**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is sandbagging finally fixed or is it just me?

Comments

• CytaCyta Posts: 101
    I just thought of something interesting...making few new accounts, till i get 30 champs..and go to bg..dont think there are many under 1k prestige accounts out there, so in most cases i will be facing myself...with 10 accounts, i could grind myself to top 10 on all of them...no cheating, just playin by their new rules :)))
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Had it happen a number of times in this new season and it’s been very frustrating
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Cyta said:

I just thought of something interesting...making few new accounts, till i get 30 champs..and go to bg..dont think there are many under 1k prestige accounts out there, so in most cases i will be facing myself...with 10 accounts, i could grind myself to top 10 on all of them...no cheating, just playin by their new rules :)))

BGs is restricted to Uncollected and above so just playing until you have 30 Champs is likely going to occur prior to that happening.
  • CytaCyta Posts: 101
    K00shMaan said:

Cyta said:

BGs is restricted to Uncollected and above so just playing until you have 30 Champs is likely going to occur prior to that happening.
    Oh, ok, my bad then, didnt know they are UC+ Thanks for that info :wink:
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    Sandbagging still works.
    When I use my proper deck I'm facing similar decks or higher strength.
    I've tried sandbagging last couple of days (because I was sick of losing to sandbaggers) and my opponents are much weaker, and I'm often matched against other sandbaggers.
    If you want those trophy tokens and easy wins, sandbagging is the way to go.
    Kabam don't care, it's been a week since they "fixed sandbagging" but it's not fixed and more and more are doing it.
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Sandbagging still works.
    Kabam don't care, it's been a week since they "fixed sandbagging" but it's not fixed and more and more are doing it.

As previously discussed in these forums, in multiple threads, the changes the team initially implemented did not work as intended.

Additionally, we updated the BG matchmaking system yesterday, attempting to eliminate sandbagging! Hooray! If you found success with it in the last few days... it might be tough for you in the next little while.

We've seen a lot of people asking for full disclosure on the matchmaking parameters, and it's something we're not willing to provide with full transparency at this time. While it should be incredibly difficult to circumnavigate with these new changes, providing every detail will arm some with the fuel they need to try to exploit the system.
    I am sorry, but any form of matchmaking in a game mode that only has two tiers and has everyone competing for the same rewards is not logical. This mode is about stack ranking, the best players or players with the best strategy/decks should be at the top. By creating any form of matchmaking outside of the current tier you are in does not work. Either we need to match only by who is in the tier we are in OR you need to create tiers like in AW that naturally has the lower level players near the bottom, the top players at the top and everyone else in between.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    rel="Dragoon81">Going to go out on a limb here and say it is not random but based on Prestige now not deck. Which is going to hurt a lot of people still.

I thought prestige too at first but the thing is I have been matched with a couple Paragons who were obviously miles above me in prestige. So, it's not 100% based around prestige and it's not 100% random either, the only thing I'm sure of is that it now matches you only with people in the same league as you.
    Cyta said:

Don't, they said using burner accounts to match yourself is against the rules and will probably get you banned lol.

Sandbagging still works.
    When I use my proper deck I'm facing similar decks or higher strength.
    I've tried sandbagging last couple of days (because I was sick of losing to sandbaggers) and my opponents are much weaker, and I'm often matched against other sandbaggers.
    If you want those trophy tokens and easy wins, sandbagging is the way to go.

I made it from silver 3 to gold 3 in two days, why is it that some of you are facing so many yet I've barely faced any lately? No offense but I think some of you are just overreacting.
    I was one of the most vocal people here in the forums regarding sandbagging so it wouldn't make sense for me to say the issue is fixed if it wasn't.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I'm in the GC now so I'll have to wait till next season to see how bad it is.
    TyEdge said:

Kabam Jax said:

Sandbagging still works.

As previously discussed in these forums, in multiple threads, the changes the team initially implemented did not work as intended.

Additionally, we updated the BG matchmaking system yesterday, attempting to eliminate sandbagging! Hooray! If you found success with it in the last few days... it might be tough for you in the next little while.

We've seen a lot of people asking for full disclosure on the matchmaking parameters, and it's something we're not willing to provide with full transparency at this time. While it should be incredibly difficult to circumnavigate with these new changes, providing every detail will arm some with the fuel they need to try to exploit the system.
    I think this was before your time, but war matchmaking used to have a hidden prestige component. It sounds like BGs has effectively implemented a similar system to the one that war abandoned a few years ago.

By the end of the year, I’ll have 9 r4 champs. It sounds like I’ll have to slog through the lower ranks against other paragon players while weaker rosters get to play against weaker opponents.

If you want to protect lower players, then introduce a feature that rewards game progression. Pokemon Unite gives a modest head start each season based on your prior progression. If TB players banked the bronze rewards and started in silver and paragon started in gold, you’d shorten the path to gladiator circuit, enable progression from lighter rosters, and encourage participation.

If ranking up champs just gets me tougher opponents, what’s the point of ranking up champs?
    Have most of your matches been against stronger Paragons?
    Most of my matches have been against same level as me people or somewhat stronger but nothing too crazy, except for two or three Paragons and a modder here in there but most of my matches I'd say were pretty fair.

