, yesterday and today. I only made this post due to the bug was not fixed today.. sorry if I can not write it in english so you understand it. But it's not true what you write. The bug was not there for only 30 minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Zan0 said:

Can you show some evidence of the bug still happening today?

Nope, I don't record my gameplay, but 6 hours ago my Medusa did not get any power. I let her die to try another champion and no problems. I let Moleman die to try a third champion and Human Torch did not get any power either.. when the bug is active it's only for maybe 30 second at a time.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

mortenhy said:

Zan0 said:

Nope, I don't record my gameplay, but 6 hours ago my Medusa did not get any power. I let her die to try another champion and no problems. I let Moleman die to try a third champion and Human Torch did not get any power either..
    What were the nodes?
    Lol never thought about that.. I really don't read the nodes as much as I should, but it was Vulture in the sidequest in either epic or legendary mode...very embarrassing if there is a node there and it can stop powergain.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

mortenhy said:

Zan0 said:

Nope, I don't record my gameplay, but 6 hours ago my Medusa did not get any power. I let her die to try another champion and no problems. I let Moleman die to try a third champion and Human Torch did not get any power either..
    What were the nodes?
    I just checked the nodes, and even though I am not reading the nodes as I should, I can not find anything that can stop combat power gain for like 20 to 30 seconds.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    @mortenhy I have taken de below text from your original message and highlighted some things:

The last days I have again and again encountered the bug, but it was the attacker (me) who didn't get any power.. In your message you only see it from your side and thinking of not loosing money, but I have actually lost money due to this bug.

So you actually are saying you have spend money due to this bug. And thus. That is your fault.
    I get what you mean, but there is a difference. Some things are bugs, and there is no clear reason for them to be in the game. This had a very clear reason for being in the game. And they just removed the mode that caused it. That is NOT fixing a bug. But taking something out of the game that is causing it. And it will return later.
    Since the game will be borderline unplayable if the bug was kept in the game.
  • Options

@mortenhy I have taken de below text from your original message and highlighted some things:

The last days I have again and again encountered the bug, but it was the attacker (me) who didn't get any power.. In your message you only see it from your side and thinking of not loosing money, but I have actually lost money due to this bug.

So you actually are saying you have spend money due to this bug. And thus. That is your fault.
    I get what you mean, but there is a difference. Some things are bugs, and there is no clear reason for them to be in the game. This had a very clear reason for being in the game. And they just removed the mode that caused it. That is NOT fixing a bug. But taking something out of the game that is causing it. And it will return later.
    Since the game will be borderline unplayable if the bug was kept in the game.

Lol I am very sorry no disrespect, but I clearly have not made myself clear.
    Me using money has nothing to do with the bug, but due to the bug I had to buy revives.
    The only reason I wrote my first post was that I felt that Kabam only mentioned themselves in the post all players around the world got today when they opened the game... considering that I have spent a lot of money on this game (not due to this bug) I was somehow sad that they did not mention anything about any form of compensation. They only talked about the bug from their view and ours (the bug can benefit attacker and defender and vice versa).
    I honestly appreciate your time, but I am starting to think that I might not can explain it properly (I am danish) and I am very sorry about that...
    But to be clear...you don't agree with me on this subject? Again, thanks for your time.
  • Options
    Lol, it was not a Threat. Maybe that was the way you wanted to Read it? Like I Said. It was just a reminder to not wrongfully take advantage of a game BREAKING bug. Because exploiting Something that was not meant to be there is Against the rules. No matter Where the exploit comes from.
    In the past kabam was blamed to do Little Against cheaters. This time they adressed the cheaters and again. They are doing Something wrong? It was a good Thing they mentioned it. So we, fair Players, can know that the cheaters Will be dealt with. And we, fair Players, know the game Will be as Fairly played as possible.
    The only people WHO should feel treat from the message are the people who doden cheat or were planning to. People that play fair have Nothing to feel Hurt about.
    It is like being hurt when the Police tells you. Don't Steal, or you Will go to jail. When a door of a shop is Broken and they can't fix it for the Night. The only people who would have to listen are Thieves. The other people can just ignore it, and feel saver.
  • Options

Lol, it was not a Threat. Maybe that was the way you wanted to Read it? Like I Said. It was just a reminder to not wrongfully take advantage of a game BREAKING bug. Because exploiting Something that was not meant to be there is Against the rules. No matter Where the exploit comes from.
    In the past kabam was blamed to do Little Against cheaters. This time they adressed the cheaters and again. They are doing Something wrong? It was a good Thing they mentioned it. So we, fair Players, can know that the cheaters Will be dealt with. And we, fair Players, know the game Will be as Fairly played as possible.
    The only people WHO should feel treat from the message are the people who doden cheat or were planning to. People that play fair have Nothing to feel Hurt about.
    It is like being hurt when the Police tells you. Don't Steal, or you Will go to jail. When a door of a shop is Broken and they can't fix it for the Night. The only people who would have to listen are Thieves. The other people can just ignore it, and feel saver.

