**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loki Update Discussion

Hey everybody,

We've closed down some of the other threads on this subject since most of the information contained within them were based on unconfirmed/outdated information. We've posted an update to Loki for all of you to check out here.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    It probably would've been better if you had tied the damage cap to rank and star levels. Kinda insane that a 3* r1 does the same 100k damage in LoL as a 5* R5. Even if it was just by star level, like 3*'s cap is 50k, 4's 100k, and 5's 150k. If there is still time to redirect fire please consider something like this.

Well ... a 3-star champion wouldn't be alive that much time due to enrage timer. Itwould probably get k.o. in seconds after thestart of the fight
  • Could you please tell me if this synergy will be available via 2 star Hela or not?
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    It probably would've been better if you had tied the damage cap to rank and star levels. Kinda insane that a 3* r1 does the same 100k damage in LoL as a 5* R5. Even if it was just by star level, like 3*'s cap is 50k, 4's 100k, and 5's 150k. If there is still time to redirect fire please consider something like this.

I don't think that is entirely crazy, because not all effects and limits scale in that way or necessarily need to. Consider Guillotine's heal reversal. That effect is just as strong whether your Guillotine is a 5* or a 2*. A 2* Guillotine can in theory bring down RoL Wolverine just as fast as a 5* as a result, but that isn't really game breaking because of how the mechanics are balanced.

More to the point, the LoL damage cap itself is neutral to all champions regardless of rank.

The question is whether the 100,000 cap is reasonable. I can't say it is unreasonable. 100k is just about 7% of 1.5 million which is the health of most LoL opponents on the easy path if I'm recalling correctly. The cap would only be meaningful when fighting enemies with more than 1.5 million health, and the cap would still be twice the cap of the normal LoL damage cap. Given that, I don't think this significantly harms the synergy even in LoL. It clips the highest excesses of it, but if the synergy was viable at all, it should still be viable in most fights.
  • xxyanarxx wrote: »
    Could you please tell me if this synergy will be available via 2 star Hela or not?

It will only be available for 4-Star and 5-Star Hela.
  • xxyanarxx wrote: »
    Could you please tell me if this synergy will be available via 2 star Hela or not?

It will only be available for 4-Star and 5-Star Hela.

Thank you for the answer. Have a nice day.
  • So love how you change it to energy damage and say it was always that way but you didn’t have space to write it..what a freakin joke f a company
  • Why you always fix things that affect you as an enterprise asap. But if it affects us, you wait as long as you can, 8 hours of maintenance and still lag, bugs, freezing, but for nerfing champs you’re quick af to “fix” them

This is not a nerf. This had no effect on the game, save for 5 people that had access to Hela. Aside from them, there was nobody with Access to Hela or the synergy that made this possible. Without that Synergy, reach the huge amount of damage was not a possibility.

I completely agree mike keep up the good work mate
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Why you always fix things that affect you as an enterprise asap. But if it affects us, you wait as long as you can, 8 hours of maintenance and still lag, bugs, freezing, but for nerfing champs you’re quick af to “fix” them

This is not a nerf. This had no effect on the game, save for 5 people that had access to Hela. Aside from them, there was nobody with Access to Hela or the synergy that made this possible. Without that Synergy, reach the huge amount of damage was not a possibility.

But Miike, that does not address the people who were foolish enough to rank up Loki thinking he was god tier because of this synergy all of a sudden.
  • It is still on maintence? I want my prizes
  • Why you always fix things that affect you as an enterprise asap. But if it affects us, you wait as long as you can, 8 hours of maintenance and still lag, bugs, freezing, but for nerfing champs you’re quick af to “fix” them

But Miike, that does not address the people who were foolish enough to rank up Loki thinking he was god tier because of this synergy all of a sudden.

