**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will expert proving grounds be improved?

The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
Will the AI in expert proving grounds be improved with today's maintenance?
They literally stand there taking a beating until they reach s3 then hit you with a special that takes less than 1/5 of of your health.

How is that a fun way to play?
It's such a boring part of the game.
The improvements to make it only 2 energy/move and putting it with the other proving grounds was good but why make the AI so dumb?

Comments

• Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    They literally stand there taking a beating until they reach s3 then hit you with a special that takes less than 1/5 of of your health.

The improvements to make it only 2 energy/move and putting it with the other proving grounds was good but why make the AI so dumb?

If you are unable to bait them then use a power control champ like Magik or Scarlet Witch.
  • Options

If you are unable to bait them then use a power control champ like Magik or Scarlet Witch.

It's got nothing to do with baiting specials, you've missed the point entirely
  • Options

No, I believe you have missed the point: if you cannot learn to bait the opponent then you should use a power control champ.
  • Options

No, I believe you have missed the point: if you cannot learn to bait the opponent then you should use a power control champ.

Forget specials.
    The point is it's a boring part of the game that offers zero challenge.
    The opponent's literally stand there doing nothing.
    Before it was changed you at least had to watch the game because they actually tried to hit you.

There's more challenge in the "hard" proving ground.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You might as well complain about all difficulties of the monthly event quest if you’re going to complain about boring content
  • Options

Forget specials.
    Before it was changed you at least had to watch the game because they actually tried to hit you.

I just tested it. I managed to bait Cyclops into using his s1. It took a lot more effort arguable than it should, but if anything that is perhaps the "challenge" you should be looking for. I typically run heroic proving grounds on autofight so I cannot speak to that being a challenge.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Forget specials.

I just tested it. I managed to bait Cyclops into using his s1. It took a lot more effort arguable than it should, but if anything that is perhaps the "challenge" you should be looking for. I typically run heroic proving grounds on autofight so I cannot speak to that being a challenge.

You're obsessed with the baiting of specials.
    I mentioned it but that's not the point I was making.
    It's BORING, EPG used to be a fun place to test new 3*.
    The AI would move, you had to evade.

There's also no need to bait specials in this mode.
    They're so weak you could easily take 5-6 s3 before you'd die
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

Forget specials.

Just accept it, you have completely missed the point. Which is - prior to Expert Proving Grounds going daily, the AI was the "aggressive" type that we expect to find in higher-tier content. You could argue that it's harder, regardless it's what we expect and enables you to use the full range of your skills.

The AI in Expert right now is the dumbest of the dumb, along the lines of the AI you find in the first 10 rounds of arena. This is a bug, in my opinion, and needs to be fixed. It's easy enough to beat, that's not the point. It's painful to play AI that passive and stupid on a daily basis. I dread Expert every single day.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike this has been reported several times since these changes went live and it has not, to date, been officially addressed at all. Can we please get an answer from the team on this one?

It simply cannot be working as intended, I can only assume that the AI from the easier Proving Grounds tiers is being used by mistake since Expert was moved into that section of the game.
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike this has been reported several times since these changes went live and it has not, to date, been officially addressed at all. Can we please get an answer from the team on this one?

It simply cannot be working as intended, I can only assume that the AI from the easier Proving Grounds tiers is being used by mistake since Expert was moved into that section of the game.

While I think you are probably right about the same difficulty being used for Expert now as there is for Heroic there are way more important parts of the game to fix. Also, going to have to disagree with your post above where you attack another user. That's breaking the rules. He/She and the OP are allowed their own opinions.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    420sam wrote: »
    Palanthrax wrote: »

While I think you are probably right about the same difficulty being used for Expert now as there is for Heroic there are way more important parts of the game to fix. Also, going to have to disagree with your post above where you attack another user. That's breaking the rules. He/She and the OP are allowed their own opinions.

I agree with the need to address other bugs and issues first, but am intrigued to see if a mod will weigh in on this game mode. I used to hate this mode, but the extra t4b frags are quite handy now especially with the reduced energy costs.
  • Options
    I tried this myself just now which is the first time I’ve done it since they incorporated it into the normal proving grounds event.

The AI is definitely on a lower difficulty than it used to be. I did a full run on the hardest path and not once did the AI use a L1 or L2 special. Even when they got 3 bars full it was hit and miss whether they would use it or not. Even the final boss reached 3 bars early on but didn’t use their L3 for the entire fight. Weird.
  • Options
    I tried this myself just now which is the first time I’ve done it since they incorporated it into the normal proving grounds event.

The AI is definitely on a lower difficulty than it used to be. I did a full run on the hardest path and not once did the AI use a L1 or L2 special. Even when they got 3 bars full it was hit and miss whether they would use it or not. Even the final boss reached 3 bars early on but didn’t use their L3 for the entire fight. Weird.

Especially as on the hard path the boss socials are unblockable.
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Of all the problems with the game this is NOT one to get worked up about. Easy T4B shards, how dare you Kabam.
  • Options
    Of all the problems with the game this is NOT one to get worked up about. Easy T4B shards, how dare you Kabam.

You're right, there are bigger problems but this is one of those annoying ones that needs to added to the list.
    A bit further down the list than parry, random heavies and pure skill but still needs looking at
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

You're right, there are bigger problems but this is one of those annoying ones that needs to added to the list.
    A bit further down the list than parry, random heavies and pure skill but still needs looking at

Why though? How many threads are there on the forums about not having enough t4 basic frags? An easy, boring challenge for a precious resource is not really a thing that needs fixing. Plus it probably is not an easy challenge for those that do not have 4/40 4*s. If you are wanting more of a challenge there are plenty of other game modes to test your 3*s on.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    People aren't asking for them to have to take months to figure out some complicated AI that will require rigorous testing (Hah!).

Just take the old AI that used to be there, where they would actually use their specials instead of everyone having a soft All-or-Nothing node active, and put it back in.

At the very least, for one of them to actually state if this change was intended or not. They have, to my knowledge, avoided commenting on any one of the multiple threads that myself and others have created.
  • Options
    Hey All,

So, the issue here isn't the AI, as we didn't change that, but something else that is causing the AI to be easier than it should be. We're on the case and looking at a fix.
  • Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Hey All,

So, the issue here isn't the AI, as we didn't change that, but something else that is causing the AI to be easier than it should be. We're on the case and looking at a fix.

No need to hurry, please. I'm having fun with it.
  • Options
    JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    So why are people complaining?

I thought the old AI was fun. I don't think the new AI is fun.

• Options
    Hey All,

That's fantastic news, looking forward to it. I appreciate that this is probably unpopular to many, but for those of us who could complete it previously, the new "easy" AI is tedious as a daily task.
  • Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    The rewards of the challenge are so pathetic there is no need to make it harder. Auto play is more than enough for the pathetic rewards. Unless you are suggesting that they at least triple the amount of shards then make it harder you are asking for a waste of time.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    My point is: we shouldn't need our A team to fight through everything in the game. A significant portion of the player base runs AQ and AW which tie up 11 champs right away. Then we need 5 more for questing.

I ran this with a full team of r4 4* with no issues with the properly working AI, and unless I made a mistake on the boss and ate a special, never really lost a champ or used any potions. It was the right balance of difficulty for a farmable event that helped keep your skills sharp. It didn't require your best.

Now it's just dumb.

Also, good to hear acknowledgement on this, and that it will be addressed.