**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gold income not sustainable with 6*R4 champions

2»

Comments

• Options
    joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    I do that as well. But we’re at a point, where some bad RNG with openings prevents you from taking up a certain prestige champion if you don’t want to end up having resources in the overflow. The gold issue comes on top of it. It’s simply a terrible balance of economy.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

xNig said:

joke1004 said:

I don’t get why people are incapable to read. I have t5cc expiring soon. How should I use them, if they’re gone?

Sorry. I didn’t see you mention that. Must have missed it.

Anyway, if you have the resources expiring, the worst case scenario is to sell some 4*s you have for ISO, then sell the ISOs for gold.

I’m sure you have countless 4* sig stones and AGs that are expiring as well (I know I have). So when you get them back you can just awaken and sig them up again.

This is just a stop gap to manage the expiring resources to not let them go to waste.
    You… can’t sell champs?
    Ah sheesh. Totally forgot about that. 😂😂
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    _Sham_ said:

xNig said:

joke1004 said:

I don’t get why people are incapable to read. I have t5cc expiring soon. How should I use them, if they’re gone?

Sorry. I didn’t see you mention that. Must have missed it.

Anyway, if you have the resources expiring, the worst case scenario is to sell some 4*s you have for ISO, then sell the ISOs for gold.

I’m sure you have countless 4* sig stones and AGs that are expiring as well (I know I have). So when you get them back you can just awaken and sig them up again.

This is just a stop gap to manage the expiring resources to not let them go to waste.
    and this guy always jumping in thread to attack people with toxic comments and here he even doesn't know that we can't sell champs. This show your knowledge of game. You are just one of those trolls who are here just to post nonsense on this forum.
    Did I attack him? You’re just projecting. We used to be able to sell champs and it slipped my mind that we can’t do so anymore, since I never do it as I’m never out of gold.

If you’re looking for an argument or just trying to diminish people’s good intentions to make yourself feel useful, look elsewhere.

Now be a good boy and go do your first abyss run.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I get it. Until recently I was sitting on a massive pile at 45 million gold. Once I started taking champs to r4, that dropped fairly quickly down to about 20 million. Now it’s just a matter of spacing out rank ups and running arena. Plus this month’s SQ store had a lot of gold in it to help offset costs, I hope that’s something Kabam continues to do. It was a nice thing to have available.

I usually do one big rank up per level up event now, and that gives me a few days to play with the new toy before the next one rolls around. That’s been sustainable so far. But you’re right, as r4 rankups start to become more common, the standard streams of gold will start to seem more and more inadequate. I don’t think we’re quite there yet, but it’s not very far off.

The key is spacing out ur rank ups.
    There will always be some resource someone is lacking. Just don't rank up till u have enough.

Can u imagine the negative feedback from the community if a newbie would complain that there's not enough catalysts to rank their roster up asap, lol
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Alright everyone, let's cool this thread down a bit.

As always: You can be frustrated, but let's make sure that frustration doesn't manifest in attacks of other forum users.

We don't need to assign blame or point fingers. This will serve as your warning. Keep the comments on topic or the thread goes bye-bye.

Thank you to those of you that have proposed potential solutions, I'd love to see more.

Solutions:

-Update all of the 4hr, 24hr, 3day and alliance based events to include 200% more gold.
    -Replace the regular gold crystals with UC crystals in the glory store
    -Add gold to AW rewards (3M for Masters, 2.5 for Plat and so on)
    -The golden crystal should just be gone form the game. Add a Cav gold crystal and replace the rest with the tier above

That would not completely solve the issue, but it would be a massive step in the right direction.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★

joke1004 said:

So just ignore these posts? Since it’s apparently not an issue? Only because some people aren’t affected? The sheer number of posts should be alarming. But who am I to judge…. Common sense doesn’t seem to be too common nowadays.

