**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Relics?

Ok....the 12th we will have the battlegrounds again, but aren t supposed to be introduced in the game the relic system too?
No one talks about them anymore....

Comments

• Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Why?
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I don’t think they ever tied Relics to Battlegrounds. And I don’t think we’ll be seeing relics until after 6* R5, as I believe that’s the next step instead of 7*.

But it’s all a wait & see game
    Etm34 said:

I don’t think they ever tied Relics to Battlegrounds. And I don’t think we’ll be seeing relics until after 6* R5, as I believe that’s the next step instead of 7*.

They said that the relics would be sold in the battlegrounds store....

The initial plan was to have them launch together, but we didn't want to launch 2 major new additions to the game at the same time. Too much potential for things to go wrong.

We'll have more information on Relics for you in the next month or two!

Thanks
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    I am not super familiar to relics in other games. How does it work? Is it like e.g. a special fire glaife for Corvus so he’ll be able to incinerate on basic hits? Or is it a misunderstanding?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    Something tells me we're getting both 7* and relics though not at the same time. What if relics is a 7* only mechanic similar to adrenaline for 6* or 5* sp3 mini? Or my other idea is relics are a squad enhancing mechanic not just a single champ mechanic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Something tells me we're getting both 7* and relics though not at the same time. What if relics is a 7* only mechanic similar to adrenaline for 6* or 5* sp3 mini? Or my other idea is relics are a squad enhancing mechanic not just a single champ mechanic.

I suspect they're not a replacement for 7*s. I can't see that as a reasonable replacement for a new Rarity. Not in the long-term, anyway. Time will tell what's on the horizon.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

I suspect they're not a replacement for 7*s. I can't see that as a reasonable replacement for a new Rarity. Not in the long-term, anyway. Time will tell what's on the horizon.
    I agree. I fully expect 7* to arrive sooner rather than later. I'm just wondering if relics is a 7* only mechanic or if they are gonna be a whole squad enhancer or single champ enhancer. Possibly both.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Beewee said:

Imma be real. If its either 7* or relics. Just introduce 7* champs. I dont want to see relics touch this game

I'm curious, what do you think Relics would look like if you don't want them in the game?
    At one point they'll probably be +X% HP and attack. For now will likely be just minor things like increased potency on dome abilities, or +Y armor rating or some other stat
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Didn’t we had some kind of relics back when the thanos event was? I remember that we had infinity stones which made avengers stronger ?
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

They said that the relics would be sold in the battlegrounds store....
    My bad, haven’t seen that post
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    im 100% with @Maratox on this one
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

The initial plan was to have them launch together, but we didn't want to launch 2 major new additions to the game at the same time. Too much potential for things to go wrong.

We'll have more information on Relics for you in the next month or two!

Thank you. Glad to hear an update on this feature! Looking forward to the full release of battlegrounds
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Nemsa_M4n said:

7* champs will be the end for a lot of people, no one wants to go through the whole episode of chasing a new roster just like we did with 4*s, 5*s and again with 6*s. It's old already

So I understand your point, and to some extent agree with it. On paper I don’t feel like I’d be happy to go through another round of chasing new champions.

But what is a realistic alternative? I feel like we can all agree that if nothing is added then the game will die out and we will all be forced to quit anyway.

So what is the alternative? Relics could be it, but really it’s just the same grind for different things. Instead of a 7* Hercules you’ll be chasing an “Epic Belt of Hercules”. The chase will be the same, am I missing something or is that what people want?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

Nemsa_M4n said:

7* champs will be the end for a lot of people, no one wants to go through the whole episode of chasing a new roster just like we did with 4*s, 5*s and again with 6*s. It's old already

So I understand your point, and to some extent agree with it. On paper I don’t feel like I’d be happy to go through another round of chasing new champions.

But what is a realistic alternative? I feel like we can all agree that if nothing is added then the game will die out and we will all be forced to quit anyway.

So what is the alternative? Relics could be it, but really it’s just the same grind for different things. Instead
    MCoC 2 with a new game engine
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    So my personal opinion….

R5 5* can still handle every piece of content in the game, rather easily. Battlegrounds is probably the one thing where you “really need” 6* to be competitive, if you want. All story mode, EQ, SQ, AQ and mostly AW (save master and p1 and p2) can be handled by 5*. So introducing 7* will really only affect the alliances that want a top 20 spot.

Yeah, it would suck to have 7* implemented, but as long as Kabam scales it how they did with 6*, I see no problem for everyone outside of the top 3% of players on those specific alliances.