**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• So using my 5*r4 voodoo,
    Coldsnap at beginning of fight hits for 420 per tick.
    When Ice Phoenix does s1, and hits me, only deals 265 per tick.

Is this working as intended?
  • I am getting 420 per tick on my 5* r4 voodoo. Without ever getting hit, I lost half my health with voodoo’s regen during first 12 seconds!!!

You lost half your health without Voodoo's regen. That node has heal block.
  • Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in response about compensation. I can confirm that anybody who fought Ice Phoenix on Uncollected difficulty, prior to her Signature Ability level being lowered, can send in a ticket to our Support Team to receive compensation. You can contact Support directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, they can also be reached here.

Shouldn't Iceman be immune to coldsnap? I was surprised it wasn't...
  • The problem I feel most have is this....the coldsnap damage is 18,000 damage that is UNAVOIDABLE albeit unless using one champ in the game. Unavoidable damage and “difficult content” are two different things imo.

Difficult ties in w skill level....whereas unavoidable damage is just a matter of Kabam’s favorite “insert coin to play” mentality. And we can all agree that that can be insanely unnerving....
  • Yea I look forward to receiving my compensation for clearing her before and dumping items/units into it. Can't wait for my Level 1 team health potion
  • So using my 5*r4 voodoo,
    Coldsnap at beginning of fight hits for 420 per tick.
    When Ice Phoenix does s1, and hits me, only deals 265 per tick.

Is this working as intended?

Can't speak for exact numbers, but in general icebros coldsnap from l1 is weaker than the one from his sig.
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    I made the proof of concept video that the Cold Snap was always manageable even before they changed the signature level of Ice Phoenix. I won't be posting the solo's here but I will upload them to my channel in a few days.

https://youtu.be/ou0ScCiysPg
  • at0mat0m Posts: 92
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in response about compensation. I can confirm that anybody who fought Ice Phoenix on Uncollected difficulty, prior to her Signature Ability level being lowered, can send in a ticket to our Support Team to receive compensation. You can contact Support directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, they can also be reached here.

I hate to tell you this but the node still does a lot more damage. I had a 5/50 drax with 11k hp and I went in the fight, I did not even take a blocked hit from Ice Phoenix and she still knocked me out just with the cold snap damage. Her sig ability says she can only do 4.5k damage over 12 seconds but my drax just lost over 11k hp from cold snap.
  • Dupe mordo blocks a lot of coldsnap (nrg damage). Jane Foster also has nrg resist
  • I made the proof of concept video that the Cold Snap was always manageable even before they changed the signature level of Ice Phoenix. I won't be posting the solo's here but I will upload them to my channel in a few days.

I'm pretty sure no one was arguing that there were no champions with counters to cold snap. The question is whether it is reasonable for that champion to have so few specific champion counters.

Also, scaling up the damage you are seeing with Rogue, even with her 70% shake off the original version of Ice Phoenix would have dealt about 5500 damage to Rogue, about half her health, with cold snap alone. That means even if it was possible for Rogue to kill Ice Phoenix as fast as Seatin did with Star Lord (which is impossible) and even if it was possible to do so with as few blocked hits as Seatin's Star Lord (again, impossible because of the huge difference in damage) you'd still have taken at least 2324 damage on top of cold snap. With heal block in effect, I don't think many players could one-shot Phoenix with 4* Rogue without lots of practice tries.

Even scaling Rogue up to 5*, I think it is unlikely someone using 5* Rogue could have finished the fight taking less than 10k damage from Ice Phoenix, half of that from Cold Snap alone, and even with Rogue's immense 70% reduction in Cold Snap duration. And outside of Agent Venom and Mephisto, that's the best case scenario.

It isn't a question of whether it is doable at all, but whether it is reasonable for the difficulty level. And even the highest difficulty level content has a reasonable ceiling on difficulty.
  • at0m wrote: »
    Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in response about compensation. I can confirm that anybody who fought Ice Phoenix on Uncollected difficulty, prior to her Signature Ability level being lowered, can send in a ticket to our Support Team to receive compensation. You can contact Support directly from the game's home screen by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner and scrolling down to the button labeled "Support". Additionally, they can also be reached here.

I hate to tell you this but the node still does a lot more damage. I had a 5/50 drax with 11k hp and I went in the fight, I did not even take a blocked hit from Ice Phoenix and she still knocked me out just with the cold snap damage. Her sig ability says she can only do 4.5k damage over 12 seconds but my drax just lost over 11k hp from cold snap.

By my calculations, Cold snap should deal about 10750 damage from Cold snap assuming no class advantages/disadvantages. Her sig ability sheet doesn't factor in the fact that she is sitting on a +150% damage node. That's not enough to defeat an 11k health champion, but I suspect you're exaggerating when you say you didn't take a single blocked hit. It would literally take only one blocked hit to turn 10750 to 11k.
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I made the proof of concept video that the Cold Snap was always manageable even before they changed the signature level of Ice Phoenix. I won't be posting the solo's here but I will upload them to my channel in a few days.

I'm pretty sure no one was arguing that there were no champions with counters to cold snap. The question is whether it is reasonable for that champion to have so few specific champion counters.

Also, scaling up the damage you are seeing with Rogue, even with her 70% shake off the original version of Ice Phoenix would have dealt about 5500 damage to Rogue, about half her health, with cold snap alone. That means even if it was possible for Rogue to kill Ice Phoenix as fast as Seatin did with Star Lord (which is impossible) and even if it was possible to do so with as few blocked hits as Seatin's Star Lord (again, impossible because of the huge difference in damage) you'd still have taken at least 2324 damage on top of cold snap. With heal block in effect, I don't think many players could one-shot Phoenix with 4* Rogue without lots of practice tries.

