**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Venompool sp2 not stunning

ZekedamamZekedamam Posts: 215 ★★
edited January 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
It says that venompool’s sp2 is supposed to inflict a stun when you intercept with it but it is not working as intended. I think this has been going on for a while. Has kabam adressed this?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Works for me, hard to time it properly but works.
  • Options
    Update: I just tried it and it’s seems as if it is only stunning when I backdraft intercept and not when they dash towards me.
    Is this a bug or intentional?
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,496 ★★★★★
    The timing for the stun is just really hard to get. You basically have to use the special the instant the opponent begins moving toward you. It’s not as forgiving as Hercules’ special intercept.
  • Options
    Hey there, do you happen to have any footage of what you're seeing?
  • Options

Here is a video I recorded
    https://youtu.be/U0fxeVqNe_c
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

This has been brought up in the Venompool champion spotlight thread I believe. I dont think it is classified as a bug because it can work if you get the timing right, unfortunately the timing is so precise that you basically have to throw the special attack before the enemy even starts their dash in medium attack. Definitely feels like the timing gap should be widened a bit.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

This has been brought up in the Venompool champion spotlight thread I believe. I dont think it is classified as a bug because it can work if you get the timing right, unfortunately the timing is so precise that you basically have to throw the special attack before the enemy even starts their dash in medium attack. Definitely feels like the timing gap should be widened a bit.
    Exactly. In my opinion it should be the same as herc. With Hercules the timing is way less strict
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I would consider what is show in the video an intercept. If not then what is it called?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hort4 said:

I would consider what is show in the video an intercept. If not then what is it called?

Yeah that’s an intercept so they either need to reword it or make it so it actually stuns lol
  • Options
    Zekedamam said:

I don’t see an interception here, you hit him but he threw punches on both attempts.
  • Options

• Options
    Jaded said:

Zekedamam said:

I don’t see an interception here, you hit him but he threw punches on both attempts.
    Jaded said:

Ghost threw punches as well in your clip. Lol.
  • Options
    But I’m just saying if it was Hercules he would’ve gotten a strength charge. It seems as if the window is so small for vp
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

The difference here is that in the first clip you literally threw your special at the exact same time that Ghost tries to use her medium attack meaning that there is no reactionary aspect to intercepting with VP. The players has to throw the special attack before the opponent even moves to go for an intercept. This is the core issue with VP intercept timing. The timing needs to allow the player to react to the movement.
  • Options
    Werewrym said:

Jaded said:

The difference here is that in the first clip you literally threw your special at the exact same time that Ghost tries to use her medium attack meaning that there is no reactionary aspect to intercepting with VP. The players has to throw the special attack before the opponent even moves to go for an intercept. This is the core issue with VP intercept timing. The timing needs to allow the player to react to the movement.
    I’m not going to argue the timing is horrible, because it is. But OP didn’t hit that specific window of timing.
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    Well is intercepting specifically hitting them while they're dashing, or hit them while they're hitting you?
  • Options

Well is intercepting specifically hitting them while they're dashing, or hit them while they're hitting you?

Exactly