**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can someone clarify what is going on with AW tactics currently?

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
So, I was unable to select a tactic for our defense (Challenger Bracket). I assumed it's still inactive. Now, on attack.. the map shows no active def tactics. I chose my team based on this. However, when I enter the fight menu against Thing on node 25, he's showing High Ground active for him. I back out and check the map icons again. No High Ground.. enter the fight..sure enough, High Ground is active for him. What in the heck is going on? 😅 I don't mind any of the tactics, I just need it to be clear whether they are active when I choose my team and/or enter a fight. And if I could not select them, was the opponent able to? Or is this just some buggy stuff going on?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

And why are attack tactics being listed as defense tactics anyway?
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    tactics are broken and kabam forums mods are disregarding them cause they dont want to be held responsible for yet another bug.... 8 days till next war season... cant wait till kabam does something last minute lul
    Yeah, it's crazy.
    I couldn't activate any for my alliance. I assume they are still down/inactive.

Then I log in to choose my team/attack and see that the opponents also erroneously have an attack tactic listed as their defense tactic (as in previous wars). And again assume it's inactive.

I reach node 25 Thing (normally a yellow bar Quake fight) only to see that he actually has High Ground active?? I check the global again on the map icons.. nope, not High Ground. Must be a visual bug. Enter with Quake, nope.. totally has High Ground active...

I don't mind High Ground.. I just need to know it's there before I base my team choice on the fact that there's no global or that they are broken. Would have left Quake at home, and brought a different counter, obviously.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★

Yeah, it's crazy.

Then I log in to choose my team/attack and see that the opponents also erroneously have an attack tactic listed as their defense tactic (as in previous wars). And again assume it's inactive.

I reach node 25 Thing (normally a yellow bar Quake fight) only to see that he actually has High Ground active?? I check the global again on the map icons.. nope, not High Ground. Must be a visual bug. Enter with Quake, nope.. totally has High Ground active...

I don't mind High Ground.. I just need to know it's there before I base my team choice on the fact that there's no global or that they are broken. Would have left Quake at home, and brought a different counter, obviously.

The weirdest thing about the bug is that Thing isn't a High Ground defender lol.

Yeah, it's crazy.

The weirdest thing about the bug is that Thing isn't a High Ground defender lol.
    It's ridiculous, for sure 😂
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★

Yeah, it's crazy.

It's ridiculous, for sure 😂
    Basically, they've screwed war even more than what was possible
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    It's bugged.
    JuroSan said:

It's bugged.

Thanks for always being helpful, I see you often helping people 👍❤️
    ummmmm....Welcome?????
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    I meant that sincerely @The_Sentry06
    Lets not forget that the company tat we are angry at right now is the same company that made this game which we love so dearly
    So they are certainly a capable group and I’m sure with time they can fix the situation
    The only problem here is as usual, poor communication with the community
    During past 5-6 years I have seen it myself that everytime we have good communication we don’t have angry players no matter the situation
    So many people are asking about the issues that season 28 announcement has and so far we haven’t gotten any response
    So hopefully they are working on it and season will not be started with those sets of rules
    JuroSan said:

I meant that sincerely @The_Sentry06

Oh ok.
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Here's your answer 😂

• LuisBvvLuisBvv Posts: 139 ★★
    Uvogin said:

Here's your answer 😂

Yeah but is that suppose to happen, I think I missed the random buff announcement
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Hi folks, our team is definitely still looking into this. We thank you for your patience and apologise for the delay!
    Please continue to post any new findings or observations you may have about this and we will continue to pass it along to the team! Thanks again, folks.
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, our team is definitely still looking into this. We thank you for your patience and apologise for the delay!
    Please continue to post any new findings or observations you may have about this and we will continue to pass it along to the team! Thanks again, folks.

Thanks for the response @Kabam boo

This combination of attack and defense tactics also doesn’t make sense at all
    Since the attack tactic is working against those champions in attack tactic pool and not even suggests using them but makes you to not want to use them since slow debuff gives the defenders more powergain
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 266 ★★★
    Thought this off season time was for us to be able to try out how the tactics work and experiment on what we want to do for season. I understand there was a note to say aw season won’t start til the parry/dex game play issues are sorted. But we will still need time after that to figure out how best to play these tactics.

Thought this off season time was for us to be able to try out how the tactics work and experiment on what we want to do for season. I understand there was a note to say aw season won’t start til the parry/dex game play issues are sorted. But we will still need time after that to figure out how best to play these tactics.

Totally agreed
    We pretty much never had the time to get familiar with the new sets of rules for the past few seasons
    Rules change right before season starts or they are bugged right till before season starts
    It’s been like that for the past 3 seasons
  • FlavorFlaveFlavorFlave Posts: 89
    Just wanted to follow up, my game was freezing when setting tactics and other alliances tactics were applied to incorrect champions…. Everything is working as intended when I tried setting it up today, thanks

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam boo
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    It’s working today. Finally…