**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* Wolverine

2»

Comments

• CheywolfxCheywolfx Posts: 10

• AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    No compensation. If you bought it specifically for Wolverine; you had a 96% of not getting Wolverine anyways. And the game was already showing you via the character screen that Wolverine was not playable as a 6-star.

It would also be unfair to everyone that buys the pass in the future that you got extra rewards for the same cost.
    DalBot said:

Adevati said:

No compensation. If you bought it specifically for Wolverine; you had a 96% of not getting Wolverine anyways. And the game was already showing you via the character screen that Wolverine was not playable as a 6-star.

It would also be unfair to everyone that buys the pass in the future that you got extra rewards for the same cost.

People in the future wouldn't be buying under possible bait and switch with him being advertised as being in there. People play the lotto every day with miniscule chances of winning but for those with crazy rosters the chance to add a new champ like OG Wolvie as a 6* is pretty damn enticing
    It wasn’t a bait and switch. It was a text error that was fixed within minutes of launch. If a retailer distributes an ad with an erroneous price/product; they are not guilty of bait and switch and do not have to honor that price. Bait and switch is when a seller deliberately tries to deceive customers. That is not the case here.

Any player could have verified that Wolverine wasn’t added to the pool in a number of different ways (in game character screen, forum, support). There would be no need to rush because if it were legitimate, you’d still have access to the rewards for a month.
    WeaponX4X said:

Adevati said:

Will gladly give back the “rewards” and simply keep the 9.99 purchase of the double track and reclaim them daily for the rest of this event. Stop it. There’s nothing unfair to other players about getting refunded the cost of the 7 day boosters that were purchased for the sole purpose of having that 4% chance you stated of obtaining that 6* wolverine. What makes the fairness to “other players” more valuable than the fairness to those of us who made at least 4 purchases for falsely advertised items? Those that didn’t buy the boosters - at the end of the month- will end up having spent less money for the same rewards as those who did buy under false pretenses. In other words, they will have spent less money because they didn’t buy something under the deceptive/inaccurate advertisement.
    It’s actually astonishing that some of you take the time out of your day to interject your opinion about something that doesn’t impact you in any way shape or form, but does impact some of us directly. You don’t lose out on anything by simply not responding to my twenty dollar + tax plight lol. It’ll have no effect on your gameplay experience or that of anyone except those who were deceived…. Let’s not forget the whole point of contention here is the 7-day booster purchases, which, by their nature are offered so that the buyer doesn’t have to wait the 7 day period (4x in this case) to claim said rewards. So again, blaming impulse as if it’s impractical is irrelevant as the boosters ARE CREATED and SOLD to those willing to get items without waiting - but again, that item was not as advertised. 4% chance or not. :)
    You could have easily verified before you purchased. I don’t see a problem with Kabam reversing the purchase and removing the rewards. I do see a problem with offering compensation. Just because you spent money doesn’t make your opinion valid and mine invalid.
  • WeaponX4XWeaponX4X Posts: 52
    Okay we agree reverse the purchases, that’s fine. By compensation I didn’t specify that I like… wanted that 6* wolv in my inbox tomorrow morning lol. Tho it would be nice but obviously not realistic. And I’m sorry but the whole verifying before purchasing thing is ludicrous when the item description clearly stated 100% chance of a 6* champion and also listed the character in the item description. No one does that and like another poster said, there’s recent precedent for OG characters being released now as 6* - to think that people are going to do more leg work to check beyond what is listed in the advertised item description.

Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t think of another instance where a character was advertised as being in crystal/item in the actual game (not rumors) and then was removed without it being addressed by kabam. It was sneaky. I believe the mistake of listing him in the crystal was a genuine mistake, but removing and staying silent has a bad optic.
  • Fultsy24Fultsy24 Posts: 4
    This is just so disappointing. I pulled the trigger on the purchase right away to get my 5% shot at wolverine only to realize I had zero shot. It just Kabam bush league play.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    WeaponX4X said:

Okay we agree reverse the purchases, that’s fine. By compensation I didn’t specify that I like… wanted that 6* wolv in my inbox tomorrow morning lol. Tho it would be nice but obviously not realistic. And I’m sorry but the whole verifying before purchasing thing is ludicrous when the item description clearly stated 100% chance of a 6* champion and also listed the character in the item description. No one does that and like another poster said, there’s recent precedent for OG characters being released now as 6* - to think that people are going to do more leg work to check beyond what is listed in the advertised item description.

Maybe I’m wrong but I can’t think of another instance where a character was advertised as being in crystal/item in the actual game (not rumors) and then was removed without it being addressed by kabam. It was sneaky. I believe the mistake of listing him in the crystal was a genuine mistake, but removing and staying silent has a bad optic.

Agree that it's likely an honest mistake but they should still be doing something to compensate those who purchased based on said mistake. Maybe the other optional crystal or even simply a refund/equivalent units
    DalBot said:

WeaponX4X said:

Agree that it's likely an honest mistake but they should still be doing something to compensate those who purchased based on said mistake. Maybe the other optional crystal or even simply a refund/equivalent units

Right. Exactly. I don’t care what it is it’s about the principle. Lastly, I came across a fun nugget from a friend. Google play store today. So the whole verifying he’s available thing.. for anyone who did see this, it’s obvious that 6* wolv isn’t some made up mythical creature like the lochness monster - kabam has him advertised on their store page as well. B)

DalBot said:

Adevati said:

DalBot said:

Adevati said:

People in the future wouldn't be buying under possible bait and switch with him being advertised as being in there. People play the lotto every day with miniscule chances of winning but for those with crazy rosters the chance to add a new champ like OG Wolvie as a 6* is pretty damn enticing
    It wasn’t a bait and switch. It was a text error that was fixed within minutes of launch. If a retailer distributes an ad with an erroneous price/product; they are not guilty of bait and switch and do not have to honor that price. Bait and switch is when a seller deliberately tries to deceive customers. That is not the case here.

