**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why was Act 6 Buffed?

Comments

• Options
    DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    As someone who got their first r3 after completing act 7,iam saying this
    Practice makes man perfect
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I will come back to this post as I did see some helpful items, but agree we need to come to post to provide help when able and if we don't agree at least do so respectfully.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    @BitterSteel knows the trick, you need a 6* Warlock. I need one too!
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    @Pete_Niko

Can we get an answer to a simple question/set of questions?

What quest are you having issues with? Is that the initial paths or are you going for 100%? Have you watched MCocNoob videos on YT about act 6?

I have a much smaller roster and I have gotten to GM just from his guides. They are awesome and very informative.

• Options
    DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197
    I agree act 6 is hard. I'm stuck on 6.2.1. The life cycle global node just wears me down and I can't figure out how to get past it. I also spend money on champs ( nowhere near as much now because I realise my money is needed elsewhere) but the difference is... I know I'm not very good. It's also one thing to ask for help but it's a whole other demon to slay to actually put that advice (if you can it ) into practice. Not sure what my point is here... but there's my two cents anyway
  • Options
    Jaded said:

I agree act 6 is hard. I'm stuck on 6.2.1. The life cycle global node just wears me down and I can't figure out how to get past it. I also spend money on champs ( nowhere near as much now because I realise my money is needed elsewhere) but the difference is... I know I'm not very good. It's also one thing to ask for help but it's a whole other demon to slay to actually put that advice (if you can it ) into practice. Not sure what my point is here... but there's my two cents anyway

Three secrets to lifecycle.
    1) use a champ that can stun the defender from a special. Allows opening to knock them out while lifecycle refreshes.

2) save your 3rd special for after a knock down to instant ko them. But be sure to wait till you see the lifecycle icon go grey before pressing the special button there is a small delay.

3) use a champion with unblockable specials so you can knock them down with a heavy and immediately throw your special to ko them.
    Awesome! Thankyou! I have asked for advice so many times on this but it's usually either ignored or just advice on which champs to use or the old "get good". This is by far the best advice I've got for this game. I've been stuck on this for months now I'll go and have another crack at it!
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    Accept the fact that you lack the skills.. painful truth.. true.. but it doesn't prevent you from mastering the skills.. parry, dex, re-parry, intercept... throwing cash aka unitman might get you through but might cost more than you want.. so practice is best..

I for one lack patience and skill.. hate long fights.. so have not pushed.

Hope you get through the challenge.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

1) use a champ that can stun the defender from a special. Allows opening to knock them out while lifecycle refreshes.

2) save your 3rd special for after a knock down to instant ko them. But be sure to wait till you see the lifecycle icon go grey before pressing the special button there is a small delay.

3) use a champion with unblockable specials so you can knock them down with a heavy and immediately throw your special to ko them.
    Awesome! Thankyou! I have asked for advice so many times on this but it's usually either ignored or just advice on which champs to use or the old "get good". This is by far the best advice I've got for this game. I've been stuck on this for months now I'll go and have another crack at it!
    Hope it helps. I can provide attacker information as well if needed but Cmm was my mvp when I cleared that content.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Hope it helps. I can provide attacker information as well if needed but Cmm was my mvp when I cleared that content.
    That would great. I'll start a new thread and tag you
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    As others mentioned spend more time in game:

If you dont want to pay for pots? explore lower MeQ, RoL and other story content. Open 4hrs crystals
    You dont want to pay for revives? Easy enough to auto play content on lower Story Quests to grind revives. Open 4 hour crystals
    You dont want to pay for units? Grind out arena, hit at least L4 of 22Hr Events, use your battlechips
    Need some Energy? 4hour crystals, lower story, alliance events, etc..

Mostly everything in this game can be grinded for. Its a matter of money vs time

Lastly, if you can't do a fight just keep on retrying. Hone your skills
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

HB works pretty well too
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Pete_Niko said:

The champs are ridiculous now in act 6. All are around or above 30K, and super aggressive. Also, when I preview, to see which champs to bring, the defenders are roughly 3 times smaller. WTH?

Everyone says it was nerfed, but I watched Seatin’s original videos, from when he first explored act 6, and all the champs are smaller, less aggressive, and there were no glitches, (Dropped inputs or parry issues).

