**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about saving crystals.

I want a clarification from a mod here about the crystals . Lets say i got an abyss nexus from the gifting event will the crystal have the new champions on it if i open it on February? The same question apply for all the crystals.

Comments

• It has whatever is in the basic pool of champions at the time of opening.

So if you have a tech abyss nexus and want iron, you have to wait until January 31st for him to be added to the basic pool, then you can get him from the nexus you saved
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 506 ★★★

I added this to another thread which is seemingly invisible. We need answers.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    What actually is the question asked to support (although I know forums can’t really post Support ticket responses).

And define “in Basic Pool” nowadays (aka, Infamous Ironman reference in reply) ??

Some crystals are fixed (special focused “preview” champ crystals), but otherwise they tend to be based on what is in that crystal at time of opening no matter when you had purchased or earned it.

As to I.IM, if say an Abyss crystal (or purchasable Cav crystal, etc) with chances of 3*/4*/5*/6* in them, does a certain new champ go into a Cav crystal at the point they become available in a 4* (or a Premium 2/3/4) crystal.
    But what if they are still in the Feature 15000 5* or 6* crystals at that time (which themselves have different expirations between the 5* and the 6*), as to when they roll-over into their corresponding Basic 5* or 6* crystal.
    (EDIT, I forgot, 5* and 6* new ones eventually do go into their Basic 10000 even while still in their 15000 Feature without waiting full 90 day Feature run).

Are they in the Cav crystal only as a 3*/4* at the time they go into the 4* or PC pool, or as 5* and 6* as well right then ?
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115

That is the answer that guy got.
  • jayb8008jayb8008 Posts: 76
    edited January 2023
    I too would like clarification on this from a mod. I believe the support person is wrong as well, but I'd like an official response. I'd imagine there are a bunch of people sitting on tech nexus crystals waiting for Infamous Iron Man (myself included.) I'd be beyond disappointed if the support person is correct and that is now a thing.

I'm fairly certain I sat on a cosmic nexus crystal until Galan was in the basic pool, (I was successful in getting him) but after reading that support response, I'm unsure.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    That support response seems to be the exact opposite of how it has worked previously so they seem to be wrong and completely uninformed which is not a unique thing with support. Unfortunately, as has been shown lately, you can't 100% trust what a mod says on here either because they can either be uninformed or misinformed by various other teams in the company who actually implement the game functions.

It sounds like with the various teams inside Kabam there is not always a lot of communication between them which I believe people with insight into Kabam, and even mods, have mentioned before and said is not a unique thing to Kabam in the games industry. I do think some mods tend to have better access to info than the support people, who over the years I have felt like know almost nothing and don't even read all the details of tickets submitted. There is a definite problem with support agents that does need addressed though.
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    I hope they see it when they return to the office.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    It’s wrong, the employee must be new
  • jayb8008jayb8008 Posts: 76
    Thank you for addressing this and clarfying, Jax! And thank you for your constant communication in the forums. It is really helpful and greatly appreciated!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    The confusion probably stems from the fact that two statements are true, but they seem contradictory on the surface.

1. Crystal drop tables never change.

2. The champions that can drop from a crystal can depend on when the crystal is opened.

Crystal contents never change. When a crystal is designed to drop a random champion from a specified list of champions, that specified list never changes. If you buy a featured 6* crystal, that crystal contains a drop table of the 24 champions that the featured listed at the time you buy it. No matter when you open it, it will always drop a random champion from that list of 24 champs. When the featured pool changes, a new crystal is created and issued. All the old crystals continue to drop from their own original 24 champions.

However, sometimes a crystal doesn't list champions directly. Instead it is designed to drop a champ "from the basic 6* pool" for example. When a crystal is designed that way, its drop tables also never change. But since the basic pool itself changes over time, what champs are possible depend on when you open the crystal. The crystal always says "drop from the basic table" but the table keeps getting new champs added. So while the crystal never changes, the tables it pulls from do change.

If you know the rule that crystals never change, you might incorrectly believe that all possibilities are frozen when the crystal is acquired. However, that's not true for crystals that point to drop tables that themselves change. The crystal doesn't update itself, and its drop contents don't change. It is just that when one of your possible drops is "basic 6* table" the possible options can change even if the crystal doesn't.

Long ago, players used to ask if they bought a featured 5* crystal and the featured crystal changed, would their hoarded crystals change to drop from the new featured table. The answer is no, because crystals don't change. Once you buy them, that's it. They are essentially frozen. Somewhere in support's knowledgebase I would not be surprised if a note like that exists. However, that is misleading when crystals point to basic pools. The basic pools update, and the crystal points to the basic pool, so the crystal's contents implicitly change all the while the crystal itself never changes.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

However, sometimes a crystal doesn't list champions directly. Instead it is designed to drop a champ "from the basic 6* pool" for example. When a crystal is designed that way, its drop tables also never change. But since the basic pool itself changes over time, what champs are possible depend on when you open the crystal. The crystal always says "drop from the basic table" but the table keeps getting new champs added. So while the crystal never changes, the tables it pulls from do change.

Can you clarify the distinction you are making when you say, "When a crystal is designed that way, its drop tables also never change." but also, "the tables it pulls from do change."?

Is the drop table in this case just the identifier of basic 6* pool and it doesn't change to be basic 5* pool or something but the contents of the specific table (6* basic in the example) do change?
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    I saved a science abyss nexus for QS, opened it after QS was added to basic pool and pulled him, so yes 100% 👍