**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Requesting Specific Information about Lag Issues

Hey Summoners,

We're working hard to resolve the lag issues many of you have encountered since the update earlier this month.
The hotfix seems to have lessened these problems for some players, but not all.

We could use your help, providing specific information that I'll relay to the dev team.

So, if you have downloaded the hotfix (Android users, we're still waiting on word back from Google) and are still encountering lag:

- Where are these crashes being experienced?
- Are these crashes happening after long periods of play? (Lots of fights, arenas, etc.)
- Is the lag present right away or does it build over time?
- Is there lag is specific areas, modes, screens or is it everywhere?
- What device are you playing on?

Please keep your responses productive!
It takes a village.

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    So I am noticing a lot of lag in the game, but only in a few scenarios:
    1. I have been playing the game for a long time
    2. I just exited out of the game. Not closed it, but things like going into a different app and then going back into the game, swiping up and checking my notifications, opening the control center, etc.
    Other than these two scenarios, I haven't noticed a lot of crash or lag. But when these things happen, it's very noticeable. You can really tell that the game starts working slower and it takes longer to go from node to node, change screens, and many other basic things that are usually fast. I haven't seen this type of lag in one specific game mode or another, just generally throughout the whole game. Hope this helps
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    - Where are these crashes being experienced? Everywhere, especially the side quest and the boss fight with Wiccan in the EQ (Ch 3 Quest 2)
    - Are these crashes happening after long periods of play? They happen not only after long periods of play. They've happened when logging in and looking at my inventory or champions as well as going into one fight be that quest, arena, etc.
    - Is the lag present right away or does it build over time? The lag builds up
    - Is there lag is specific areas, modes, screens or is it everywhere? It is spread across the entire game
    - What device are you playing on? iPhone 6
  • Options
    CoołComsCoołComs Posts: 28
    Hey Jax!

Happy to provide my experiences:
    - Where are these crashes being experienced? Mainly Arena for me, however i have crashed in AQ, AW and general quests. Arena is more common as I am in there most of the time
    - Are these crashes happening after long periods of play? (Lots of fights, arenas, etc.) Thinking of this, it happens after playing for an hour+ straight.
    - Is the lag present right away or does it build over time? This builds up over time for me. The difference is night and day from what the game feels like after just opening the app first thing, compared to after even 10 mins of playing
    - Is there lag is specific areas, modes, screens or is it everywhere? I primarily play in Arena, so I notice it in Arena predominantly, however it is noticeable everywhere, going from menu to menu, travelling nodes in quests aq and aw and even trying to load into fights
    - What device are you playing on? iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    - all game modes after roughly 8 minutes of playing. Worse in arena champion screen and losing menus. Really bad when scrolling through crystal vault or champion page.

- mostly after longer times, but also almost instantly after sending the game to the “background” even if only for 3 seconds.

- kind of both. When scrolling it starts right away. In fights, it’s after 3-4 fights that the lag starts.

- it’s pretty much everywhere

- iPhone 8, iOS 15.5

Also, worth a note, I think it was @TheBair123 that noticed when he got lag, the input issue rears it’s ugly head instantly. This is also my experience. Game is fine. Get a bit of lag and the timing is off causing failed parries, random heavies and failed dex. Before I get lag, I have no issues at all except lack of skill.
  • Options
    JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We're working hard to resolve the lag issues many of you have encountered since the update earlier this month.
    The hotfix seems to have lessened these problems for some players, but not all.

We could use your help, providing specific information that I'll relay to the dev team.

So, if you have downloaded the hotfix (Android users, we're still waiting on word back from Google) and are still encountering lag:

- Where are these crashes being experienced?
    - Are these crashes happening after long periods of play? (Lots of fights, arenas, etc.)
    - Is the lag present right away or does it build over time?
    - Is there lag is specific areas, modes, screens or is it everywhere?
    - What device are you playing on?

Please keep your responses productive!
    It takes a village.

-Arena, aq, war (arena the most by far)

-more often the lag comes after playing and it certainly worsens over time. It can appear in the first fight of the day but I encounter it the most grinding arena.

-This could be confirmation bias but I see the lag more often on certain maps/fighting areas. The map where Surtur is riding out of lava in the back lags a lot for me. Same with the avengers tower and danger room. Anything with lots of animation in the background seems to lag me. Also either player initiating often specials leads to lag, frame issues/drops, or mistimings and input problems.