Any player could have verified that Wolverine wasn’t added to the pool in a number of different ways (in game character screen, forum, support). There would be no need to rush because if it were legitimate, you’d still have access to the rewards for a month.
    If a customer buys a product advertised by a retailer, before the retailer corrects their error, and the retailer does not offer to make it right after the fact, there's a word for that... five letters beginning with an F.
    You’re on a roll today. You incorrectly accused bait and switch and now you incorrectly accused fraud. Leave the legal terms to lawyers.
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Here to confirm what others have already explained: 6-Star Wolverine is not available in game (when we do see 6-star Wolverine, we'll make a much bigger deal about it). The team noticed the issue and quickly adjusted the list to be accurate.

I've gotten word from the support team that they will issue refunds for the dual track pass for those who made the purchase before the crystal information was corrected.

Thank you! After posting complaints, it’s only fair to give credit where due and this is the fair move. Thanks again & appreciate communication
  • So, give refund, and let people keep all the stuff they got from it ?

Or are you taking everything away from them, since they really didn’t want any of that stuff anyways?

People have gotten accustomed to taking advantage of any mistake right off the bat by purchasing things right away if they see there is something potentially wrong with description/etc, knowing they will likely get compensated in some fashion (an extra/duplicate crystal, as some previous times, and even once resulting in triple the original too)
    So of course people are gonna always jump the gun.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    So does this mean 6* Wolverine is NOT going to be in the next featured, or...
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    Jokes aside, sorry to those that did buy it. I didn't see that error, else that would have been my first purchase of the year. I'm really looking forward to some consistency across the rarities, namely 6* Wolverine.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    It clearly stated 6* Wolverine not included in the mythic one, so I won't bet on that for the other one.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 899 ★★★
    I saw it, bought it and kind of disappointed but will try my luck for a 6* Herc or Hulking instead! Also very happy to finally get my 5* Emma Frost (and Rogue later), so thank you Kabam! That will take the sting out of pulling a 6* Beast tonight… 😂
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited February 2023

So, give refund, and let people keep all the stuff they got from it ?

Or are you taking everything away from them, since they really didn’t want any of that stuff anyways?

People have gotten accustomed to taking advantage of any mistake right off the bat by purchasing things right away if they see there is something potentially wrong with description/etc, knowing they will likely get compensated in some fashion (an extra/duplicate crystal, as some previous times, and even once resulting in triple the original too)

Sounds like you are accusing me since I was one of those people who bought the crystal quickly specifically because Wolverine was listed but not actually in it. I can tell you NONE of what you wrote above entered my mind. Not one piece of it. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that’s some tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff right there. You missed the part where everyone who bought it did so believing 6* Wolverine was in it BECAUSE IT WAS LISTED IN THE CRYSTAL ITSELF. They can pretty easily just roll back the champion that was pulled from the crystal and give us the option of reselecting which one we want.
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Here to confirm what others have already explained: 6-Star Wolverine is not available in game (when we do see 6-star Wolverine, we'll make a much bigger deal about it). The team noticed the issue and quickly adjusted the list to be accurate.

I've gotten word from the support team that they will issue refunds for the dual track pass for those who made the purchase before the crystal information was corrected.

Why not the boosters instead of the track pass? By removing the pass event access we have still paid for boosters and don’t get almost a full months worth of the daily 6* shards beyond day 30 - but kabam gets to keep the money for the boosters? Doesn’t seem fair and the terms of service don’t include what happens when the company makes a mistake and refuses to do the right thing.
  • Vance2_jr said:

So, give refund, and let people keep all the stuff they got from it ?

Sounds like you are accusing me since I was one of those people who bought the crystal quickly specifically because Wolverine was listed but not actually in it. I can tell you NONE of what you wrote above entered my mind. Not one piece of it. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that’s some tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff right there. You missed the part where everyone who bought it did so believing 6* Wolverine was in it BECAUSE IT WAS LISTED IN THE CRYSTAL ITSELF. They can pretty easily just roll back the champion that was pulled from the crystal and give us the option of reselecting which one we want.
    This is delayed, but if you are feeling accused and that this was targeted at you, maybe you do fall in somewhere that they described. No where did they say everyone who bought that right away knew it was wrong and new that they would get a refund somewhat or how or manipulate the system. They just stated that people have come accustomed to it, as we have seen many times this year. The blame is partially to Kabam for not catching these mistakes , sure, but this doesn’t mean that if you bought it this was you’re intention.
    Hey, just checking in constructively about when we’ll get confirmation & approval for refunds of booster purchases that were solely made to obtain the falsely advertised item - or “issue” as it was described?

Sincerely. No condescension. Pure & genuine constructive question. I’ve heard loud and clear that you value feedback, your TOS states it frequently. I won’t duplicate the facts of the matter or mention anything seriously off-topic.

Just a highly loyal 8-year paying customer eagerly awaiting confirmation of the continued ethical judgment calls - specifically to rectify purchases solely made due to the “issue” before it was corrected.
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,