The way it looks now, I will never be able to explore act 6. There’s always some miraculous defensive attack out of nowhere, and I’m dead with an equally miraculous combo.

I’m open to being wrong, but this seems impossible, without revives. It this a pay wall, to force us to use revives?

I’ve been playing for 2 years as a whale, and I have some of the best 6*’s in the game, but I can’t even consider taking on act 6.

My top awakened 6* Champs:
    Herc: R4
    Sabretooth R3
    Doom R3
    Silver Surfer R3
    Kitty Pride R3
    RMags R3
    Apoc R3
    AA R3
    Bishop R3
    BWCV R3
    BWDO R3
    Venom R3
    Storm R3
    Spider-Ham R3
    Hit Monkey R3
    Ultron R3
    Sunspot R3
    I-Hulk R3
    Corvus R3

I would think I should be Able to destroy act 6, but nope.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I’m very down about the game

Thanks!

I wonder what you would've done 2 years ago when it was hard af. Yikes 😂😂😂
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Pete_Niko said:

Thanks, I think.... I mean, yes I'm a whale and I know I'm not great, and most of you were kind enough to drive that point home, but no one answered the main question. Why was act 6 buffed? You all say it was nerfed and way easier now. How? On 6.1.1 Elektra is on the preview screen as 8,890, then jumps to 28,699 when you start the path (don't know why that happens - nodes aren't calculated on preview screen??), but 3 years ago, Seatin did a video and Elektra was at 23,930. That is an increase. It's an even bigger increase with Doc Oc. He used to be 26,529 and now he's 41,210. Add to this the new AI, defenders being more aggressive and continued input issues, and it's a buff. So what about act 6 was nerfed, specifically?

With the understanding that my skill level is not that great, I still feel as though I must be missing some big trick or something. Only recently did I become aware of NOT doing 5 hit combos, but doing a 3 hit, then dashing back and forward for another 3 hit combo, as well as some other attack combinations. I used to do MLLLM for pretty much every combo.

Regarding defender's attacks, I'm also guessing there is some combo/s used by AI, that you all know, and have known for a long time so you don't even think about it; however, for me, I don't know this AI combo and I get destroyed every time. I have to rely on reaction time to get parries or dex's, but the new AI hesitates and pauses and stutters and then hits me a millisecond after a stutter (that made me tap the screen), so then I get smashed. Again, this seems like a buff to me, not a nerf.

I see videos of act 6 gameplay, where the attackers successfully parry attacks when the defender is almost right next to them, and they do this over and over again, having perfect matches whilst never getting hit. That's complete bs. There's no way any human has that good of a reaction time, and never misses a parry, unless of course there is a trick or a known combo that the AI always uses. Or, maybe those videos are click bait and created by cheaters???? That's a stretch, but I'm grasping at straws.

Fun note about the perfect gameplay videos: These gameplays often have attackers using an R3, but they don't even try to get the 20% bonus. This is what makes me think it could be cheaters, maybe using some program where they can't touch the screen??? Why would they not want the bonus, or even try for it?? Makes no sense. You are literally perfect for gameplay, but can't even hit the yellow portion of the bonus bar??? Again, BS...

This is the Seatin Video I was referring to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME-vc4jCjEI

Recap:

What specifically was nerfed?
    Why are preview champ sizes smaller?
    What's the secret to never getting hit?

For starters, the preview issue is a bug so don't get too caught up with that. Secondly, I know a lot of people are saying act 6 was nerfed to the ground, and in some sense it really was. Adding in the champion selector before each boss fight makes everything ridiculously easier. However, it is still true that there is a touch of exaggeration here. Many of these people have much stronger rosters than when they initially touched act 6 and so it feels much easier to get through. Also, there were a large number of fights in which the defenders' attack and health pools were reduced. But something to your credit that everyone seems to be glossing over is the fact that outside of champ selectors before the boss fights, they didn't quite "nerf" it. Rather, they more or less "balanced" it. There was one YouTuber who made a video showcasing the changes in ratings and attack and health pools upon the latest nerf and it was clear that at least prior to 6.3 (everything beyond 6.3 save the GM had attack and health reductions), all of the path fights had increased in attack and health. It is also worth noting, however, that they did this in tandem with reductions of attack and health for the bosses in each quest. So in that sense, it is still easier, but they definitely increased the level of, if not quest difficulty as a whole, the path-clearing difficulty for players who have not yet earned the cavalier title. All in all, I would have to agree with basically everyone else here saying it is in fact a skill issue, but thankfully, getting better at the game takes less than it does to get as good of a roster as you currently have, at least from a monetary standpoint, so I wouldn't sweat it much. For reference, I have an ally mate who had built up a roster of a couple of r3s- which is a couple more than most of us had when we first cleared act 6 but still- as a cavalier player who cleared everything from 6.2 to 6.4 in 14 hours with everything except the grandmaster running him around 200 units. I know you're doing exploration but if this guy can do that in 200 units there's still a big gap. Anyhow, it'd be a real shame to have that good of a roster and not try to get better at the game so I do hope you find ways to improve. Best of luck in your act 6 exploration.

