**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

TOS Violator Action Report - Arena Bots

awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
edited February 2022 in General Discussion
I appreciate the efforts on Kabam to help rectify, and reward certain champs on rank rewards based on the past several months of arenas. While this is no easy task to undertake, (and I'm sure lots of data to comb through) is there any chance we can get more visibility into the results as they are completed?

For instance, personally I just missed the top 100 in the second round of the recent Doom arena. Unless I am randomly rewarded the champ via in-game mail, I won't ever know if that specific arena was rectified.

I think the additional visibility into the status on each arena can help many summoners make rank up decisions, including AG use, for the next few months. (i.e. if they really wanted a specific champ, but missed out, how long should they hold resources for to potentially rank up or awaken that specific champion)

Again, thank you for the efforts you are putting forward from all of us summoners that put in hours just to miss out due to bots and cheaters.

Original Moderator Post:
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/291101/tos-violator-action-report#latest
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

Tagging for awareness/insight.
    Obviously you're not in a top 100 AQ alliance, and it shows.

Yeah, sure. "It's just an AG" which for 6* is the rarest resource.

And sure, most of my other mystic champs are duped, so it's really not needed.

I'm more mad about the lack of communication than I am about not being refunded the resources.

To your point "should have waited", but with no communication, how long is an acceptable amount to wait, especially not knowing. I originally placed around 129 I think. So that means 29 or more accounts would have had to been fraudulent for me to have made the cutoff.

I made this original post on January 6th. Zero official response or communication on the topic in nearly a month. So who's truly in the wrong? The consumer for trying to help his alliance in both a 3-day event and in AQ prestige with a new series starting today? Or the business that isn't willing to help someone out after not communicating on the specific topic for several weeks?
  • If they knew Jan 6th what all the final adjustments would be, in order to tell you, they would have just given the actual champ compensation out right then as well.

And they’re not gonna say everyday “we found another xx bots, so everyone today moved up another xx positions, stay tuned for tomorrow’s, and every days after that, announcements as well”.

And DNA just posted about what his experience was with about how manly spots might have been “upgraded”. He seemed to move up at least 69 spots to earn Void. I’d imagine Doom was even greater “up-placing”
    I didn't need an answer on January 6th, just at least a heads up of maybe when to expect them.

The original post was incredibly vague, likely written by a politician.

Did I need to know that X number of bots were found? No. But at least say "ok hey, we'll have the results of the arenas in this (date range) compensation expected to be released by first week of February.

Then, I would know.. "OK doom was in that range, I'll wait til the first week of February, see if I got him, then can make educated decisions moving forward."

This isn't how successful businesses are ran.

Really sick of people saying this when they don't get their way. Especially when this game has been one of the most successful games for 7 years
    Hmm. Maybe if a lot of people are claiming about the quality of the business, it isn't a coincidence?

I normally don't complain, and actually praised their efforts in my first post. I think they're trying in some aspects. Let me ask... Is it so extraordinary to ask for someone that invests so much into this game, to keep us in the loop?

Imagine if publicly traded entities acted this way. You invest a substantial amount into a new startup, and they say "well, maybe we'll release the product to the general market" then you hear nothing, not even in the form of a public release statement. odds are, you'll think you've been scammed out of your investment. Is that a successful business operation?
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
    You were impatient. Deal with it
  • As this thread is proving to be highly antagonistic and nonconstructive, it's now being closed.
This discussion has been closed.