**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can someone help me understand why in 10 months Perry and Dex still can’t be fixed?

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
edited March 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
It goes through the cycles but when it starts acting up it’s just ridiculous in certain matches it’s like you can’t catch up. I just don’t understand how it can’t be fixed yet?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited March 2022
    Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

It goes through the cycles but when it starts acting up it’s just ridiculous in certain matches it’s like you can’t catch up. I just don’t understand how it can’t be fixed yet?

They’ve explained it. Plenty of times actually. You’d do well to read through the News and Announcements section of the forums.
    I’ve read it all still doesn’t make sense. major mobile games can be created in The amount of time that this problem has existed. So I don’t understand how a problem can’t be fixed in the amount of time the games can be created.
    Because it’s much easier to just build a new game from the ground up with the new engine, than it is to port over an entire existing game with 7+ years of code to a new engine.

Also I’d love to know what major mobile games can be created in 11 months without the use of previous assets from a prior title in the same series. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
    Pokémon go was created in less than a year that’s a pretty major game. So there’s one!

Pokemon go was beta and released in about10 months, but it was also built off of ingress or was utilizing it. Not to mention it was technically still being developed after release and had its fair share of bugs
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    LOL, of all days to post this. smh
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

They’ve explained it. Plenty of times actually. You’d do well to read through the News and Announcements section of the forums.
    I’ve read it all still doesn’t make sense. major mobile games can be created in The amount of time that this problem has existed. So I don’t understand how a problem can’t be fixed in the amount of time the games can be created.
    Because it’s much easier to just build a new game from the ground up with the new engine, than it is to port over an entire existing game with 7+ years of code to a new engine.

Also I’d love to know what major mobile games can be created in 11 months without the use of previous assets from a prior title in the same series. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
    Pokémon go was created in less than a year that’s a pretty major game. So there’s one!

Pokémon Go is a modified version of Ingress which was in development way before Pokémon Go was even a thought. So no. It wasn’t developed in less than a year. Try again.
    You’re just looking for excuses MCOC is a fighting style game which have been around for decades comparing that to the size of a game like Pokémon go that was supporting the amount of players that it had when it came out even with some bugs and I can’t remember any augmented games like that before them. Anybody making excuses of why they shouldn’t have been fixed by now he’s doing just that making excuses.
    Ah yes deflecting the argument because you were proven wrong. Here’s another tidbit. Pokémon Go was first conceptualised back in 2014 before it’s release in 2016. That’s more than 11 months.

So again, tell me what major mobile game was developed and released in the same time frame as the issue which has been clearly explained many times over?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

Pokémon Go is a modified version of Ingress which was in development way before Pokémon Go was even a thought. So no. It wasn’t developed in less than a year. Try again.
    You’re just looking for excuses MCOC is a fighting style game which have been around for decades comparing that to the size of a game like Pokémon go that was supporting the amount of players that it had when it came out even with some bugs and I can’t remember any augmented games like that before them. Anybody making excuses of why they shouldn’t have been fixed by now he’s doing just that making excuses.
    The problems MCOC is facing goes beyond how long any "fighting style" games have been out. MCOC was built using a common tool called the Unity Engine which tons of games are built off of. Using the Unity Engine limits what they want to do with MCOC so Kabam decided to build their own game engine, from the ground up. They put the game on this new game engine and that's when the issues started.

Making a game engine isn't that easy. But if we want MCOC to be the best it can be, it was necessary to do this. I know in your world it should have been as easy as flipping aight switch but here in reality, that's not how things work.

Clearly you can also provide us with your extensive developer credentials with how many mobile games you've helped develop over the years right? You seem like you've got all the knowledge that Kabam doesn't.

Also, it's pretty hilarious that your example was torn to shreds yet you can't accept what either person said and just completely ignored it to make this comment. Great job.
    While I agree the person you're responding to is ridiculous, I don't think this is quite accurate. They're not building a whole new engine. They're building a new input system that's to be layered on top of Unity.

I'm pretty sure a whole new engine isn't something you'd be able to toggle between with a button like can be done by the CCP doing the beta test currently.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Antsiou said:

That is not actually what they are doing @Demonzfyre . Kabam is still using the unity engine and are building a new input system that will work with it.

We are now rebuilding our entire control and input system to work with a new input system in the Unity engine. This new system will have more stability than our previous input System, which was built on legacy code.