-iOS 15.5, iPhone se 2020.

Jax are you all still checking the input forms too? Because I’ve put a couple megabytes worth of issues and details there too.

Also, is there a way to record vids on iPhone that shows our inputs and hand motions? Because if so I’ll start recording every fight. But as long as you can’t see my attempted inputs all you’re going to see from my vids are choppiness and me getting hit.

I seriously just lost my arena streak on the 7th fight of arena and I’m a cav player that’s been playing since 2017. So the lag is VERY bad.
  • Options
    Zim1960Zim1960 Posts: 30
    IPad Air, IOS is up to date. Still have lag, occasional screen “stutter,” and lost connection. It happens in every game mode except AQ.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    - Where are these crashes being experienced? Haven't experienced any crashes because I'm frequently restarting game.
    - Are these crashes happening after long periods of play? Again, no crashes because when menus becomes that laggy I just force close the game and open it again.
    - Is the lag present right away or does it build over time? The lag builds up after every single fight. After approximately 10 arena rounds or completing 2 paths in Cav difficulty EQ menus are very, very laggy.
    - Is there lag is specific areas, modes, screens or is it everywhere? It is in every menu. My champs, crystal vault, objectives, fight menus e.t.c.
    - What device are you playing on? Nokia 7 plus, Android 10.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    edited June 2022

My game crashes during any game mode (and all game modes) after about 23 minutes of continuous play time. This has been happening for longer than I can remember though iirc the period of time before crash has become shorter over time (meaning it has started crashing more frequently since first noticed in October 2020.)

The latest patch 35.1.1 (the patch released to correct the frozen game on energy use prompts) has done nothing to change this lag and subsequent crash.

The lag builds up over time to where the game becomes sluggish when loading anything then eventually the game will crash.

I am on an iPad Air 3rd gen, iOS 15.5 with the latest game patch. But this has persisted through many patches and iOS updates, so many I can no longer remember how long it has been. Oh wait I put in a post on the iOS lag/crash threads when it first came about, yes the first report was October 2020 game version 28.2.1. 🥺

Here is a video recorded today showing the difference between a fresh game start and after the game has been running for sometime causing “lag”. It includes a crash at the end which will occur in any game mode if I try to load fights after the game has begun to lag. The video is about 3 minutes long but compares various parts of the game in both a “fresh state” and “lag state”.

A couple things to note from this video.
    When scrolling through my inventory in the “lag state” of the game, the game has a hard time registering my swipes and even starts to register them as taps which is why you see the unit store open and the stash overflow open even though my fingers were not near those parts of the screen. https://youtu.be/IAD4xMcRZRU

Everything you said and what I saw on video I'm experiencing too! I thought it's been a while with this issue! I posted in Android bug section three times about it! Hopefully this will be fixed once and for all!!!
  • Options
    Amit_690Amit_690 Posts: 17
    @Kabam Miike Sir, I faced the lag and crashes in all the formats of this game like, quest, aw, aq, arena and in my both devices in which I used to play. Sometimes game lags a lot as soon as I enter a fight after the start of the game and sometimes it lags after playing around 5-6 fights means approx. After 15-20 min. Of starting the game.
    Another issue is Network issue Because of this issue I have to restart my game after every 2-3 fights because it freeze the game totally and sometimes it doesn't allow you to enter the game which is too annoying.
    Also I think there is another issue of this game regarding memory.
    Earlier when I entered a fight I usually did a parry then 5 hit combo but now due lag I was unable to parry the opponent at right time and instead of me he is doing 5 hits combo to me. Which is too annoying, that's why I stopped playing quest for my progress in Act 6 and side quest because it is wasting my potions without any reason. Only doing event quest on auto mode and Aq and aw for the alliance and myself.
    If these issue won't get resolved soon I will definitely quit the game soon forever.
    Right now playing in updated version after the new hotfix.
    Device - Realme 5, Android 10 and Honor 9 Lite, Android 9.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    1) While changing the screens i.e. from home or fight menu to crystals.
    2) After finishing 6-7 fights the game starts lagging and freezing.
    3) The loading time has increased.

• Options

1) While changing the screens i.e. from home or fight menu to crystals.
    2) After finishing 6-7 fights the game starts lagging and freezing.
    3) The loading time has increased.