Common sense is lacking with those who complain about gold. Have you exhausted every avenue in the game for gold? Run incursions? How much arena do you do?
    Comments like this don't belong on the forums. "lacking common sense"..... You ever think that maybe it's lacking the 8 hours a day to play a video game?
    But you don't need 8hrs a day.
  • Options
    Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    Of course, there will always be a bottleneck. A few months back, it was T4CC for me. But then they upgraded the glory store and increased rank up resource rewards across the board while keeping gold income fairly constant. So now, that bottleneck for so many is gold.

Arena grinders want to pin all the blame on you, even though, objectively we can observe here that many people are short on gold. Demonzfyre can't understand that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing deal. For him it's either no gold problems or 100% there's a problem. Objectively, there is at least some sort of gold income problem for many summoners based on the increased number of posts about gold. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, we can say that summoners who don't have time to do arena are in a tough position with gold and players that have the time to do arena are doing fine with gold. Most players tight on gold don't want to spend their playing time doing arena. Does this mean Kabam needs to do something? No, of course not. If they increase gold income, then the bottleneck will be something else, and players will complain there. But it's irritating seeing how subjective this topic is. Arena grinders will say there's nothing wrong while everyone else is struggling. Very few people are actually objective about this. There is a bottleneck somewhere, and for many of us, it's gold. I'm not sure why this is so contested. Everyone understands that if you go in arena for a few hours every day, you'll have more gold. But this isn't what most of the players have the time for or want to do. Grinding arena because you have to, or else you can't do rank ups to continue story progression, makes the game feel so stale and drives players away.

I'd love to see more UC gold crystals in rewards and have a better option in the glory store. I can't speak for all, but I'm in an excess 10k glory because there's nothing I don't need rank up resources. All I need is gold. Would love to see some updated to incursions and incursion rewards, since that's interesting and fun content that has fairly good gold rewards.

I think gold being the bottleneck is the absolute worst case scenario for players. The game feels so much better when it's a rank up resource bottleneck, personally. When one of the best options for a bottleneck is arena, I want nothing to do with that. That is, by far, the least interesting and most mundane solution--and the fact that people support that choice over just saying it might be okay if Kabam put more gold out there for players, is mindboggling. I'll say it again like on the other post, it doesn't hurt you if Kabam boosted gold income outside of arena for players that don't do arena.

For the arena grinders, we understand you have a different bottleneck. But it's weird that you are so abhorrently opposed when there's ever a mention of gold income problems for non-arena players.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    The problem with gold is that it's most readily available in the most boring parts of the game. Both Incusions and Arena need an overhaul in order to make them fun and/or rewarding to play. As it is right now, I haven't played Incursions in probably a year or two, and while I've recently picked up my arena grinding again after a long hiatus from that game mode, that hiatus was absolutely needed for my enjoyment of the game and general mental health. It's a supremely boring game mode.

This month had a good SQ with a lot of gold. Hopefully that'll be the trend going forward. It was unfortunate that the gold rewards in EQ weren't updated along with the rest of the rewards there, but if SQ can pick up the slack then so be it.
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    A lot of you all are not understanding this post.
    The OP is saying , after spending so much on the game why does the gold that comes along with the bundles lag behind. Why does he have to grind so much even after spending so much on the deals?
    The least Kabam can do is to give more gold in the bundles and stuff. Lots of people cannot be asked to do incursions and arena. Probably that's why they are less of a grinder and instead using money to get ahead without grinding too much. But whats the point if you have to grind anyway even if you spend like a 1000$ dollars for acquiring champs and get a boatload of catalysts but your gold level is at 10 million. 6* R4 will eat up a whole 5 million I believe.
    Asking the OP to grind more arena/incursion is not the solution. The problem lies with the amount of bundled gold in cash based offers and packages.
    Every resource can be bought right ? If you have enough money ? Surely gold must not be the bottleneck after you have bought all the other stuff.
    There needs to be some changes here.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