So even if OP's post is mostly about the how he/she feels is too much time. Your rebuttal is factually incorrect, and doesn't mean that the question has no merit. (they are not rebuilding a game engine)

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

The problems MCOC is facing goes beyond how long any "fighting style" games have been out. MCOC was built using a common tool called the Unity Engine which tons of games are built off of. Using the Unity Engine limits what they want to do with MCOC so Kabam decided to build their own game engine, from the ground up. They put the game on this new game engine and that's when the issues started.

Making a game engine isn't that easy. But if we want MCOC to be the best it can be, it was necessary to do this. I know in your world it should have been as easy as flipping aight switch but here in reality, that's not how things work.

Clearly you can also provide us with your extensive developer credentials with how many mobile games you've helped develop over the years right? You seem like you've got all the knowledge that Kabam doesn't.

Also, it's pretty hilarious that your example was torn to shreds yet you can't accept what either person said and just completely ignored it to make this comment. Great job.
    While I agree the person you're responding to is ridiculous, I don't think this is quite accurate. They're not building a whole new engine. They're building a new input system that's to be layered on top of Unity.

I'm pretty sure a whole new engine isn't something you'd be able to toggle between with a button like can be done by the CCP doing the beta test currently.
    Looking back, you're right. It's just the input system. Though I swear in the original description of the issue, they mentioned the entire engine but I can't find it. My bad on the misinformation m
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★

Antsiou said:

That is not actually what they are doing @Demonzfyre . Kabam is still using the unity engine and are building a new input system that will work with it.

We are now rebuilding our entire control and input system to work with a new input system in the Unity engine. This new system will have more stability than our previous input System, which was built on legacy code.

So even if OP's post is mostly about the how he/she feels is too much time. Your rebuttal is factually incorrect, and doesn't mean that the question has no merit. (they are not rebuilding a game engine)

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

ItsDamien said:

Skydad23 said:

Looking back, you're right. It's just the input system. Though I swear in the original description of the issue, they mentioned the entire engine but I can't find it. My bad on the misinformation m
    The issue with the engine was that MCoC was designed around Unity, but Unity had a long-standing core bug that Kabam believed to just be a part of how Unity functioned. Unity released an update which fixed that core bug and stopped supporting older versions of the engine.

This led to the input issues we have been seeing. So now Kabam is having to rebuild their input system around this new “fixed” Unity engine, presenting an additional challenge. Input in a game like this is extremely difficult to measure, especially across so many devices. Kabam had to get robots involved just to get a handle on this part of the problem (unclear when Tapsalot will enter the Contest).

All this to say that the problem, which I’m sure I’ve grossly oversimplified, is a big one. And they are trying to preserve all the little idiosyncrasies of the game, such as reparry mechanics, while implementing the new system. So I’m willing to be patient while they do this so that they can fix it right, and I hope they don’t feel rushed to release any kind of half-baked fix.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    Mario33 said:

They will give compensation on the anniversary. It will be 1* Karnak and a profile picture of Kabam Mike.

I… I don’t hate this.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Mario33 said:

They will give compensation on the anniversary. It will be 1* Karnak and a profile picture of Kabam Mike.

I'll take that over the 5 revives and refills. All hail our Lord and Saviour @Kabam Miike
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

Mario33 said:

You joke but I’d actually love that package more than loads of 6 star nexus crystals and revives
    Let’s make this package a profile pic of @Kabam Miike and 6* Nexus with full of 30 champs Mike choose.
  • Mario33 said:

Zan0 said:

Mario33 said:

You joke but I’d actually love that package more than loads of 6 star nexus crystals and revives
    Let’s make this package a profile pic of @Kabam Miike and 6* Nexus with full of 30 champs Mike choose.
    I never knew there were 30 different versions of cyclops in the contest
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★

Mario33 said:

Zan0 said:

Mario33 said:

I never knew there were 30 different versions of cyclops in the contest
    There will be my friend. From pink to black every colour.

• MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    I have actually found parry dex to be decent recently. In AQ, and monthly EQ maybe SQ as well. On Samsung Android for what it's worth.
  • Hey there, as some have mentioned, this is a rather complicated issue that stems from changes that occurred to the game engine, which makes up the fundamental building blocks upon which MCOC is built. The team has been hard at work on the changes needed to adjust for this and if it was possible to implement them any faster, while still maintaining the integrity of the game, we would have done so. All that said, we have been able to start getting these changes into the hands of members of the Content Creator Program to start giving feedback on, and still hope to have these changes out to the public by next month. You can find more info in our post here.
This discussion has been closed.