**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Storm buff notesπŸ”₯

Β«1

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Someone took notes from kitty pryde
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,401 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Feel like they mixed Gamora Kitty and PX and this what happened
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Typhoon said:

Honestly, that's what i'm excited about most. And her buff still looks awesome for once
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So she is also getting new animations. It is mentioned first hit final hit and each hit in special attack info
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Seems she's stealing Bishop's thunder :p
    Prowess, shock instead of incinerate, and passive stun on Skill. Plus, where end-game nodes may hamper the ability to parry for prowess, Storm can get her prowess' through normal gameplay.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2022

especially of Characters that new players are more likely to get

Kabam confirms rigged crystalsπŸ₯΄
    Nah, just limited 1* and 2* pools.

EDIT: and now I feel silly.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Glad to see Apocs synergy is unchanged
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

What I love about Storm's Buff is that she remains a simple Character to understand. One of the issues we face when updating old Champions is doing it without adding too much complexity. The game continues to grow and becomes less accessible to new players as we add more complexity, and that's something we want to avoid when doing Buffs, especially of Characters that new players are more likely to get/use.

The tales of the buff program’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Typhoon said:

The sp2 now has 2 hits based on the bio page...hope it's still easy enough to evade lol.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

...especially of Characters that new players are more likely to get/use.

Increased drop rates for older champions confirmed.

(I'm joking.)

(a little)

I know you're all joking, but it's a good time to remind everybody that new players are the primary users of 2-Star Champs, and that earlier Progression Levels have Daily Crystals that only contain Champs from before X year. Although, people are moving through those progression levels much more quickly since the simplification of Acts 1-3
    I had no idea that champs in the daily crystal were year-restricted. Interesting.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

...especially of Characters that new players are more likely to get/use.

Increased drop rates for older champions confirmed.

(I'm joking.)

(a little)

I know you're all joking, but it's a good time to remind everybody that new players are the primary users of 2-Star Champs, and that earlier Progression Levels have Daily Crystals that only contain Champs from before X year. Although, people are moving through those progression levels much more quickly since the simplification of Acts 1-3
    Will storms prowess have a cap?
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2022

Will storms prowess have a cap?

Best question +1
  • BluCitizenBluCitizen Posts: 47 β˜…
    Does this buff mean that I should try to max my 5* Storm or is she still not worth the resources/time? (I'm just about to start Act 5)
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wicket329 said:

Malreck04 said:

I like how the page suggests recoil as a good mastery for her because she’ll be throwing lots of specials lmao

If you run her as a Horseman and/or with the Prof X/Colossus synergy with the recoil tree masteries, she’ll actually be very sustainable.
    How would she be sustainable if recoil keeps taking her health away? Are they saying recoil increases her special attack damage even more?

Curious if she will be good with suicide. It seems that she will do enough damage that it doesn’t matter if her health goes down a bit. Maybe she will be more useful for short fights.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This buff will definitely make her better than she was before at her base itself the synergies and horsemen is going to make her even wilder. This should be good.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nalak8 said:

Wicket329 said:

Malreck04 said:

I like how the page suggests recoil as a good mastery for her because she’ll be throwing lots of specials lmao

If you run her as a Horseman and/or with the Prof X/Colossus synergy with the recoil tree masteries, she’ll actually be very sustainable.
    How would she be sustainable if recoil keeps taking her health away? Are they saying recoil increases her special attack damage even more?

Curious if she will be good with suicide. It seems that she will do enough damage that it doesn’t matter if her health goes down a bit. Maybe she will be more useful for short fights.
    I am assuming that you’d be running willpower with those masteries. As a Horseman, that means healing off of the bleed because she’ll have 100% resistance. If you’re running Prof X/Colossus, then she’ll heal from the poison. So while recoil will take a bite out of health as per usual, she’ll be recovering via willpower off of the debuffs.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    First thing that came to my mind after reading the spotlight.

Horseman Storm + Storm PX/Apoco + Hazard shift/Caltrops = Madness.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I cn see CCP videos with big yellow numbers & 99 stacks of prowesses, with thumbnails screaming "God Tier Damage"
    I cn also see a silent nerf to the Apoc synergy bcoz the heavy animation is changed but overall it's still a positive change & most people don't use that synergy anyway so it's fine
    I cn also see her being more useful & a decent rank-up option for roster diversity
    But I don't see her becoming a top tier champion as the only meaningful utilities she has is immunities & passive stuns against skills
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2022
    edit: never mind. I read the spotlight.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Please change the heavy animation as well. That thing is use by like 10 more different champs in the game. Would love to some diversity in animation.