tl;dr they did buff early path fights but still nerfed act 6 as a whole in terms of overall difficulty

Side note: Personally, I have about 20 r3 6*s and the mats to nearly take 2 6*s to r4 and I have yet to 100% explore act 6- though that has more to do with my lack of interest than anything else. Point being, having a good roster does not automatically equate to having act 6 exploration in the bag. Just throwing that out there for some of the people here.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    I refuse to believe this isn’t a troll post. I got my brother who has never even touched mcoc (though he has experience with fighting games like street fighter) taught him basic parry, evade mechanics and explained to him the abilities of the champs on the oscillate path of 6.3.1. After about 30-40 mins of practice he literally got all the way to electro just a couple fights away from the boss. I had him only use champs you listed you have except a r2 cable with r4 herc, r3 ultron, 5* r5 immortal hulk and r3 apoc. It took my brother from never playing the game before maybe an hour tops to basically clear a lane pretty deep in act 6 with that good of a roster to play with.

There’s literally no way act 6 is unfeasible to you after 2 years of play, whaling(access to a lot of units) and with some of the best champs in the entire game.

Also, he called people who can parry right after the end of a 5 hit combo or when the defender is close to them, literally a basic game mechanic cheaters. It has to be bait.
  • Options
    Pete_NikoPete_Niko Posts: 19
    Circling back around to this.

Thanks to those who wrote real responses. Seriously, thanks.

Here’s what I have and where I’m at.

Paragon
    171 six stars
    28 R3’s
    7 R4’s

R4’s: Doom, BWDO, Herc, Scorpion, AA, Ultron

I still need to finish 4 lanes in 6.1.1.

I’m still trying to complete the Elekrtra / Morningstar / AA path, and I can get to AA easily enough, but he runs through my champs like they’re butter. My big issues during this fight is: 1. the pure inability to parry or dex. With all the stutters, it’s near impossible to do it with any regularity. Instead I hold block, and then he hits into my block and then pulls off a super fast heavy and destroys me anyway, and 2. I’ve tried numerous champs, even going so far as to copy 5* rosters from YouTube videos, but using my 6* champs, and I can’t hit him for the same damage as the videos did, (with 5*s!!) Do I HAVE to run suicides? I’m hitting him for 100 or 500, and every once in a while a crit for 2-3k. He hits me once and I’m down 25%, I can take him down with a few tech champs, but again, to finish the path, I’ll need units. Seems like a pay wall, but again, I’m open to being wrong.

The other paths I need to finish in 6.1.1 are:
    Moon Knight / Guillotine
    Agent Venom / Red Skull
    Joe Fixit / Mordo

Just currently stuck on the AA path.

Questions:

1. Do I have to run suicides?
    2. If not suicides, what should I run?
    3. Is anyone willing to record the completion of the AA path, and post it? I’ve looked for it on youtube, but there are no recent videos.
    4. What else should/could I do?

Thanks for listening (reading).

Pete
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Pete_Niko said:

The champs are ridiculous now in act 6. All are around or above 30K, and super aggressive. Also, when I preview, to see which champs to bring, the defenders are roughly 3 times smaller. WTH?

Everyone says it was nerfed, but I watched Seatin’s original videos, from when he first explored act 6, and all the champs are smaller, less aggressive, and there were no glitches, (Dropped inputs or parry issues).

The way it looks now, I will never be able to explore act 6. There’s always some miraculous defensive attack out of nowhere, and I’m dead with an equally miraculous combo.