Even scaling Rogue up to 5*, I think it is unlikely someone using 5* Rogue could have finished the fight taking less than 10k damage from Ice Phoenix, half of that from Cold Snap alone, and even with Rogue's immense 70% reduction in Cold Snap duration. And outside of Agent Venom and Mephisto, that's the best case scenario.

It isn't a question of whether it is doable at all, but whether it is reasonable for the difficulty level. And even the highest difficulty level content has a reasonable ceiling on difficulty.

My only point is that people went out of their way to unit or item their way through the fight without any need for it. This fight is doable with a 3 star Mephisto just like the 6 star boss rush Mephisto could be solo'd with a 3 star Mephisto.

Instead of just powering through content there is usually a better, smarter way of getting it done. That's all I was saying. It won't stop anyone from complaining about a challenge in the game though.
  • at0mat0m Posts: 92
    at0m wrote: »

By my calculations, Cold snap should deal about 10750 damage from Cold snap assuming no class advantages/disadvantages. Her sig ability sheet doesn't factor in the fact that she is sitting on a +150% damage node. That's not enough to defeat an 11k health champion, but I suspect you're exaggerating when you say you didn't take a single blocked hit. It would literally take only one blocked hit to turn 10750 to 11k.

I wish I had a video proof for this, but you’re free to assume. I’m stating the fact, I only intercepted. No hits blocked.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Hey everyone -

First off, I've merged two threads together on this topic. Secondly, I want to apologize for the frustrations this has been causing everyone, I was able to talk this over with the team and it sounds like her Sig Ability was higher than intended for the Uncollected Difficulty. Our teams were able to check into it and have since lowered the ability to where the damage will be more bearable over time for the fight.

I just tried fighting against her and my character does no matter what in about 10 seconds, no hits, just that Ice death...even if it’s a robot like Ultron or Vision, doesn’t matter, just dies.

I though you guys fixed this? I can’t see under any circumstance how this can be considered fair and/or competitive in any way.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • at0m wrote: »
    at0m wrote: »

I wish I had a video proof for this, but you’re free to assume. I’m stating the fact, I only intercepted. No hits blocked.

Fair enough. However, the calculated difference between what the adjusted cold snap is going to deal and your stated health of your attacker is, without any documentation to the contrary, sufficiently within the margin of error to be consistent with the ~40% reduction in damage the devs altered Cold snap to do.

I should reiterate that there was no bug that Cold snap was doing more damage than the character sheet shows. That's not a bug and that's not what the devs changed. Cold snap does more damage than the character sheet shows because Ice Phoenix is on a +150% buff node which the character sheet does not account for. The devs reduced the damage of Cold snap because it was doing more damage than intended or desired, not more damage than the character sheet claimed.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    Hey everyone -

First off, I've merged two threads together on this topic. Secondly, I want to apologize for the frustrations this has been causing everyone, I was able to talk this over with the team and it sounds like her Sig Ability was higher than intended for the Uncollected Difficulty. Our teams were able to check into it and have since lowered the ability to where the damage will be more bearable over time for the fight.
    Hey everyone -

I just tried fighting against her and my character does no matter what in about 10 seconds, no hits, just that Ice death...even if it’s a robot like Ultron or Vision, doesn’t matter, just dies.

I though you guys fixed this? I can’t see under any circumstance how this can be considered fair and/or competitive in any way.

Sorry for the double post, meant to quote so hopefully there’s a response.

Do I have to start the quest over again?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    This fight is doable with a 3 star Mephisto just like the 6 star boss rush Mephisto could be solo'd with a 3 star Mephisto.

Do it and post a video
  • Jcross_40Jcross_40 Posts: 63
    edited December 2017
    imnoone wrote: »
    Jcross_40 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I dropped around 1000 units on this b####. Compensation is a must.

1000 units? really? Just wow.

Coldsnap takes your entire energy before the nerf. Her attack was 10k, so if you block, you absorb the impact which further depletes your energy.

[Edited by Moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    ret2atfkf7sy.png
    igxqtmaqids6.png
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    That was a 4* 5/50 magik. I stopped parrying around hit 40 bc that would have killed me. Only time I used her in that quest. So basically all cold snap with 8-10 parries did that damage. That’s post-nerf
  • Still level 60/65 on mine.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    One of the rules in a company: always mention that your mistakes are all unintended.
    That way you can 'avoid' public critisms saying that you don't test your product before letting the public use them. LOL
  • Ganny76 wrote: »
    Still level 60/65 on mine.

They did not change her rank. They changed the signature level of her signature ability which is to start the fight with cold snap. I believe it was sig 100 originally and it was reduced to sig 10. It originally did 7078.28 damage over 12 seconds (unbuffed) and it was lowered to deal 4375.56 damage over 12 seconds. Ice Phoenix sits on a +150% damage node, so the real damage of cold snap was originally about 17695.7 (7078.28 x 2.5) and was lowered to about 10938.9 (4375.56 x 2.5). Those numbers are approximate because I don't know how the game rounds off damage numbers when it delivers damage over time. In terms of visible damage it appears to be 24 ticks of 448 damage which would add up to 10752 damage.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    One of the rules in a company: always mention that your mistakes are all unintended.
    That way you can 'avoid' public critisms saying that you don't test your product before letting the public use them. LOL

Encountered many intended mistakes? Lol.
  • bloodyCain wrote: »

I believe you have something backward there. The natural conclusion when a company states that all of their errors are unintended is that they were not properly tested. In the software world the joke is that if you don't want to admit something was an unintended error, the bug is called a questionable feature.
  • So basically still impossible with 5/50 champs for the most part. Thanks Kabam.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Ganny76 wrote: »
    So basically still impossible with 5/50 champs for the most part. Thanks Kabam.
    Yea pretty much