The OP is saying , after spending so much on the game why does the gold that comes along with the bundles lag behind. Why does he have to grind so much even after spending so much on the deals?
    The least Kabam can do is to give more gold in the bundles and stuff. Lots of people cannot be asked to do incursions and arena. Probably that's why they are less of a grinder and instead using money to get ahead without grinding too much. But whats the point if you have to grind anyway even if you spend like a 1000$ dollars for acquiring champs and get a boatload of catalysts but your gold level is at 10 million. 6* R4 will eat up a whole 5 million I believe.
    Asking the OP to grind more arena/incursion is not the solution. The problem lies with the amount of bundled gold in cash based offers and packages.
    Every resource can be bought right ? If you have enough money ? Surely gold must not be the bottleneck after you have bought all the other stuff.

If you spent $1000 on rank up materials and didn’t budget in the gold side of things, who is really at fault here? Gold can be bought via specific gold crystals, as well as crystals that award champions and selling the excess ISO. Gold can be also be earned. Hence why almost everyone is saying this is a resource management issue and not a fundamental game issue.

For instance, if I bought a TON of food, and it has an expiry date, but I’ve used all my money and have no way to pay the utilities bill so the power will be cut, meaning the food in the fridge or freezer is going to spoil, is it the stores fault for letting me buy all this stuff or is it my fault for not budgeting correctly?
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I have a tip OP, save on CW and whale out on gifting, you'll get more than enough gold
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,018 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

I have a tip OP, save on CW and whale out on gifting, you'll get more than enough gold

Honestly this is what I did a few years back. Built up a ton of units, but the deals that year were bad. Skipped them, explored Abyss, and blew the rest on gifting. That was how I built up my initial nest egg
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

I see. So what you're saying is, if I spend money on stuff, I should get everything I need to use that stuff for free. I can't imagine why game operators everywhere don't understand that.

Yes, everything can be bought. Including gold. If you just want to throw unlimited cash at the game, your gold problems are solved. Buy Uncollected gold crystals (for units) They average about 30k-ish per crystal and cost 40 units per. That's about 23k gold per USD.

Or buy tons of Cav crystals. Less efficient for gold, but you get other stuff besides, including ISO from champion duplication which you're also going to need anyway.

Even spenders have to deal with resource management. They don't get to say I spent on this, I deserve to have the rest of the game respond to my whims. If I bought this, and I need other stuff to use this, give it to me or the game is broken.
  • Options

I think gold being the bottleneck is the absolute worst case scenario for players. The game feels so much better when it's a rank up resource bottleneck, personally.

Some people would rather have problems that are unsolvable, because it lets them off the hook of actually trying to solve them. But the rest would rather have problems that are solvable, so they can try to solve them, even if they fail to solve them.

This schism does not just exist with resource management. There are lots of players who would rather have content be either easy or impossible, because then they are never confronted with failure. "It is just a game" after all. But the rest want a challenge, even if it is a challenge they fail. Failure isn't fun, but the absence of failure makes victory hollow and worthless to them. Losing is the only thing that makes winning, winning.

The idea that gold being the bottleneck is the absolute worst case scenario for "players" probably seems obvious to those players that fit more into the first class of players. But to those that fit more into the second class of players, it is completely unfathomably nonsensical.
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Why wouldn’t you want more gold? No need to complain about adding more
  • Options

Why wouldn’t you want more gold? No need to complain about adding more

Why wouldn't you want more catalysts? Or Shards? Why should anyone complain about that: what possible problem could there be.

I hope you like starting over with 7* champs, by the way. Because that's inevitable. The only question is when. The more stuff we get, the sooner it will happen. Pick your poison.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you are a newer player progressing quickly I can understand always running out of gold. Once you have a large roster of ranked and semi ranked champs, and almost every pull is a dupe rather than a new champ I don't understand it. I just took two champs to R4 and I've still got almost 58 million gold. I'm on round 18 in the featured arena and haven't touched the others so that doesn't exactly qualify me as an arena grinder.