Why would anyone rank up Loki before actually acquiring Hela? Only the five top legends runners even have a reasonable right to complain about this in the first place, and even for those people it seems Loki will still be doing almost the same damage with SP2 against most LoL opponents. Only against the very high health ones will damage be lower than it originally would have been, and still higher than the LoL damage cap.
  • It is still on maintence? I want my prizes
    im kinda new how do I change my character picture in the forums

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Why you always fix things that affect you as an enterprise asap. But if it affects us, you wait as long as you can, 8 hours of maintenance and still lag, bugs, freezing, but for nerfing champs you’re quick af to “fix” them

Then they rushed in blind. He will still do boatloads of damage though. It wasn’t in vain. Read the changes. It’s still an upgrade the way I read it at this point. Just smaller than it was two days ago.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Why would anyone rank up Loki before actually acquiring Hela? Only the five top legends runners even have a reasonable right to complain about this in the first place, and even for those people it seems Loki will still be doing almost the same damage with SP2 against most LoL opponents. Only against the very high health ones will damage be lower than it originally would have been, and still higher than the LoL damage cap.

It's called "throwing shade."

• Changing the rules of the games while it’s being played out tells me U don’t want to live by the terms U placed initially.

What it tells me is KABAM has poor planning at the Systems Level.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    It is nice but SL is still so much better in LoL, so I don't get why it was such a big deal. It is hard to pull off at best you may be able to drop one every 60 secs, that isn't many drops before rage timer expires. Certainly not 14 required for solo shots
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    From a gamers stand point, it is defiantly annoying with the down times and the “nerfs” and other various issues.

However, from a game coding side of it, I get it. MCOC is a HUGE game, with a lot of parts to it and you can’t always catch everything right away. I think overall Kabam has done a pretty decent job bringing in new content every month and trying to keep the bugs to a minimum. But **** happens.
    I think the nerf to Loki was a good call and they found a happy medium to fix it.

As to everyone else pissed off about the constant down time, back off. They aren’t taking it down for no good reason. Until you have been on the other side and seen the type of work that happens on the server side of these types of games, you really don’t have a clue what you are talking about. Let them do their job, cause pushing off your anger on the mods here isn’t gonna fix anything.
    Yes, they are a business, and like any good business I would hope they are trying to do better.
    But here is the difference, With the electric company and phone service, you have to pay for it order to get their service. This game is free to play. It doesn’t have to cost you anything if you don’t want it too. It is also not a nessessity. If Kabam decided suddenly they wanted to shut down the game and strictly focus on their Trasformers game, there isn’t anything anyone can do about it. Of course I don’t think they would ever do that, I ‘m sure they are making millions off the game.

We are kinda getting off topic here though, and I’m sure this can be discussed somewhere better.
  • the6ththe6th Posts: 153
    How about bugs posted 3 months ago but still in the game? Still investigating? I don't care about that 8hrs downtime and nerf thing but the fact that they act fast with an exploit then ignores bugs for months then that's not good at all.
    the6th wrote: »
    How about bugs posted 3 months ago but still in the game? Still investigating? I don't care about that 8hrs downtime and nerf thing but the fact that they act fast with an exploit then ignores bugs for months then that's not good at all.
    You'd probably have to be more specific. Saying “bugs in the past 3 months” is covering a lot of area and bugs XD
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    I know it wasn't expected, so it needed to be fixed. But honestly, it wasn't necessary.

People would foolishly bring their 4/40 4* Loki into labyrinth thinking it's going to be amazing. They'd take 1/3 of their health in block damage before getting to sp3. Then maybe half their health before one sp2. Maybe pull two sp2 before dying if they can even refresh the curse successfully without parry. Then they'll revive thinking they are cheating the system.

Probably make more money off the Loki hopefuls than the skilled starlord/spark teams.

The early access videos were made by top players who earned her. And even in those videos the loki is 1/3rd dead before the sp2 screenshot.
    Superman69 wrote: »
    This again proves that the testing team doesn't play this game. I mean the day Hela's info was leaked on reddit, a no. of players read that synergy and immediately started talking about Loki and Lol.

BUT, it took some youtube videos for the officials to recognize that stuff, AFTER the character was released in-game (maybe not for all, but for 5 players nonetheless)

You guys need some better testers tbh.

Remember it's only a friends and family affair right now. I'm sure it will be expanded soon to the masses. ;)
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Wookeh said it, this nerf was from the overreaction of people to a photo without doing any research, that damage required a long process and a lot of block damage, you're far better off with a starlord or sparky, it actually makes more sense to have more than 3 champs in the game who can do an easy path in lol for less than $500 worth of units, pretty sure you just made even a r4 5* Loki worse than a 4* starlord again