I’m open to being wrong, but this seems impossible, without revives. It this a pay wall, to force us to use revives?

I’ve been playing for 2 years as a whale, and I have some of the best 6*’s in the game, but I can’t even consider taking on act 6.

My top awakened 6* Champs:
    Herc: R4
    Sabretooth R3
    Doom R3
    Silver Surfer R3
    Kitty Pride R3
    RMags R3
    Apoc R3
    AA R3
    Bishop R3
    BWCV R3
    BWDO R3
    Venom R3
    Storm R3
    Spider-Ham R3
    Hit Monkey R3
    Ultron R3
    Sunspot R3
    I-Hulk R3
    Corvus R3

I would think I should be Able to destroy act 6, but nope.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I’m very down about the game

Thanks!

you can take my terrible roster that is TB which is done with 8.1 if I can have your roster and do act 6 again.
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    As someone that is currently trying to complete Thronebreaker this is all helpful.
    My take. I spend, but not much as I don’t want to Unitman through content. I took my time trying to complete this all with frequent breaks to collect resources. Am I skilled? I have moments of perfection. And many more times of irritation. I know what I need to do, but for those that say get good, it’s not always that simple. Everyone’s ceiling for skill at anything is different. I am decent, but there has never been a time during act 6 that I did not need to revive a champ at least once for a boss fight. I know there is no way I will get it right EVERY time with a dex or an intercept and I will get tagged. And some paths were such a PITA that I was not starting over once I was at a boss fight.

My experience has been this. The overall re-balance of the health pool is weird. There are some chapters the easy path is bloody hard even with the right counters and the boss is an afterthought. Others that you storm through the path to get to a stupid hard boss fight. It just feels like it’s all over the place for difficulty and that is my biggest complaint. 6.3.1 is a HUGE wall. Some have said it’s a big jump and it is and that doing it sort of breaks you in for the rest of act 6 content. I disagree. The BB could be a boss fight on its own and Medusa was big pile of suck. Lots of way easier stuff after.

So for the OP, I agree but also disagree. It should be hard. Your roster is better and higher level than mine (not by a lot) but I am not without champs as I have A LOT of maxed 5* champs, 10 R2 6* and one R3 6* (that was pure luck as I kept pulling mutant T5 frags). To get this content done. So I am. You can too. Watch videos on what to do and practice. Don’t expect to get it perfect. I go in with a budget on resources based on what I see and how I think I am going to be able to handle it. I try to limit myself to a certain amount of resources per path including the boss. If I am off pace early I stop and restart before I use anything. Once I commit then I am in. Some I have used almost none, others I have overspent. But overall I am exactly where I thought I would be.

For those that pushed through the content pre re-balance I salute your skill and ability to punish yourself for completing ridiculous content. There should be 2 Thronebreaker titles in my book. OG Thronebreaker and Thronebreaker. It’s a badge of honour as far as I am concerned.

I am presently collecting resources for my assault on 6.4.6 as I just completed 6.4.5 yesterday. I have a stockpile of revives. But I like to over compensate just in case.

Completion will be a bit. Wish me luck. Even looking at the GM gives me anxiety.

Champs (duped unless noted)
    R3 6* Sunspot (not duped)
    R2 6* She Hulk
    R2 6* Herc (not duped)
    R2 6* Kitty
    R2 6* Dragon Man
    R2 6* Hit monkey (not duped)
    R2 6* Mordo (not duped)
    R2 6* CMM
    R2 6* Odin (not duped)
    R2 6* Ghost (not duped)

R5 Stealthy
    R5 Fury
    R5 Doom
    R5 BWCV
    R5 Thing
    R5 Invisible Woman
    R5 Proxima
    R5 Corvus
    R5 Magik
    R5 Warlock
    R5 Ultron
    R5 G2099
    R5 Red Mags (not duped)
    R5 AA
    R5 Apoc
    R5 Iceman (not duoed)
    R5 BWDO
    R5 Elsa
    R5 WAGS
    R5 Starky
    R5 Doc Oc
    R5 Spider Ham
    R5 CapIW
    R5 Sabretooth
    R5 Hype

Next R5 is Professor X so I don’t have to deal with reverse controls. Yes I have everything I need, I know. Team suggestions are welcome. Already know I am taking the cosmic path. Tried it out a few times and won’t be a problem.