I'm using android.
  • Options
    The lag builds over time.
  • Options

- Where are these crashes being experienced? Everywhere, especially the side quest and the boss fight with Wiccan in the EQ (Ch 3 Quest 2)
    - Are these crashes happening after long periods of play? They happen not only after long periods of play. They've happened when logging in and looking at my inventory or champions as well as going into one fight be that quest, arena, etc.
    - Is there lag is specific areas, modes, screens or is it everywhere? It is spread across the entire game

Just wanted to added last night I was on Ch 3 Quest 2, Wiccan fight in Master Difficulty and I had 13 times the game crashed in under 20 minutes for just this one fight.

With the side quest I can't even fight the first fight as it keeps crashing each time before the fight starts and does so till I get KOed.

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Current lag experienced in 7.4.1 (Entropic aptitude/quantum overrun), although the lag has also occurred elsewhere this weekend.

Lag builds up after being in game more than about 15 minutes. Screen rendering becomes choppy and controls and responses lag.

This is the main part of the game I’ve played tonight. This weekend similar lag noticed in AW.

Device is a 13 Pro Max with current iOS (15.5) playing via 5G cell signal and via WiFi.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

It’s not them, it’s your phone being too old to catch up to today level. Former iPhone 6 user here where the phone was just not playable for me. You’re better off getting a new phone.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Your phone is at least six years old.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

@Daddrieda and @Colinwhitworth69

I would like to update my phone, but financially that isn't an option. I have responsibilities as a husband and father which I recognize come first before a game.

This is the correct perspective IMO. Sadly hardware requirements advance faster than most of our personal device budgets. Anyway I see a difference in my two iPads -- one is a year old and the other is four years old. There is definitely lag on the older one that I never see on the newer one.

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    I crashed this morning fighting an Anti Venom in this months EQ (uncollected). Very similar to the crashes with Wiccan and the crashes that happened with anti-venom when he was released. Happened within the first combo and after not using my device for several hours.

iOS 15.5
    Latest MCoC version
    iPad Air 4th gen
  • Options
    Harit_kumarHarit_kumar Posts: 76
    Device iphone xr
    Software updated to ios 15.5
    I play on both cellular data and wifi
    Game crash only in arenas
    Arena is the most affected mode for me for a while, game definitely crash within every 30 mins for sure
    I can play quest, aw,aq all day, game won't crash there
    But 30 mins of Arena is 100% chance to crash the game and throw me back on my device home screen and I've to start the game again and again
  • Options
    TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★

• Options
    Thank you for your feedback, everyone!

I have relayed everything to the dev team and continue to have an open dialogue with them on this topic. If anyone else has info to share, we'd appreciate it. Specifically, we're looking for more feedback from android users post-hotfix!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    One of my devices overheats...
    Makes scrolling thru champs in arena almost impossible.
    Also while scrolling it would open the menu as if i "clicked" on a champion.
    Once the device starts feeling warm. It gets really sluggish.
    Funny thing, the overheating is happening on 1 device only, on the Samsung s22 Ultra, game runs fine on my Note10+
  • Options
    Grateful for the refills, health pots, and revives. Kabam this is good start and I really appreciate it. I also appreciate the communication from Kabam Jax! This has been really good communication and I feel this is a step in a positive direction.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Some of the lag continues to be (but is worse since the new system) a bigger issue when fighting with/against champs with a lot of buffs, debuffs, node effects or graphical effects.

I can have this new, worse lag at any point from just opening up the game to after having it open for an hour or more and on any game screen or in any mode. I just did 5 AQ fights after having the game open for about 30 minutes and the 1st, 4th and 5th fights didn't have any huge problems with lag but using Corvus on the 2nd and 3rd fights the game ignored block attempts and also had some freezing and extremely slow movement periods that kept resulting in my being hit with specials, heavies and full combos when the game would resume moving. I went from almost 100% health to less than 10% health in the 2 fights in Map 5 against Doc Octopus and Sabertooth.

I am using a Moto G Power (2020). I have also noticed for some reason that anywhere between 12 am and 3 am Eastern time the lag and loading times for all parts of the game seem to start to get much worse for multiple hours until I eventually give up and go to bed. When I log on again later in the morning or afternoon it is back to being a little bit more responsive than in those late night/early morning hours but still has all the intermittent lag issues we have been talking about, it just isn't as consistently bad as during those specific time frames.