I do agree, we shouldn't all automatically be reset to bronze every new season, we should just drop a few leagues depending on where we placed last season. This however wouldn't fix sandbagging, it would just be a band aid, one what would eventually come off so the issue wouldn't be fixed permanently which is what they're aiming for.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Matches have so far been more 'fair' - my opponents generally have the same level as my highest ranked champions.

I tested it out by creating a deck of just 3-stars, and I was still matched with someone whose deck contained 5 and 6* champions.
    Graves_3 said:

Looks like matchmaking shifted to prestige based now. Guess I can go back to getting my 3 fights for objectives. No point spending more energy or elder marks.

Did you try a couple fights? If it is based on prestige then my question is how big of a gap can there be in prestige when it matches you with someone. If the gap isn't huge it shouldn't be much of a problem
    IamGrO_ot said:

He/she left the building…😂🤣

Ya love to see it lmao
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Sandbagging still works.

I've just done 3 matches with my strongest roster.
    I lost all 3 due to matching better rosters.
    I then did 3 matches with half 2*.
    I won all 3 due to matching 1 lower account and 2 other sandbaggers.
    But yeah, it's fixed 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Kabam Jax said:

Sandbagging still works.

I've just done 3 matches with my strongest roster.
    I lost all 3 due to matching better rosters.
    I then did 3 matches with half 2*.
    I won all 3 due to matching 1 lower account and 2 other sandbaggers.
    But yeah, it's fixed 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Screenshots?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Kabam Jax said:

Sandbagging still works.

I think this was before your time, but war matchmaking used to have a hidden prestige component. It sounds like BGs has effectively implemented a similar system to the one that war abandoned a few years ago.

By the end of the year, I’ll have 9 r4 champs. It sounds like I’ll have to slog through the lower ranks against other paragon players while weaker rosters get to play against weaker opponents.

If you want to protect lower players, then introduce a feature that rewards game progression. Pokemon Unite gives a modest head start each season based on your prior progression. If TB players banked the bronze rewards and started in silver and paragon started in gold, you’d shorten the path to gladiator circuit, enable progression from lighter rosters, and encourage participation.

If ranking up champs just gets me tougher opponents, what’s the point of ranking up champs?
    Have most of your matches been against stronger Paragons?
    Most of my matches have been against same level as me people or somewhat stronger but nothing too crazy, except for two or three Paragons and a modder here in there but most of my matches I'd say were pretty fair.

I do agree, we shouldn't all automatically be reset to bronze every new season, we should just drop a few leagues depending on where we placed last season. This however wouldn't fix sandbagging, it would just be a band aid, one what would eventually come off so the issue wouldn't be fixed permanently which is what they're aiming for.
    It feels like most rosters I face are stronger than mine or the same. Right now I have 4.5 rank 4s (one champ is 24/55). Some of what I’m seeing is exceedingly high PIs from r4 sig 200s, usually Doom and Herc. I just got Herc and he’s being ranked and awakened. I don’t have Doom.

Every other part of this game is a combination of roster, skill, and expenditures (whether that’s in-game resources or cash). I spent $50 and 25,000 units on Cyber Weekend. By the end of the year, I’ll have added Herc (new), Knull (r3, recently awakened), Kitty (pulled in early Nov, r3 now), and Spidey 99 (old) to my stable of r4 champs.
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Looks like matchmaking shifted to prestige based now. Guess I can go back to getting my 3 fights for objectives. No point spending more energy or elder marks.

Did you try a couple fights? If it is based on prestige then my question is how big of a gap can there be in prestige when it matches you with someone. If the gap isn't huge it shouldn't be much of a problem
    14.8k vs a 15.9k. The problem is not the prestige gap. The problem is that prestige is decided by top 5 champs. The person I faced off had almost all r4’s compared to 5 of mine. I did win the match so not complaining about this. It’s just the segregation of matchups based on prestige. I guess that’s what kabam wants and I am satisfied just doing 3 matchups every 2 days. No point in slogging/grinding against huge accounts in low tiers.
    Prestige bands overlap a lot for r3/4. A sig1 Nick Fury can hide at r4. I have unduped nimrod at r4 because I love him. If you have some r3 200 champs, you’re gonna get stung for that.
    So I just got paired with someone whose top 4 champs were better than my #1. Their 5 and 6 were better than my #2.

If prestige is driving the boat here, something is wrong. (On a positive note, I also got matched with an all 2-star forfeit deck…thanks?)
    TyEdge said:

So I just got paired with someone whose top 4 champs were better than my #1. Their 5 and 6 were better than my #2.

If prestige is driving the boat here, something is wrong. (On a positive note, I also got matched with an all 2-star forfeit deck…thanks?)

Yeah people keep saying it's prestige but Kabam replied to my ticket saying it's completely random, doubt they're lying considering all the matches I've played myself. Who knows, one thing's for sure though, sandbagging gives zero advantages now.

Kabam Jax said:

Sandbagging still works.

Out of curiosity, why are kabam not taking the lessons learnt from the AW matchmaking debacle the other year and applying them to battlegrounds?
    Why not just match based on ranking and nothing else? That way there’s no system to manipulate.
    People will figure out how the matchmaking changes work and they will abuse it until there’s nothing to be abused
    The split between the two circuits makes that a challenge.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    I think it's fixed but can't be sure but I think the fact I got matched with one with my deck with 6r4 and 6r3 indicates yes. Got matched up with a sandbagger in Gold 1 who had at least 8 1* champs - he quit after the first round :D