Finally one thing we can agree on. I hate cheaters, mainly due to the fact that I don't like the idea that I have spent 1000 of dollars and some cheater can just cheat...but yes, kabams wording should change, and maybe we don't agree on this but that's okay, I still appreciate your time and have a great day 👍
  • Options
    ihate8745 said:

mortenhy said:

First, sorry for the english spelling.
    I have played this game for 4 years, and I have used a lot of money on this game, considering I am a regular family man.
    When I open the game and find a warning from Kabam regarding the power gain, it makes me a little sad.
    The last days I have again and again encountered the bug, but it was the attacker (me) who didn't get any power.. In your message you only see it from your side and thinking of not loosing money, but I have actually lost money due to this bug...it just doesn't seem right to me when you only think of yourself. Maybe I misunderstood the whole thing, if that's the case I apologize, but I am pretty sure I didn't.

Also , the wordings of Kabam is awful . We play this game for fun , not for being threat .
    Yes I totally agree..the wording is a problem no matter what their intentions are.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity. What should their wording be? Because I really don`t see anything wrong with theirs.
  • Options

Just out of curiosity. What should their wording be? Because I really don`t see anything wrong with theirs.

Sorry if I can not write it properly, I am not very good at english. The wording should show that Kabam cared about people who put millions of dollars in this game each month...us the playerbase.
    This is nothing new. A lot of youtubers and players all over the world have mentioned this, and I am in daily contact with at least 20 players, and most of them feel the same.
    Just to give you an example. 3 years ago I used over 4500 danish kroners (that's like 700 dollars I think..) to get all the good masteries. The most expensive masteri in the game is resonate and compared with a another expensive masteri, Inequity, I thought this sounded good....it took Kabam 3 years to do something about Inequity (this is no secret), and put so much money into a mastery that doesn't work and then wait 3 years (and even now it still doesn't live up to the description), and even though I contacted them many times I could not get the cores back etc.. that's just one thing, and I feel that if they were to approach all these things another way, that would do a lot for a lot of players.. I am sorry that I can't explain better in english, my only point is that it would be great if Kabam communication with us were better. . I love this game, and the only downside is how Kabam sometimes takes care of bugs etc etc... again very sorry if this doesn't make sense. Good day to you sir.
  • Options

Take a look at this my friend. I am trying to explain more or less what he says https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/264181/what-i-dont-understand
  • Options
    Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Hi folks, your feedback is duly noted. We apologise for any ill feelings caused but please know that it is unintentional. Our messaging was simply meant to convey that, unfortunately, anyone who is in violation of our Terms of Use may face certain consequences for their actions. Please be assured that our team will assess every situation very carefully and will always ensure the most fair and reasonable outcome for everybody. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, your feedback is duly noted. We apologise for any ill feelings caused but please know that it is unintentional. Our messaging was simply meant to convey that, unfortunately, anyone who is in violation of our Terms of Use may face certain consequences for their actions. Please be assured that our team will assess every situation very carefully and will always ensure the most fair and reasonable outcome for everybody. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

so if they are going to "assess every situation very carefully," then how long is estimated until the bans/suspensions are given?
  • Options
    @mortenhy I understand your point, but I just think your way of thinking is wrong. The bugs you take as examples are not a fair comparison to this bug. This bug has a very very clear cause. 1 single event was put into the game. That caused a bug. Remove that 1 single event. Bug gone. You can find the reason for the bug outside of the live game.
    There is a huge thread going on to find out why the persistent charge is happening. They have asked us multiple times to explain every situation where it happened, because clearly, they don`t know what exactly causes it.
    And as far as incursions. It was not a NEW game mode, and thus far harder to remove. But still, that bug was fixed very quickly. That bug worked against us.
    There was also a bug in the game that was VERY VERY pro player in incursions. But what happens? People complain that it wasn`t fixed sooner because it was exploitable.

So in 1 way. The bugs are very very differently in cause and thus fix. And secondly. It does not matter what they do, they will always do it wrong in the eyes of some players.

Kabam Boo also acknowledges my point about the reasoning behind the message.
  • Options

@mortenhy I understand your point, but I just think your way of thinking is wrong. The bugs you take as examples are not a fair comparison to this bug. This bug has a very very clear cause. 1 single event was put into the game. That caused a bug. Remove that 1 single event. Bug gone. You can find the reason for the bug outside of the live game.
    There is a huge thread going on to find out why the persistent charge is happening. They have asked us multiple times to explain every situation where it happened, because clearly, they don`t know what exactly causes it.
    And as far as incursions. It was not a NEW game mode, and thus far harder to remove. But still, that bug was fixed very quickly. That bug worked against us.
    There was also a bug in the game that was VERY VERY pro player in incursions. But what happens? People complain that it wasn`t fixed sooner because it was exploitable.

So in 1 way. The bugs are very very differently in cause and thus fix. And secondly. It does not matter what they do, they will always do it wrong in the eyes of some players.

Kabam Boo also acknowledges my point about the reasoning behind the message.

Well, I also see your point to be fair 👍
  • Options
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    And thanks for the feedback to everyone.