**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Problem With Variant 8

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
I'll start off with this: Variant 8 is fun. Yes, you can use some fun champs that you wouldn't use otherwise. Plus, there are some fun defenders and the art is very cool. But I mean I get to the first boss, and it's bugged. Nothing new, and I'm not completely surprised. I got through it and figured the rest wouldn't be so bad. Then, the second boss. Looking at the nodes, pretty much an easier version of the Variant 4 DPX. First run, get about 30% down, then he launches an SP3. I thought it was a fluke, so I go in again. Get about 20% down, and he launches the SP3 again. I haven't touched the quest in about 3 hours now because I know it's bugged. Hopefully it gets fixed and maybe (but probably not) we might get a few revives for compensation. This is bad on its own, but it gets worse.

Now we come to the last boss of the quest, venompool. Again, haven't gotten past 1.2 and haven't played any of chapter 2 or 3. I've seen the nodes. I've seen the videos. I've seen the arguments. This is one of the most poorly designed fights that I've ever seen in this game. I think this might be up there second only to the summoner showdown thing a year ago that allowed five 4* champs against like a 5 million healthpool or something. So obviously when you look at the nodes, you pretty much need someone with heal reversal or maybe someone who can outdamage it. Obvious choices?

-Archangel (95% damage reduction and debuff shrug off)
-Void (95% damage reduction and debuff shrug off)
-Nullifier to nullify buffs/regen (95% damage reduction)

Here's who I've SEEN take him down (doesn't mean only counters, just ones so far):

-Apoc w/Mr. Fantastic & Wags & 2/3 or 3/3 despair
-Domino with insane skills and RNG

So that's our main problem. Don't have a ranked up apoc? You're probably going to die from block damage! Don't have despair? Good luck! Don't have a domino that is ranked up, with pro skills and RNG from the gods? Use some of those 5 compensation revives!

I have a ranked up Apoc. I have Mr. Fantastic. I have Wags. I don't have any points into despair. I don't feel like spending 1100 units to have a chance at beating one fight in a variant. That's the equivelant of about 27 40% revives. Maybe that should be what we get in compensation.

"Not endgame content anymore" my a**

Comments

• Please use the threads already created on these topics for further feedback.
This discussion has been closed.