**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Expiring valor

So am i correct in my assumption that the exchange rate for valor is 1:1? the mail stated "Any remaining Valor will be converted into gold". It doesn't specify the exchange rate, but i don't see why it wouldn't be equal.

I want to make sure its 1:1 rate so i know if i should keep my valor or use it. Letting it expire is actually a pretty great source of gold if its 1:1, far better then actually spending (at minimum) 20k valor on a gold crystal.

Comments

• Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    anyone have confirmation of the exchange rate? kabam mike? help me :D
  • I was wondering the same thing!! I’ve been hearing it likely will not be 1:1 ratio, however if it was that’d be AWESOME!
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    By their email that would be the assumption. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_ @Kabam_mike

Can you guys provide a quick notion on this?
  • B4nanaJoB4nanaJo Posts: 89
    1:1 would be nice but addressing the gold issue for those who don’t have time to grind arenas would be even nicer.
  • K_FEDK_FED Posts: 2
    @Kabam Miike what's the conversion on valor to gold going to be??
    @B4nanaJo that's exactly what this does, you don't need to do arena to get valor. my ault account never does arena and has 2.6m valor. desperately need gold and want to find out if it is indeed 1:1
  • Hey gang!

The Valor will indeed be converted to gold with 1:1 being the exchange rate. :)
    @Kabam Vydious thanks :D glad to hear it!!!!
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I regret blowing all my valor on pots and junk now.
    Damnit. I essentially screwed myself out of the gold I needed. That's wonderful.
  • K1lltastic wrote: »
    I regret blowing all my valor on pots and junk now.
    Damnit. I essentially screwed myself out of the gold I needed. That's wonderful.

Sameeeee. And I blew it on some dumb stuff after clearing the t2a and 5* shards I needed thinking it was going to just expire :-(
  • Excellent news. And I would suggest refunding some valor to anyone who bought golden crystals with valor before this announcement. Golden crystals are offered at prices that start at 20k valor, and they typically give out 2,400 gold. No one would have bought any golden crystals if they'd known 20k leftover valor converts to 20k gold.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I could use the gold.......
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Excellent news. And I would suggest refunding some valor to anyone who bought golden crystals with valor before this announcement. Golden crystals are offered at prices that start at 20k valor, and they typically give out 2,400 gold. No one would have bought any golden crystals if they'd known 20k leftover valor converts to 20k gold.

This would be a fair and logical resolution. However, if you think Kabam will do it then you likely have not been playing very long. Any poor sould who traded valor for gold crystals is out of luck.
    Excellent news. And I would suggest refunding some valor to anyone who bought golden crystals with valor before this announcement. Golden crystals are offered at prices that start at 20k valor, and they typically give out 2,400 gold. No one would have bought any golden crystals if they'd known 20k leftover valor converts to 20k gold.

This would be a fair and logical resolution. However, if you think Kabam will do it then you likely have not been playing very long. Any poor sould who traded valor for gold crystals is out of luck.

I disagree, the "fair" thing would have been to let everyone know valor would become gold from the start. However that isn't the case. If you spent valor already on gold crystals that's on you, and isn't kabams fault. You should have done what most players are doing. hold your valor till the end and determine what you can afford. Spending your valor without thinking is your fault, not kabams.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

I disagree, the "fair" thing would have been to let everyone know valor would become gold from the start. However that isn't the case. If you spent valor already on gold crystals that's on you, and isn't kabams fault. You should have done what most players are doing. hold your valor till the end and determine what you can afford. Spending your valor without thinking is your fault, not kabams.

Agree here. Everyone should know by now what an awful value gold crystals are, but they still have a chance for over 20k, right? So that’s just a gamble that some may have taken anyway. People that bought gold crystals were probably needing gold ASAP and wouldn’t have waited anyway. Maybe they would have spent units instead but either way I’m not worried about paying back gold crystal buyers much.