**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Minimize wasting energy [merged]

2»

Comments

• Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★
    Same number of moves as every month. They just didn’t put empty nodes between the 6 fights and put them all at the end this time.

I would love if everyone map going forward was start node, how ever many paths branch off the start in the somewhat straight line and the. Converge back on boss.

Would be a huge QoL increase to. It have to scroll around and figure out where different portals go and what not. I don’t think the map design does anything for the game
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

SCP1504 said:

It looks terrible and feels wasteful, not to mention making you run almost the exact same path twice to cover like 1 dotted line
    Which happens in act 6 several times iirc

It's the same thing when people would rather pay 15£ with free shipping than pay 10£ and 5£ for the exact same good

And nothing about a circle says wrestling lol

If someone complained that they had to pay £10 and £5 shipping rather than £15 straight up I’d tell them they were complaining about nothing as well. It’s the same total cost.

Except if you don’t like what you ordered and need to return the thing, you will only get a refund for the product minus the shipping charge. So if you paid £15 you get £15 back. If you paid £10+5 you only get £10 as a refund.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

SCP1504 said:

It looks terrible and feels wasteful, not to mention making you run almost the exact same path twice to cover like 1 dotted line

It's the same thing when people would rather pay 15£ with free shipping than pay 10£ and 5£ for the exact same good

If someone complained that they had to pay £10 and £5 shipping rather than £15 straight up I’d tell them they were complaining about nothing as well. It’s the same total cost.

Except if you don’t like what you ordered and need to return the thing, you will only get a refund for the product minus the shipping charge. So if you paid £15 you get £15 back. If you paid £10+5 you only get £10 as a refund.
    I don’t want to get dragged down in a technicalities debate. This is a point to level at @SCP1504 who brought it in as an analogy for energy use. You can’t refund energy use, so I think it’s a fairly moot point.

If you think it’s not the same thing then bring it up with him, I was just taking the analogy at face value about cost to the buyer/player - you can’t refund energy, so why address that part of the analogy?
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    edited September 2022

I was just about to create a post about this. What a bunch of hot garbage - 30 energy for nothing. I've been mad at that last 3 after the boss the past few times, but this is ridiculous.

Those energy moves would have been in between the champions either way. They’ve just been moved to the end, you haven’t been cheated of anything don’t worry.
    We're on a 9 day record breaking heatwave out here. "Saving energy" is required by the State and it's on my mind 24/7 ;)

It just feels cheap to do all those moves and burn the energy for the sake of making it the same cost around a map picture. I had 21 full energy in overflow going into this so I don't need it, but the design still feels like waste... Even though it's the same energy cost (yes, I know).
    Arent you the one who supported with 6* shards arena the way it being is, now agree to this too
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

SCP1504 said:

You can still quit the quest in middle and deal with the energy loss
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Arguing the same amount of Energy and where they place the moves is a bit arbitrary, no? It could be a 30 Energy path to one Fight and it would be the same thing.
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    The energy is the same. I just wish autofight could automatically use portals or take any unexplored path. All the portals and diverging paths is annoying when autofighting.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

SCP1504 said:

I don’t want to get dragged down in a technicalities debate. This is a point to level at @SCP1504 who brought it in as an analogy for energy use. You can’t refund energy use, so I think it’s a fairly moot point.

If you think it’s not the same thing then bring it up with him, I was just taking the analogy at face value about cost to the buyer/player - you can’t refund energy, so why address that part of the analogy?
    My apologies. I should have quoted both of you. The point I was making is that the analogy doesn’t fit here.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    This is an abused amount of wasted energy and the last chapter has 7 paths so we have to do that 7 times.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

This is an abused amount of wasted energy and the last chapter has 7 paths so we have to do that 7 times.

Except you'd be using the same amount of the map was designed differently. Some of y'all just need something to complain about.
  • Musha27Musha27 Posts: 119
    Gogi said:

Musha27 said:

Honestly
    Not to be rude but I don't get the whole point of this. There are no fights on either paths so why we couldn't just go straight to the boss?

Listen to your leader and join AQ instead of whining on the forums..less then six hours to go.
    I was already in the bg but lol🤣
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I can get behind improving auto fighting to be able to pick an unexplored path.
    Aside from that, the matter of the shape of the map seems to be quite petty.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Lets just go to the main point and reason why this layout is annoying...
    Its not the energy . Its not that it takes more or less cause it takes the same as months before..
    Its annoying cause we can't auto fight lower levels and go have a drink and do something else due to the many portals...
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    Crys23 said:

The energy cost isnt the issue. It's the double portals, both ways. The person who designed this hates auto fight

I just wish they got rid of portals entirely, unless its like that doctor strange side quest where u randomly teleport to a path.

I mean whats the point? To look cool in design? Just give us plain and simple organized lines, not all quests need to be like LOL or Abyss ffs.

- Its annoying af to keep teleporting
    - Compromise autofight
    - Waste more energy
    - Sometimes a misclick teleporting can ruin the entire path u did depending on the quest
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Except you'd be using the same amount of the map was designed differently. Some of y'all just need something to complain about.
    And how many of your posts are you complaining about other peoples comments? Over 50% ?
    There's an original comment 🙄
  • TeufelHundenTeufelHunden Posts: 104
    Wow
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★
    Last quest of eq might be my favorite design ever.. bunch of straight lines. I can easily scan the map for any problems and minimized auto fight issues. Ever better would be if the lines converged back into a 1 lanes vs the portal. Everyone stop complaining too, there’s no wasted energy, it’s same as always.

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Gogi said:

I love this design, easy to follow and nice, and the number 1 in a circle is a nice finish.
    Good job Kabam!

I agree here. It's fun to see the map paths make interesting designs. Now, is it somewhat inconvenient this month with the portals on this map... sure but this is nothing new. There have always been some paths in maps that have funky portal jumps that make you do a double take to ensure you are going the intended path. I do a lot of auto-fighting to 100% all the maps and it would be nice if these were a bit more straight-forward when making the paths/design/layout but overall I don't mind.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    whether its 6-9 between each fight, or a cluster of champs, and then 36 energy until the end... the grand total is about the same.

The real complaint about energy should e in the side event. 11 energy per path, 6 paths per week, 4 difficultiers, 4 paths per week. That's 15 energy refills worth, or 88 hours of waiting 5 minutes (more hours if you don't have sigil) to spend on the side event. If there weren't other content needing energy coming out this month, or it was a "5 week month", I wouldn't care... but this month... that's pretty rotten.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Oh god. Every day the number of fruitless debates surprise me. It should be an open and shut case since literally any energy cost above 0 is "wasting" energy. But this on form for Mcoc forums