**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Carina Challenge Workaround - Intended?

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
This morning, i took my Joe Fixit up to r5 in preparation for the 6.3.1 Carina Challenge. I wanted to take a test run before I actually do the challenge. Took Fixit, Sunspot, Hyperion, and Yellowjacket, who are all champions you can use for the carina challenge. Then, I also took Hercules, who is not eligible for the challenge.

I finished the path and beat the Black Bolt mini, then got to the Champion Switch node. I switched Hercules for Ultron for synergy purposes, and so my whole team became eligible for the Carina Challenge.

Didn’t expect to do it, but I solo’d Medusa with Fixit, thinking nothing of it. Thought it was a good sign for when I actually do the challenge.

To my surprise, it gave me the credit for beating the challenge. I severely doubt that you’re supposed to be allowed to do this. If someone would be able to confirm if this is an exploit and that I should file a ticket with support to be able to reverse the effects, then that would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

What was the point of taking them out if they did nothing to prevent this lol

I agree. I thought that was the sole reason for taking them down.

I did Revolution in volume 2 last night. I only used the resources in the stash to complete. But If this really happened, it kind of sucks for me. I could have saved the resources for other objectives.
    Completely agree. Either this is intended or they need to take down the challenges again because they didn’t actually fix the issue
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,136 ★★★★★
    Yea I’m run it to the same didn’t though it wil count but apparently I’m got credit it
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    So if I use Herc instead of Doc Oc…

So if I use Herc instead of Doc Oc…

Yes then swapping in doc at the end yes dubt it intended
    @Kabam Miike when at the office let us know

Lol this is exactly what they were supposed to fix 😂

A bit hilarious it didn’t work wel and if there can’t fix it meant no more carina for act6 and 7 and beyond if there can’t fix it
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    I would assume this is intended, since they've been taken down for 2 months now, and Kabam has had ample time to fix any bugs they might have needed to correct/detect, and this seems like a fairly obvious exploit to try and test out.
    Wil love to knew what was fixed. With it
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Bump to find out if I can be salty for waiting after learning this, and not wanting to explain something that should be very clearly not intended.
    Maybe they just gave up, because it caused other problems.
    Or they activated to incorrect challenges.
    Both seem quite paussible.

Bump to find out if I can be salty for waiting after learning this, and not wanting to explain something that should be very clearly not intended.
    Maybe they just gave up, because it caused other problems.
    Or they activated to incorrect challenges.
    Both seem quite paussible.

Or there don’t hav the right tech to do it as there’s like to do
    @Kabam Zibiit anything wil be happy to knew

Thanks for the heads up. We're talking to the team about this as soon as we can.

is it safe to do challenges like i described where you switch out one champ (that does not fit the objectives) at the end for one champ who does to make the team fit the requirements?

Thanks for the heads up. We're talking to the team about this as soon as we can.

is it safe to do challenges like i described where you switch out one champ (that does not fit the objectives) at the end for one champ who does to make the team fit the requirements?
    He will talk with the team isn’t okay to do. Since. It was the Resone there take the carina away in the first place
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Big W.
    Took away carinas for 2 months....Now they are back with nothing changed. Lololol.
    Enjoy guys... Carina doesn't care what means summoners use to complete her challange.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Thanks for the update/follow-up!
    Kabam Jax said:

Immediate follow up!
    Carina's Challenges will be taken down temporarily... again. But they will have them up again very soon. Apparently the build populated with old data. Shouldn't be a lengthy fix.

Updates to follow.

Thanks for the heads op maybe send a in game mail of it so people is aware
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I mean part of me approves of the speed it’s being addressed, but the other part of me wonders why something like Apoc’s horseman bug couldn’t be looked into with such alacrity, when that cost me ½ an Abyss run.
    Beewee said:

This morning, i took my Joe Fixit up to r5 in preparation for the 6.3.1 Carina Challenge. I wanted to take a test run before I actually do the challenge. Took Fixit, Sunspot, Hyperion, and Yellowjacket, who are all champions you can use for the carina challenge. Then, I also took Hercules, who is not eligible for the challenge.

I finished the path and beat the Black Bolt mini, then got to the Champion Switch node. I switched Hercules for Ultron for synergy purposes, and so my whole team became eligible for the Carina Challenge.

Didn’t expect to do it, but I solo’d Medusa with Fixit, thinking nothing of it. Thought it was a good sign for when I actually do the challenge.

To my surprise, it gave me the credit for beating the challenge. I severely doubt that you’re supposed to be allowed to do this. If someone would be able to confirm if this is an exploit and that I should file a ticket with support to be able to reverse the effects, then that would be great. Thanks!

Brooooo you snitched!
    Better that you know now and don’t try and exploit it rather than take the time to do it, lose your rewards, and potentially get banned. I understand that there’s a possibility that they never would’ve figured out, but it’s the best solution for everyone